This topic contains 16 replies, has 6 voices, and was last updated by AvatarAvatar wrector 10 years, 3 months ago.

• Author
    goldie92689
    Participant
    qDizzle32
    Participant

I was a little surprised to not see John Wall on there but he probably wouldn’t have made it anyway with all of the good PG’s in the NBA now a days. 

qDizzle32
    Participant

I was a little surprised to not see John Wall on there but he probably wouldn’t have made it anyway with all of the good PG’s in the NBA now a days. 

wrector
    Participant

I’m not entirely sure how players are selected for the pool, but how does Kenneth Faried make it in over players like Paul Millsap or Greg Monroe?

baggin13
      Participant

Its a good point, but i would assume it is for his ability to rebound. Not to diss on the other two, but he is a better rebounder then both.

wrector
        Participant

You could argue he’s better rebounder than Millsap, but definitely not Monroe.

machu46
          Participant

Based on TRB% and Rebounds Per 36, Faried is better than both.

wrector
            Participant
            Fair enough, but I would still argue Monroe’s numbers are more impressive as he plays next to two aggressive rebounders.

On a side note, what happened to Faried’s minutes? Only 23/game?

wrector
            Participant
            Fair enough, but I would still argue Monroe’s numbers are more impressive as he plays next to two aggressive rebounders.

On a side note, what happened to Faried’s minutes? Only 23/game?

machu46
          Participant

Based on TRB% and Rebounds Per 36, Faried is better than both.

wrector
        Participant

You could argue he’s better rebounder than Millsap, but definitely not Monroe.

baggin13
      Participant

Its a good point, but i would assume it is for his ability to rebound. Not to diss on the other two, but he is a better rebounder then both.

wrector
    Participant

I’m not entirely sure how players are selected for the pool, but how does Kenneth Faried make it in over players like Paul Millsap or Greg Monroe?

redeyejedi
    Participant

So who is the starting five? and second unit? 
    My team

Starters
    1 CP3, of course
    2 Westbrook, (if back to himself), for picking up the opponent full court, general havoc on defense
    3 Anthony, go stand on the three point line (where is he automatic in international play), and  post mismatches
    4 Lebron, point forward, guards best player on the floor, passes out of low post
    5 Love,  rebounding and shooting.

second unit
    1 Curry, passing and shooting
    2 Durant, scoring, mismatches, scoring, rebounding, scoring
    3 George, defends best player, 3rd playmaker on the floor
    4 Griffin, over LMA because off the athleticism. Don’t need any more scoring in this unit, just needs to play hard.
    5 Anthony Davis, future monster. He is the bad guys in Space Jam. A Monstar. 

Utility players:
    extra big man: Howard, better overall center then Cousins (defensive defencencies) and Drummond
    extra gaurd: Klay Thompson, for flat-out shooting

if Westbrook is like Rose, and a shadow of himself, bump Durant into the starting line-up, Thompson into the 2nd unit, and add Damian Lillard/Kyrie Irving as a 3rd pg.

Harden’s lack of commitment on defense gets him the boot here, as does Lee’s inability to defend. Cousin’s scoring isn’t necessary, and Howard is a year or two ahead of Drummond right now. Aldrige is an oddman out, having a great year, but his skillset doesn’t fit anywhere with this team, just don’t need a classic PF. Deron Williams may get grandfathered in over a younger PG, but doesn’t deserve it; age/injuries may be getting the best of him right now.

redeyejedi
    Participant

So who is the starting five? and second unit? 
    My team

Starters
    1 CP3, of course
    2 Westbrook, (if back to himself), for picking up the opponent full court, general havoc on defense
    3 Anthony, go stand on the three point line (where is he automatic in international play), and  post mismatches
    4 Lebron, point forward, guards best player on the floor, passes out of low post
    5 Love,  rebounding and shooting.

second unit
    1 Curry, passing and shooting
    2 Durant, scoring, mismatches, scoring, rebounding, scoring
    3 George, defends best player, 3rd playmaker on the floor
    4 Griffin, over LMA because off the athleticism. Don’t need any more scoring in this unit, just needs to play hard.
    5 Anthony Davis, future monster. He is the bad guys in Space Jam. A Monstar. 

Utility players:
    extra big man: Howard, better overall center then Cousins (defensive defencencies) and Drummond
    extra gaurd: Klay Thompson, for flat-out shooting

if Westbrook is like Rose, and a shadow of himself, bump Durant into the starting line-up, Thompson into the 2nd unit, and add Damian Lillard/Kyrie Irving as a 3rd pg.

Harden’s lack of commitment on defense gets him the boot here, as does Lee’s inability to defend. Cousin’s scoring isn’t necessary, and Howard is a year or two ahead of Drummond right now. Aldrige is an oddman out, having a great year, but his skillset doesn’t fit anywhere with this team, just don’t need a classic PF. Deron Williams may get grandfathered in over a younger PG, but doesn’t deserve it; age/injuries may be getting the best of him right now.

redeyejedi
    Participant

double post

redeyejedi
    Participant

double post

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login