Tristan Thompson in 2011?

NashyMing
NashyMing's picture
Tristan Thompson in 2011?

http://www.statesman.com/blogs/content/shared-gen/blogs/austin/longhorns...

"Tristan Thompson, who was a relentless offensive rebounder and shot-blocker for the Longhorns last season, will not return to Texas for his sophomore season and instead will make himself eligible for the NBA Draft, a source close to his family said. The source said he spoke to Thompson on Wednesday. An NBA scout familiar with Thompson’s situation also said the player would leave school. The NBA allows college until Sunday to submit their names for the draft. The NCAA permits players to remove their names from the draft by May 8 and still retain college eligibility providing they have not signed with an agent."

Tristan Thompson made the right choice to come out for this weak draft. I guess it's a good news for teams with a late lottery pick. At least he's talent with good potential.

BKKnicksfan
BKKnicksfan's picture
Looks like Draftnet was

Looks like Draftnet was correct. Much respect to Aran for knowing this weeks before many did.

B Free
Finally, I hope he is there

Finally, I hope he is there when the Pacers pick at 15.

RUDEBOY_
RUDEBOY_'s picture
Thompson reminds me alot of

Thompson reminds me alot of Ed Davis..I think he should be a top 10 pick....I'll take him before i take that Bismack kid....

The UnderKanter
^^Isn't the Pacers more stronger need at SG?

@Robertfreeman, Do the Pacers really need a PF? They already have Tyler Hansbrough who is doing great, especially in the Bulls series. He already has a good backup in Josh McRoberts. Is a PF really necessary? That Troy Murphy really freed up a lot of playing time for Hansbrough and McRoberts. Smart trade in that respect.

Wouldn't it be smarter to go for a SG like Jordan Hamilton since Pacers best SG is Brandon Rush and he has been horrible. (Paul George is more of a 3)

OhCanada-
OhCanada-'s picture
Never doubt nbadraft.net. I

Never doubt nbadraft.net. I was hoping the allagations made by the site were not true so I just didnt say anything... Oh well.

Rudeboy I would take him before the Bimack kid anyday.

B Free
They play Granger and Paul at

They play Granger and Paul at the same time, plus Hamilton wouldn't fit with thier new defensive minded style. I like the way they are going. While Hanbrough is playing great and showcasing his skills I feel like he is more of a 6th men, 3rd bigman, energy type. Hibbert is big and can body up but he is really more of an offensive type with a soft touch and a decent midrange jumper. Thompson would add that defensive toughness they are missing in the post with his rebounding and weakside defense.

The UnderKanter
^^What about the Morris twins

I don't think Thompson would be available. I think he's a lottery pick. So maybe Markieff or his twin brother Marcus would be a better option.

The UnderKanter
Again this is the topic to another thread

I already alluded to Tristan Thompson declaring when most thought he was staying in another thread. But thanks for the old news, NashyMing.

BKKnicksfan
BKKnicksfan's picture
Dude, he didn't see it. Relax

Dude, he didn't see it. Relax Wardb12, it's not that serious.

B Free
@wardb12 When did you post

@wardb12 When did you post the topic? Everyone knows if it isn't in the box underneath the mock draft no ones going to go look for it. Also Marcus doesn't fit the profile of a lost post presence or post defender.

The UnderKanter
here's the link to the thread

here's the link to the thread I made:

http://www.nbadraft.net/forum/truth-about-whether-or-not-tristan-thompson-and-jordan-hamilton-have-declared-nba-draft

Well I guess Markieff is the better pick for the Pacers if Tristan Thompson isn't around at 15.

butidonthavemoney
butidonthavemoney's picture
This

This isn't old news, and you didn't report this earlier. You posted a few links to "sources" that used this site's previous report as their source.

Thank you, NashyMing. Nice to finally see confirmation on what Aran has been saying for weeks now. Almost everybody (you know who you are) was saying that Draft.net made a mistake or were just pretending to have real sources. Well you can all suck it.

B Free
I remember that yea the one

I remember that yea the one where all the sources led right back to nbadraft.net

M-DYMES
M-DYMES's picture
Nbadraft.net We know people

Nbadraft.net We know people who know people who know Jesus

RSS: Syndicate content