USA basketball showcase.
No ones made a thread about Thursdays game yet.
How about my man the brow in this game? 22 points 7 rebounds in 23 minutes plus that epic coast to coast play. Kyrie was spectacular as always, he really dominated in the pick and roll making the bigs look silly on switches.
Anthony Davis is the kid who from being talked as a future superstar now is slept on..
people thought 19year old 220lbs bigman will come and be an allstar but he didn't, like the same Garnett didn't who AD gets compared..
I am still almost sure he will be multiple allstar..and if that jumpshot he showed in this camp in going only to improve then once he gets in 240s he can be THE best power forward in the league
Couldn't agree more, Anthony has the tools to be elite. Is it crazy to think he'll be on KG's level?
Lost in the shuffle of his rookie year was the fact that his PER of 21.7 ranked 14th in the league, ahead of players like LeMarcus Aldridge, Steph Curry, Kyrie Irving, Dwight Howard and Al Horford. He wasn't asked to be a world beater last year as a 20 year old, but his efficiency shows how good he could become.
- that Drummond vs Cousins match up was what i paid most attention to. Big Cuz is so far advanced skill wise but Drummond still did what's expected of him. I really think Cuz should be on that FIBA team. He commands a double team, can pass, shoot, rebound. He would be an asset, though I'd be worried about him if he didn't get any playing time.
- DeAndre Jordan is a butt.
-Harrison Barnes huh?! Everyone who questioned his athleticism looks stupid. His jumper is mechanically spot on. If his ceiling is still anywhere near what we thought in HS, special player right there
- I still am surprised everytime I see him how good Kyrie is. Unreal handle and finisher. I do get a little worried everytime he hits the deck.
- depending on Westbrook, Steph and Rose, I'd like to see John Wall on the team. Can't have enough explosive athletes against these crafty/heady foreigners. Actually, I'd love to see Rondo but if he didn't make it last time...
- not sure why people think Melo will be on the 2014 team. Dwight could I guess since he missed the Olympics.
- Greg Monroe was stelar on D. If he can improve that and a jumper, he's an All Star. He was Rivals #1 player (maybe not at the end) coming out of HS
- still a lot to sort out, especially with what former guys come back. I'm sure they'll want some kind of veteran presence again.
- Isiah Thomas failed once as a broadcaster. Why bring him back? He laughed so hard at dumb joke he made. I put it on mute eventually
I'm disappointed the blue team lost........but in their defense Coach Thibs only allowed 4 guys to start the game. He seemed confused when the other coaches told him Luol Deng wasn't there to play 60 minutes (of a 40 minute game) at the 3 spot. So he started only 4 in protest.
(Shout out to Britain's Deng and his amazing game stamina).
Kyrie Irving looks like he will be on the 2014/2016 teams for sure. Love watching his handle and the way he plays. Lilliard had nothing for him. Harrison Barnes looked pretty good too.
I don't think AD will put up the same assist numbers as KG put in the past