This topic contains 34 replies, has 12 voices, and was last updated by AvatarAvatar llperez 13 years, 4 months ago.

• Author
    Tongue-Out-Like-23
    Participant

GSP vs Koscheck

They met up 3 years ago in UFC 74 where GSP won by decision, that started a 7 fight win streak for GSP.

Who you guys got?  I’m saying GSP, dude is an ANIMAL.

On another note.. These are 2 "what ifs"

Mayweather vs Pacquiao

George St. Pierre vs Anderson Silva at catchweight 175-178

Who you guys got?

Tha_Prince
    Participant

GSP – It will go to decision again, victor going to gsp

I’m pumped to see Sean McCorkle & Stefan Struve fight too, Definitely an NBA sized fight haha

Tha_Prince
    Participant

GSP – It will go to decision again, victor going to gsp

I’m pumped to see Sean McCorkle & Stefan Struve fight too, Definitely an NBA sized fight haha

llperez

I got GSP tonight, but this should be a very close fight . Many pro fighters are actually picking koschek. If there is one welterweight out there that has a chance to neutrlize GSP’s wrestling its Kos. ANd if kos could keep it standing, he hits a lot harder then gsp although not as technical.

dont really watch boxing

GSP vs Silva. Tough one. The two best fighters in mma. Silva is a weak wrestler and you wont find a better wrestler then gsp. But silva has a reach advantage and is a better striker. If he can keep a distance, he could pick gsp apart. Honestly a toss up fight.

llperez

I got GSP tonight, but this should be a very close fight . Many pro fighters are actually picking koschek. If there is one welterweight out there that has a chance to neutrlize GSP’s wrestling its Kos. ANd if kos could keep it standing, he hits a lot harder then gsp although not as technical.

dont really watch boxing

GSP vs Silva. Tough one. The two best fighters in mma. Silva is a weak wrestler and you wont find a better wrestler then gsp. But silva has a reach advantage and is a better striker. If he can keep a distance, he could pick gsp apart. Honestly a toss up fight.

ilike.panochas
    Participant

If they are fighting in 175lbs, I think GSP has the advantage. Silva would have to fight GSP at 185lbs to have a chance to beat him, it has proven that Silva has a tough time against wrestlers and fighters who have a good ground game. And I think GSP can carry the weight easier at 185lbs than Silva at 175lbs, so I think if the fight ever happens, its going to have to be at the 185lbs.

ilike.panochas
    Participant

If they are fighting in 175lbs, I think GSP has the advantage. Silva would have to fight GSP at 185lbs to have a chance to beat him, it has proven that Silva has a tough time against wrestlers and fighters who have a good ground game. And I think GSP can carry the weight easier at 185lbs than Silva at 175lbs, so I think if the fight ever happens, its going to have to be at the 185lbs.

llperez

my guess is the fight would probably happen at 180 pounds if/when it does occur. I really hope if gsp gets by kos tonight and then silva gets by belfort they make that matchup next. It would be the ufc’s chance to laugh at boxing since boxing cant make the dreammatchup everyone wants while the ufc could.

llperez

my guess is the fight would probably happen at 180 pounds if/when it does occur. I really hope if gsp gets by kos tonight and then silva gets by belfort they make that matchup next. It would be the ufc’s chance to laugh at boxing since boxing cant make the dreammatchup everyone wants while the ufc could.

gone
    Participant

Mayweather’s defense is remarkable many say he cant take a punch but you cant hit him thats why we dont know lol

gone
    Participant

Mayweather’s defense is remarkable many say he cant take a punch but you cant hit him thats why we dont know lol

llperez

kos better be careful talking. GSP so humble he still shakes his hand.

llperez

kos better be careful talking. GSP so humble he still shakes his hand.

ThaMatrix
    Participant

GSP

ThaMatrix
    Participant

GSP

T-Wolvesfan13
    Participant

I think GSP is going to win tonight. Kos just keeps talking and he keeps pissing GSP off. I think GSP is going to take he out in the 4th round.

As far as the boxing match idk. I don’t ever watch boxing i find it very boring. So i can’t pick either because i have never seen either of those guys fight.

As far as GSP vs Silva? I think they would fight at 180 to make it fare. But i think GSP is a much harder worker and he would out train Silva.

T-Wolvesfan13
    Participant

I think GSP is going to win tonight. Kos just keeps talking and he keeps pissing GSP off. I think GSP is going to take he out in the 4th round.

As far as the boxing match idk. I don’t ever watch boxing i find it very boring. So i can’t pick either because i have never seen either of those guys fight.

As far as GSP vs Silva? I think they would fight at 180 to make it fare. But i think GSP is a much harder worker and he would out train Silva.

