Trey Burke is 6'1.5

Future_Scout
Trey Burke is 6'1.5

im guessing with shoes.
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/BAC0TAtCAAAx_gd.jpg:large
Thank JoeyGladstone for the pic.
If he measures 6'1.5 he's a top 10 pick.

alinge
alinge's picture
I may be blind but he looks

I may be blind but he looks 6'1 exactly in that photo and I have just looked at it from various angles.

mess.eee
mess.eee's picture
Height matters more for big

Height matters more for big men prospect, as oppose to PGs. Whether he's 5'11 or 6'1, I still view him as the same prospect. Right now I have him as a top 15 prospect and if he measures at 6'1, he's still a top 15, nothing changes.

For_Never_Ever
For_Never_Ever's picture
I would disagree. No pg

I would disagree. No pg coming into the draft wants to be in the dredded under 6ft tall category.

Siggy
What if it's a 5'11 PG with a

What if it's a 5'11 PG with a 6'6 wingspan?

For_Never_Ever
For_Never_Ever's picture
Hmmm, Are you talking about

Hmmm, Are you talking about Allen Iverson or Chris Paul ? Because there are always some exception as well. However usually a PG under 6ft tall is a big deal not in a good way.

Siggy
I'm just saying that height

I'm just saying that height doesn't matter if the player has the length to make up for it. A player is as big as his radius.
If the player is 5'11 but has a 6'6 wingspan, his height doesn't matter. He doesn't contest shots or shoot the ball with his head.

For_Never_Ever
For_Never_Ever's picture
If he has the bulk and length

If he has the bulk or length to make up for it that is an exception. A pg being under 6ft and having a wingspan 6'6 or longer is a very rare case. I looked up the CP3 and AI both guys have a wingspan under 6'4.

Siggy
AI's wingspan was longer than

AI's wingspan was longer than 6'4. His wingspan enabled him to defend some legit sized SGs. You could see how long he was in the amount of ground he could cover with his crosses.

FWIW, Burke's wingspan is 6'5 and he's already 190 lbs.

For_Never_Ever
For_Never_Ever's picture
I assumed AI was longer by

I assumed AI was longer by game commentators saying it is 6'6, but the number I'm getting online everywhere is 6'3. I'll wait until the combine for Burks wingspan, but it doesn't look 6'5 to me.

Siggy
No way AI's wingspan was just

No way AI's wingspan was just 6'3. You can even use the eye test with the amount of ground he covered on a crossover or even when he's just standing, relaxed with his hands to his side. look where his hands extend. If the player's fingertips extend to or below their mid-thigh you can count on them having good length.
Trey has good length for his height. The 6'5 number looks legit.

FastAndFurious
FastAndFurious's picture
Trey Burke is not going top

Trey Burke is not going top 10, I think he will be more in the 16-22 range.

Future_Scout
WHY?

WHY?

Future_Scout
Answer: "Athleticism and he

Answer: "Athleticism and he struggled against Oladipo and Craft on ISOs"
Big woop. Honestly, that's BS.
He did his thing in all the games... not to mention those two are top wing defenders in cbb.
Athleticism, he's not a freak athlete but think a player with Kyrie Irving-like athletic ability.
His speed, quickness, shiftiness, change of direction are all good. And his handles are elite.
He's lacking some explosion and vert but he'll be fine.
He's every bit of athlete at the PG position that Otto Porter is at the SF.
P.S. Im not saying he is the athlete Kyrie is. (had to say this because i see it coming)

For_Never_Ever
For_Never_Ever's picture
If he is 5'11 bare foot then

If he is 5'11 bare foot then he'll end up being at least 6ft in shoes. It would be a big deal if he ended being under 6ft in shoes.

FastAndFurious
FastAndFurious's picture
Olynyk

The difference between Otto Porter and Trey Burke is that Porter isn't undersized for his position, Burke is.

I just dont see Burke getting in the top 10....he's not going to go over.....McLemore,Smart,Noel,Zeller,Oladipo,Bennett,Porter,Lynn,MCW,Muhammad.

Burke doesn't have that elite athleticism to make up for his lack of height, no way he can go top 10.

Hale
Hale's picture
I'd much rather have Burke

I'd much rather have Burke then MCW. MCW is ridiculously overrated as a prospect.

machu46
Burke is a great player, but

Burke is a great player, but he's also playing in one of the best offensive systems in the country with one of the best supporting casts in the country.

He and MCW are in opposite situations.

MCW is in the absolute worst situation for himself; a team with no big men to catch his dump off passes and no shooters to kick it out to. And yet he's still putting up good numbers, especially since the Notre Dame game where it seemed like things finally started to click for him.

