Now that we have had the draft and majority of player movement (Howard) who are your favorite 5 players coming into this season? Feel free to include what rookie/sophomore you will be keeping a close eye on as well.
1. Paul George
2. Dirk Nowitzki
3. John Wall
4. OJ Mayo
5. Roy Hibbert/Gerald Green
Rookie: Jeremy Lamb
Sophomore: Klay Thompson
Eric Gordon had been my favorite player since his rookie year, but the way he handled the Suns/Hornets situation I can honestly say I am not impressed anymore.
Keeping a close eye on Jae Crowder in Dallas and Jimmy Butler in Chicago if they can get some bench minutes. Also really want to see if Henson and Harris can translate SL success into production the league.
Top 5 Players coming into this season that I am keeping my eye on:
1. Paul George
2. Adam Morrison (if he signs)
3. Royce White (SOOO excited to see him play in the league)
4. Kevin Love
5. OJ Mayo
1. Roy Hibbert
2. James Harden
3. Paul George
4. Stephen Curry
5. Brandon Jennings
Rookie: Austin Rivers
Sophomore: Tristan Thompson
In the vein of festar35's closing comment, I would have put Dwayne Wade and Derrick Rose on here last year, but after seeing the way they whined and overreacted to a few losses to my Pacers, my respect of them has kind of diminished.
rookie: lamb, terrence ross
soph: klay TOMMY GUN (i invented it, for "thompson" machine gun). sickest nickname
1. OJ Mayo
2. Brandon Jennings
3. Demarcus Cousins
4. John Wall
5. Carmelo Anthony
rookie- Austin Rivers & Anthony Davis on my home state Hornets, but that's kind of biased so Harrison Barnes, I want to see if he can reach that high school number 1 player potential.
sophomore- Iman Shumpert after the injury.
Look at all the Pacer fans coming outta the wood work, I love it!!!
Im surprised with all the Austin Rivers fans. I guess more people will root for him now he's not playing at Duke.
1. Steve Nash
4. Kevin Durant
Rookie? Can't wait to see how good Davis is.
Soph? Irving of course
2. LaMarcus Aldridge
3. Russell Westbrook
4. Nicolas Batum
5. Jerryd Bayless
HM: Javale McGee - he just makes me laugh lol
My Favourite 3 rookies and sophomores
Rookies: Jonas Valanciunas, Harrison Barnes and Quincy Miller
Sophomores: Kyrie Irving, Brandon Knight and Tristan Thompson
I spit Hotfire.
1. Rajon Rondo
2. Kevin Durant
3. Demarcus Cousins
4. Kevin Garnett
5. Dejuan Blair
1. Paul Pierce- First man I ever saw with a basketball in his hands on the TV, and have watched almost every game of his since. Talented, but doesn't rely on athletisism like a lot of players, and has been one of the more clutch players in this sport. I was so happy when he finally started getting the respect he deserved in 07.
2. Kevin Durant- How can you not like this guy? There are obvious flaws in his game, but he just plays basketball the way it should be played. One of the few players who can end a game having you think he didn't do enough, but then you look at the box score and realize he lit it up.
3. Rajon Rondo- The most unique player I've ever seen play the game. He can be a bit selfish at times, but he is so fun to watch. Rondo is also one of the rare players who can elevate their game to a whole other level when needed, and that's rare to find, even more so in a point guard who can't shoot the ball.
4. Russell Westbrook- Has his flaws, but damn is he good! I still laugh when I think about how people said the comparisons to Rose were a joke. Westbrook is the most explosive player in the NBA, and has to be one of the hardest workers out there. I say this because every year we say he can't do something, and every year he comes out and proves us wrong. Can't make the transition to PG? All NBA Second Team is sophmore year. Can't be a team player? 8.2 ast a game. Can't shoot? .330% from three, and possesses arguably one of the deadliest midrange games in the NBA now.
5. Dirk Nowitzki- His skill is second to none in the NBA, and for a 7 footer that is impressive. Year after year I watched as he could never quite make it, and then two years ago he said enough is enough, and did something not many of us have seen and almost single handedly won a championship. You have to have heart, skill, and determination to accomplish that.
Rookie- Austin Rivers- Time to put up or shut up. He's going to have the green light from day one just the way he wants it, so I'm excited to see if he can thrive in the NBA.