JJeff6
    Participant

GSPs got it

JJeff6
    Participant

GSPs got it

esperanzafleet69
    Participant

who cares… dana white is gonna have the fight fixed like usual anyways..

esperanzafleet69
    Participant

who cares… dana white is gonna have the fight fixed like usual anyways..

llperez

esperanzafleet is getting coal in his stocking for christmas

Anyways, amazing performance by GSP. He was in control for the entire 25 minutes and looked he could go another 5 rounds if need be. Like I said, best p4p fighter in mma.

llperez

esperanzafleet is getting coal in his stocking for christmas

Anyways, amazing performance by GSP. He was in control for the entire 25 minutes and looked he could go another 5 rounds if need be. Like I said, best p4p fighter in mma.

Tongue-Out-Like-23
    Participant

Dude closed Koscheck’s eye with light jabs in the first round!

Tongue-Out-Like-23
    Participant

Dude closed Koscheck’s eye with light jabs in the first round!

llperez

KOschek could do absolutlely nothing. He went for takedowsn and they were stuffed. He threw hay makers and gsp was long gone. He came forward and he got punched in the eye before he knew what to do. Maybe the best performance in gsp’s career to date. ANd the funny thing is, koschek will probably dominate everyone he fights for the next couple years not named GSP. Thats the thing with gsp. He makes the ELITE fighters in the world look like they have no business in there with him.

llperez

KOschek could do absolutlely nothing. He went for takedowsn and they were stuffed. He threw hay makers and gsp was long gone. He came forward and he got punched in the eye before he knew what to do. Maybe the best performance in gsp’s career to date. ANd the funny thing is, koschek will probably dominate everyone he fights for the next couple years not named GSP. Thats the thing with gsp. He makes the ELITE fighters in the world look like they have no business in there with him.

Toronto16
    Participant

Man, Koscheck gave birth to something in his eye.  Those jabs by GSP were too quick and too killer.  GSP is most definitely the most classiest fighter in UFC.

Toronto16
    Participant

Man, Koscheck gave birth to something in his eye.  Those jabs by GSP were too quick and too killer.  GSP is most definitely the most classiest fighter in UFC.

NYCrealdeal
    Participant

domination by Rush

NYCrealdeal
    Participant

domination by Rush

Steroid
    Participant

Silva would never go below 185. If he did, he would have to take a major conditioning hit to do that. He walks around 220 without cutting weight. Also, GSP is clearly maxed out physically at 170. I’m sure he could move up, but he would be a small guy at 185. He would actually get a chance to test his striking against technical strikers though becasue the WW divison doesn’t have many of them, but the wrestling advantage that he has at WW wouldn’t be such an advantage against bigger fighters. Along with Koscheck proving he makes a good punching bag, he also proved that it isn’t impossible to stuff GSP’s takedowns and take him down. This happened from a small 170lb fighter in Koscheck, so it’s not impossible to think that it wouldn’t happen at 185 against bigger guys.

As for a Silva vs GSP superfight, GSP would be handicapped in this fight because of the weight class. Silva’s length and size along with his striking would pose problems for GSP. GSP would have to get Silva down AND finish him to win because I don’t think he would be able to control and lay on Silva for a decision like he is in the WW division, and GSP is too smart of a fighter to stand with Silva.

Steroid
    Participant

Silva would never go below 185. If he did, he would have to take a major conditioning hit to do that. He walks around 220 without cutting weight. Also, GSP is clearly maxed out physically at 170. I’m sure he could move up, but he would be a small guy at 185. He would actually get a chance to test his striking against technical strikers though becasue the WW divison doesn’t have many of them, but the wrestling advantage that he has at WW wouldn’t be such an advantage against bigger fighters. Along with Koscheck proving he makes a good punching bag, he also proved that it isn’t impossible to stuff GSP’s takedowns and take him down. This happened from a small 170lb fighter in Koscheck, so it’s not impossible to think that it wouldn’t happen at 185 against bigger guys.

As for a Silva vs GSP superfight, GSP would be handicapped in this fight because of the weight class. Silva’s length and size along with his striking would pose problems for GSP. GSP would have to get Silva down AND finish him to win because I don’t think he would be able to control and lay on Silva for a decision like he is in the WW division, and GSP is too smart of a fighter to stand with Silva.

llperez

kos is bigger then gsp and one of the best wrestlers in the sport. He did prove its possible to stuff gsps takedowns, but you have to be an elite wrestler to do so. ALso kos rarely took risks standing thus not leaving himself vlunerable for shots.

I do agree gsp might struggle at 185. But one thing that would give him a chance versus silva would be gsps speed. Silva has not faced someone as fast on his feet as gsp and gsp wont be standing there getting clowned on the feet at all.

llperez

kos is bigger then gsp and one of the best wrestlers in the sport. He did prove its possible to stuff gsps takedowns, but you have to be an elite wrestler to do so. ALso kos rarely took risks standing thus not leaving himself vlunerable for shots.

I do agree gsp might struggle at 185. But one thing that would give him a chance versus silva would be gsps speed. Silva has not faced someone as fast on his feet as gsp and gsp wont be standing there getting clowned on the feet at all.

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login