Updating the recent draft bust list for the 2018 offseason

Snatalini247
Snatalini247's picture
Updating the recent draft bust list for the 2018 offseason

So who do we have in the league now that looks done or can most likely be officially be labeled as a bust unless theres some kind of huge resurgence?

I'm throwing in my hat for Jahlil Okafor.

I still think the dude can drop 20 a night but he doesn't do much else can't even really rebound for someone as big as he is. I don't get how theres no place in the league for a post bucket getter like that but his one dimensional-ness makes sense. Seems like the Nets are going with Jarrett Allen as the future and I doubt hell get anything more than a one year prove it deal this offseason. So hes probably done.

Who else we got?

Evan_Milberg
Evan_Milberg's picture
I think we can safely add

I think we can safely add Mario Hezonja and Stanley Johnson to the list. No more excuses for them.

celtics1982
Really?

Stanley Johnson just went to the wrong team with the wrong coach. I'd give him another year and he's already become a good defender. He's a slasher that doesn't get many chances to do that. Casey should really help him. You need to be careful calling players a bust who just played there age 21st season. The Jimmy Butlers of the worlds were still in College at that age.

HobbyOG
HobbyOG's picture
I think Mario will bounce

I think Mario will bounce back if he goes to the right team. He's UFA goes to a good organzation he'll be a decent player in 2-3 years.

The Goat
Hezonja played well when

Hezonja played well when given minutes last season. He looks to be what he was projected to be, a tall wing with good passing, a jumper and good in the open floor. Looks like he was not developed properly at the Magic and he'll take more time, but hes far from done. Im less enthusiastic about Johnson which may be somewhat of a surprise to most but i dont think his Marion-esque jumper or his mental lapses are really things that will change.

TaylorCondrin
TaylorCondrin's picture
Hezonja and Johnson are

Hezonja and Johnson are starting to figure it out. I don't think they'll live up to the hype at which they were drafted, but they'll be servicable starters

Dazzling Dunks ...
It’s too early to label him a

It’s too early to label him a bust, but dragan bender is on the clock right now. He needs to showcase an ability to put his skill set to use to actually make an impact on the court this year.

I haven’t completely given up on him yet, but Emanuel mudiay is clearly toeing that bust line as well.

HobbyOG
HobbyOG's picture
Mudiay a bust..he couldn't

Mudiay a bust..he couldn't throw the ball in the ocean. Bad basketball IQ for a PG.

RSS: Syndicate content