In the 7 games since then, he's averaging:
12.4 points
4.3 rebounds
6 assists
2.4 turnovers
2.9 steals
while shooting 46% from the field, 33% from 3, and 85% from the free throw line.

For a guy that's going through his first season of playing experience at the D1 level, and is doing it in an environment where basically everything is working against him, he's doing a fantastic job.

Obviously he still has his flaws (makes one or two passes each game where he leaves his feet and gets caught in the air, his shot is still very inconsistent though it's getting better, has a high dribble although it appears that he's getting much better with that as well). At the end of the day, it's really about what you want with your PG. Burke is easily the better scorer and better shooter, but MCW is better at breaking his man down, has a long first step, is the better passer, defender, and rebounder.

It's easy to put up assist numbers when you're playing with 4 or 5 above-average shooters along with guys that can catch the ball under the basket and dunk it. It's not as easy when you're playing for a team with 2 good shooters (one of which is too slow with his release to get jumpshots off most of the time) and zero guys that can catch the ball under the basket.

Future_Scout
dude, 6'1.5 with a 6'5

dude, 6'1.5 with a 6'5 wingspan is not that bad
Bennett is a 6'7 PF.
Muhammad is a 6'6 SF/PF
Len is not a better player than Trey Burke and will never be, is that simple.
Zeller has a mini-wingpspan which really limits his potential.
Noel has weight issues himself.
I already explained you Trey's athleticism. He's no slouch.

alinge
alinge's picture
If you think Len has less

If you think Len has less potential than Burke I would severely argue with you, Len's stats are very good and he is a legit big man who can do a bit of everything, 7"2 big men are rarer than 6"1 point guards

machu46
Not sure why this post got

Not sure why this post got the thumbs down. I think it goes without saying that Len has more potential than Burke. It really isn't even close.

FastAndFurious
FastAndFurious's picture
Y2G

Me 2, but it's just how the NBA operates, MCW more than likely will go over Burke, unless Burke wins the national championship or something, Burke wont go top 10.

FastAndFurious
FastAndFurious's picture
Olynyk

I understand what you are saying, but the NBA doesn't care about that now, I thought Kemba Walker should have went higher than 8 as he destroyed college his JR year, but GM's chose Jan Vesely, Jonas Valanciunas, Biyombo, Kanter, Williams all over him and Kemba's numbers in the NBA are all better than there's.

Why did GM's choose all them over Kemba? Because Kemba is a little guard and little guards usually don't pan out in the NBA, it's always safer to go with a big, and the same thing will happen to Burke. But the difference between Burke and Kemba is Kemba had that extra gear, Burke doesn't.

Future_Scout
Except Kemba went top

Except Kemba went top 10.
Except Kemba is often regarded as a 6'0 pg/sg while Trey Burke could very well be the best passer in CBB.
Except Kemba shot 42.8FG% - .33 3FG% while Trey is one of the most efficient PGs in the country at 49.4FG% - 40 3FG%.

Except Kemba did it as a Jr. while Trey Burke is a sophomore, give him 1 more year in college and he would DESTROY the competition.

FastAndFurious
FastAndFurious's picture
I know Kemba went top 10, I

I know Kemba went top 10, I said I thought he should have been higher than #8, read my first few lines.

That's fine, but we don't know how Burke's lack of athleticism will hold up in the L, we just have to wait and see, Kemba was going to be ok, because he had that extra gear and could handle the ball very well and was a proven scorer.

In Kemba's defense he had to shoot alot of tough shots at UCONN that last year he was there

I have nothing against Burke, i'm just not super high on him as a top 10 pick.

And I hope you don't think Burke is better than Walker lol Kemba won a NCAA title and Big East title damn near by himself.

Future_Scout
Trey Burke is better than

Trey Burke is better than Kemba.
Trey Burke has to take a lot of tough shots at Mich., he just makes them.
Trey Burke is leading Michigan nearly by himself. (Hardaway and GR3 play off of Burke, and not because they are being forced to)

alinge
alinge's picture
The Michigan team this year

The Michigan team this year is better than Connecticut in 2010-2011, that team Kemba dragged to a championship was not good, as proved by how bad they struggled last year when they all returned without him.

FastAndFurious
FastAndFurious's picture
Olynyk

LOL, Burke must be your cousin or something.

Future_Scout
No. He's been one of my

No. He's been one of my favorite players since early last year. When people doubted him as a prospect, I was comparing him to CP3 (probably the first person online, def. the first one in the site).

FastAndFurious
FastAndFurious's picture
CP3? LOL

CP3?

