Top 7 scenario (w/ trades)
With the draft so close and rumors flying everywhere, my head is spinning with possible scenarios. It seems like Houston will get the 5th pick (whether it includes Tyreke or is packaged to Orlando is inisignificant for this post), and the Kings can get a solid SF and another piece with a couple of Houston's picks. I am trying to figure out a scenario where Harrison Barnes falls to #7 just in case the Bulls decide to swing the Deng deal. Here's what I came up with:
(This is not necessarily what I think will go down on Thursday, just having some fun)
1. NO - Anthony Davis (DUH!)
2. CLE - Brad Beal (Cleveland trades 4 and 24 to Charlotte to move get Beal ahead of Washington)
3. WSH - Michael Kidd-Gilchrest (settles for BPA, and I don't think they'd be too upset)
4. CHA - Thomas Robinson (I don't personally like T-Rob, but scouts seem to. Could be an undersized, but tough defensive frontcourt)
5. HOU - Andre Drummond (maybe this gets sent to Orlando, maybe they keep him)
6. POR - Damien Lillard (this seems to be almost concensus at the point)
7. GSW - Harrison Barnes (possibly traded to Chicago for Deng. If not, I'm sure the Warriors would be happy with Barnes)
I rate this a Grade A Top 7
i could see portland selecting whoever drops between mkg or barnes and then trading them for lillard and a kicker. i think that they are both hotter commodities than lillard and GSW or toronto would definitely make the trade.
looks good, but do you think Portland passes on Barnes if he is there at 6? If I'm a Blazers fan, I would love a Batum/Barnes combo for the next 10 years!
Apparently Lillard just killed his workout with the Blazers and they really like him. His workout was being compared to that of Kevin Durant's, in that he just didn't miss. I think it looks like a safe bet he is their pick.
I had this exact top 7, but I think the Wizards would go with Thomas Robinson and MKG could be the one to fall to 7. It's tough to tell if the Cavs will take MKG or Barnes though if they are both available.
I have a hard time seeing either the Bobcats, Wiz, or Cavs passing on Barnes. If Lillard is top 6, I think the odd man out is Drummond.
Drummond is reportedly going #5 via trade