Unique Mclean...Class of 2016...Bounciest Freshman in HS?

paradigmn
paradigmn's picture
Unique Mclean...Class of 2016...Bounciest Freshman in HS?

Some of you are probably familiar with Unique Mclean's game, but for those of you that aren't, he might have the most hops in the Class of 2016. Obviously dunking isn't everything, but his game seems to be slowly rounding into form as well. The 6-foot-1 New York native currently has 3 scholarship offers and is being recruited by a number of schools in the Big East. The highlight video is from his recent MVP performance at the 2012 BBN Holiday Tournament.

http://prospect-central.blogspot.com/2013/01/unique-mclean-bounciest-fre...

* Hope everyone had a safe and happy new year and may all your jumper's hit nothing but the bottom of the net in 2013!!!

paradigmn
paradigmn's picture
New Developments.....

Has nothing to do with Unique Mclean....just didn't want to make a new post.

The Australian Ben Simmons is coming to the States in June. He'll play for Montverde Academy in Florida with Dakari Johnson & Kasey Hill. Should be interesting to see how he plays against U.S. competition on a regular basis. He's probably one of the top players in the Class of 2015 imo.

Here's NBA Draft.Net's player profile.

http://www.nbadraft.net/players/ben-simmons

Chrispy
Chrispy's picture
Aren't Kasey and Dakari

Aren't Kasey and Dakari both c/o 2013? Simmons will be coming as they graduate. Correct me if I'm wrong. I was underwhelmed by Simmons at Addidas Nations this year. He was just... meh. Dante Exum shut it down, though.

paradigmn
paradigmn's picture
my bad

I meant he'll be playing at the same school as Dakari & Kasey.

As far as how you feel about Simmons game, I respect your opinion, but that's just what it is, an opinion....just like my opinion is he's definitely one of the better players in his class...but you know what they say about opinions....there're like azzholes....everyone has 1...and they all stink :)

Chrispy
Chrispy's picture
No Doubt

Simmons is DEFINITELY skilled for his age and has huge potential. I was simply saying that he underwhelmed at that tournament. He has a really smooth stroke and is a far better athlete than one would think from looking at his body. Mine tend to be stinkier!

Oh, and thanks for the Unique McLean video. He wasn't on my radar. Interesting player. Notice how he finishes both his dunks and floaters with both hands and off both feet? VERY rare for a player that age...

Malcolmx
Malcolmx's picture
I am from New York and I'm

I am from New York and I'm from the Bronx section of the NYC where uniques team scan AAU squad practices. First off let me start by saying he will probably go very far in his career because Scan is not an AAU squad who goes for all the hoopla.They make kids really work hard off the court as far as community service and actually having jobs when the aau season ends in July. Basketball is second for all their kids.Unique is as good a person as he is a hooper. He is well known for his hops.He has been dunking since about 12 years old. His arms are super long.I think like a 6'6 or 6'7 wingspan on a 6'1 frame. He is only 15 right now.His game is pretty solid as we speak, I would say he would be a top 30 to 40 prospect when his senior year comes. I like him alot

Dale Worthington
Dale Worthington's picture
His name is Unique...

His name is Unique...

RSS: Syndicate content