Upcoming 2014 Free Agency

JJO3675
JJO3675's picture
Upcoming 2014 Free Agency

2014 Free Agency is shaping up to be a huge event this summer. Carmelo will tinker with the idea of leaving the Knicks, a member of the Big 3 in Miami could move on, and all time greats such as Duncan & Nowitzki have options as well.

My question is, which free agents would seriously consider a switch to another team, and what would the best fit be? The ones I personally have my eye on are:

Greg Monroe (Restricted) - Should he be paired with a stretch 4-5?
Kyle Lowry (Unrestricted) - Will he stay in Toronto?
Luol Deng (Unrestricted) - Will he move on to a title contender?
Eric Bledsoe (Restricted) – God I hope he'd entertain Orlando..
Gordon Hayward (Restricted) - Reunite with Brad Stevens in Boston?
Isaiah Thomas (Restricted - Will Kings give him starters $$?
Trevor Ariza (Unrestricted) - Was this season just 'contract year' motivation?
Lance Stephenson (Unrestricted) - Do GM's consider him a 1st or 2nd option?

Windy City Assassin
The only person on the list

The only person on the list that would not command the most is Ariza. So with that being said it wouldn't be anything for a team who is looking for a rotational 3-man on a contender to scoop him.

drice4life1753
drice4life1753's picture
-Monroe: I think he could be

-Monroe: I think he could be bought away by a contender who really believes they are just a big man away, and they offer him a huge contract. Also if this happens Detroit does have to deal with all the money spent on Josh Smith and have to figure out what they want to do with Drummond after his team-option this year (Leaving).

-Lowry: He looks like he is PG of the future (Staying).

-Deng: I see Luol moving on to another team, or at least just getting the hell out of Cleveland ASAP (Leaving).

-Bledsoe: He is staying in Phoenix. They are going to match any offer (Staying).

-Gordon Hayward: I do not have a clue what the Utah Jazz are up too. I think he will probably get some real good offers in free agency, but the Jazz seriously need to keep him so I think he will be staying Utah (Staying).

-Thomas: He is staying...at least that's the most recent news the team claims. He is a really good and young point guard who may be a bit erratic at times, but it can also be beneficial for his team. His biggest problem is he is 5'9"and that scares the hell out of teams (Staying).

-Ariza: I honestly think it depends on how well the Wizards do in the playoffs and if Ariza has any more 30 pt. nights. aha...but seriously if he does, he could just chase the money again and get another big contract for playing hot at the right time (Leaving).

-Stephenson: I feel like everyone can say they would be shocked if he is back in Indiana...but I would also bet Lance is going to a big city team in free agency (Leaving).

Windy City Assassin
Looking forward to seeing

Looking forward to seeing this thread resurface after the Draft, so when can have a little more insight on potential landing spots.

Windy City Assassin
Man of my word! Bumping this.

Man of my word! Bumping this.

festar35
I am just going to have a

I am just going to have a random guess at the teams.

Monroe - Dallas Mavericks, would be a very nice compliment to Dirk and can be a future piece at the same time.
Kyle Lowry - Toronto Raptors, they keep building on what they have if they sure up there bench and PF spot.
Luol Deng - Dallas Mavericks, Cuban is not afraid of spending money and they have cap room.
Eric Bledsoe - Phoenix Suns, see what they can really do.
Gordon Hayward - Boston Celtics, I like the pairing with Stevens again.
Isaiah Thomas - Charlotte Bobcats, he would be an ideal scoring 6th man for the Bobcats they need more scoring.
Trevor Ariza - Washington Wizards, I don't think they want to let him go he fits perfectly in their roster.
Lance Stephenson - Denver Nuggets, another reunion of player coach as he joins Shaw. The Nuggets have a back-court similar to that of the Suns.

Hitster
Hitster's picture
Greg Monroe or Josh Smith has

Greg Monroe or Josh Smith has to be moved IMO as they are both starting PFs so they cannot really be on the same team.

Utah will probably match any reasonable offer for Hayward but they can also renew Kanter so a lot could depend on what sort of offers Hayward gets.

Deng will surely get offers from contenders maybe in $12 million a year range, Dallas would be a good choice as Marion isn't getting any younger. Again I think that counter offers for Deng will only come in when teams know what the franchise level FAs are doing if they opt out.

Stephenson I had down at $8 to $10 million a year given what Jennings, Ellis etc got last year. It may have dropped slightly due to recent issues about his attitude springing up again. I'd see Stephenson as a 2nd or more like 3rd option on a very good team.

RSS: Syndicate content