LOL

Future_Scout
Yeah, pretend you never heard

Yeah, pretend you never heard the comparison.

Beard13
Burke could be 6'2 and i

Burke could be 6'2 and i still would stick by my opinion on him in the pros. Low ceiling high floor type of player

FastAndFurious
FastAndFurious's picture
Olynyk

And I've never paid attention to it, he doesn't remind me of CP3 at all not even a tiny bit, he can run the pick and roll but I've never thought CP3, Burke doesn't have that kind of potential to be the best PG in the NBA my man.

Future_Scout
"Burke doesn't have that kind

"Burke doesn't have that kind of potential to be the best PG in the NBA my man."
Their games are alike, I'm not saying he is CP3 or will be on CP3's level but they play similiar. There have been articles written about it. Threads started about it.
Why does he not remind you of CP3, not even a tiny bit? can you please develop, stop it with the vague accusations....

FastAndFurious
FastAndFurious's picture
Lol what about when Kalin

Lol what about when Kalin Lucas was compared to CP3?

Just because someone says it doesn't mean it's true, Lucas never showed me flashes of CP3 either.

Didn't people out in Winston Salem compare Jeff Teague to CP3 as well? And Jeff is nowhere near the type of PG CP3 is.

Burke does nothing that reminds me of CP3, besides being undersized thats about it.

Beard13
Anybody who remembers cp3 at

Anybody who remembers cp3 at wake forest remembers how damn good he could break down the defenses. It was one of his best traits coming out

FastAndFurious
FastAndFurious's picture
The reason why Burke doesn't

The reason why Burke doesn't remind me of CP3 is because of this:

He doesn't change speeds as well

He cant slice the defense up as well

His ballhandling isn't as tight or even close to CP3's

And Trey Burke's one on one breakdown game is almost nonexistent....he has a really hard time breaking down defenders without a pick and roll.

I hope you watched Burke tonight against Penn State, he's starting to turn the ball over more and more and more.....

Future_Scout
Your under rating Burke in

Your under rating Burke in each one of those categories.
Specially saying Burke 'one on one breakdown is almost nonexistent'. SMH.
I don't need to watch the Penn State game to make my mind about him.

FastAndFurious
FastAndFurious's picture
Not at all, just speaking the

Not at all, just speaking the truth.

Future_Scout
What YOU think is the

What YOU think is the truth.
I didn't want this thread to turn into another CP3/ Trey Burke argument.
Why is shabazz a better prospect?
edit: don't even argue back, i give up, you win.... Trey Burke will be average

ItsVictorOladipo
ItsVictorOladipo's picture
Meh, Olynyk don't worry about

Meh, Olynyk don't worry about it. In your opinion Burke is a top prospect. I feel the same way you do (not about the CP3-Burke comparison but about Burke's potential) and also see him as a top 10 pick. It's all just opinion before the draft anyway. I said Smart was a top 5 pick last summer and got negged like crazy for it. I said Oladipo was top 5 pick a few months ago and got negged for that too. Things change when they get closer to the draft.

Yandyhere2
Burke is DJ Augustin all over

Burke is DJ Augustin all over again. Great in college, average in the L

Chilbert arenas
Chilbert arenas's picture
Wait. did Olynyk list Bazz as

Wait. did Olynyk list Bazz as a SF/PF? Who thinks he's ever going to play PF at any level?

Future_Scout
He's not gonna play PF at the

He's not gonna play PF at the next level because of height. If he was 6'8 he would be listed as a SF/PF imo, because he operates like one.
There was a poster who compared him to a more athletic Deshawn Thomas, and i agree 100%

Hale
Hale's picture
You should've just said it

You should've just said it was a typo. He's a SG/SF and just because he has a semblance of a post game doesn't make him a PF.

Future_Scout
No, he operates like a combo

No, he operates like a combo forward so he gets that label.
I use to say Bazz projects as a SG, but there is nothing that says SG about bazz other than shooting.
Bazz is an Athletic Deshaun Thomas (who is listed SF/PF)

Hale
Hale's picture
That ruins the comparison

That ruins the comparison because if Deshaun Thomas was athletic he would be a SF, not a tweener. I honestly can't believe you're trying to argue this. He doesn't play like a PF in the slightest.

Future_Scout
I NEVER SAID PF. I SAID

I NEVER SAID PF.
I SAID SF/PF... he operates like a combo-forward.

Hale
Hale's picture
But he doesn't...

But he doesn't...

Future_Scout
OK

OK

Future_Scout
. LOOK AT DESHAUN THOMAS 30

LOOK AT DESHAUN THOMAS 30 POINTS
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ETg6qGgDdjE

RSS: Syndicate content