Soph.- Derrick Williams- Is he even going to be on the Timberwolves? The talent is there, and if he can stay on the floor and get some minutes then we might get to see what he is really capable of.
1. J.R Smith
2. Stephen Jackson
5. Ricky Rubio
Rookie: Tony Wroten Jr
Sophomore: Kyrie Irving
forgot to put rookie and soph
soph: brandon knight
rookie- Drummond and Royce Whie
Soph- Jordan Hamilton- Although he aint getting playing time behind Chandler and Gallinari,
Ricky Rubio- i would like to see how he would bounce back from his injury
1. Adam Morrison - Silky smooth Stroke, shown in the Summer league
2. Kevin Love - Another stellar year in Rebounding?
3. Tim duncan - want to see how pop would play him, getting limited but quality minutes
4. Jason Kidd - some sweet passes to carmelo
5. Michael Beasley - been a fan when he got drafted, has a ton of potential, and with the change of weather, well, its hot in arizona not like in minesota, because of the cold weather beasley resort in weed to keep him warm, LOL
1. Eric Gordon - Rob Pelinka, Gordon and Dell Demps all could've handled the situation regarding his free-agency better. With that said, it's now water under the bridge. I've been a big supporter since he was in 5th grade. He's probably the hardest worker I know, plus a real life humble person and not just in front of the cameras. Gives back to the community whether he's in Indianapolis, Los Angeles, New Orleans or his home country of the Bahamas. One of the best young and explosive scorers in the league who's rounding out the rest of his game.
2. Gordon Hayward - I've been a big fan ever since the summer before his senior year of high school. I caught him during an AAU game and he just left me really impressed. He's a well rounded player who plays the game the right way and does things much better than you think.
3. Derrick Rose - I've been a big fan ever since I saw him play AAU with Mean Streets. He's a superstar talent with killer instinct who also keeps a humble mentality.
* I don't have a favorite player on the Pacers, but I just support the entire team. Roy Hibbert, Danny Granger, David West, Paul George, George Hill... All of them.
As far as rookies and sophomores. I'll be paying close attention to Damian Lillard. Klay Thompson has my attention for the sophomores.
1. Derrick Favors
2. Tim Duncan
3. Kyrie Irving
4. Deron Williams
5. Blake Griffin
Rookie: Damian Lillard
Soph: Alec Burks(other than Irving)
1. Monta - Favorite player
2. Barnes - Really excited to see him in the pros
3. Paul George - Was a big fan of him coming out
4. LeBron - Always liked him
5. Rubio - He's just too much fun
Side note: I wish Baron could play, I'd have put him 2nd
1.Greg Monroe - I wanna see how big of a jump he's gonna make this season and how he gonna carry his team on his back this season.
2.Demarcus Cousins- I waiting to see if he's gonna make that jump into the elite.
3. JaVale McGee- i wanna see if he's gonna pick up where he left off in the playoffs this season
4. Derrick Rose- See hows he gonna bounce back from that devastating injury.
5. Steve Nash - How much does he have left in the tank? will this be the 04' Lakers pt.2 again (Payton, bryant, malone, o'neal) with too many old players? or will nash finally get a ring?
Sophmores- Ricky Rubio -- how will he come back after that injury and did he improve his jumpshot (that s*it was broke) Luke Ridnour-type or Steve Nash-pt.2 ?
Rookies- Andre Drummond- Will he turn out to be Dwight Howard-type? Amare Stoudemire-type? Serge Ibaka-type or be a bust like Kwame Brown?
way drummond's gonna be a bust if this happens ill loose a $500 bet and with monroe taking him under his wing well chances are if monroe excells so will drummond
1. B-Roy - I love this guy. so smooth and great person. will he ever be what he was?
2. Melo - I miss the days when melo was a stud in Denver. playing well in the olympics so maybe hell have a good season this year.
3. OJ- will he become a star in Dallas?
4. Rubio - so fun to watch. i really hope he gets healthy because he brings so much to the NBA!
5. Andrew Bogut - healthy and a new start in GState. in my opinion he would have made a few allstar games as a east center backup if he was healthy.
Rookie - Austin Rivers - always been a fan!
sophmore - derrick williams - Bust or just needs more time?
1. Timmy Duncan
2. Nicky Young
3. Johnnie Wall
4. Nicky Batum
5. Chris "+EV" Singleton
1. Kevin Durant
2. Harrison Barnes
3. James Harden / Russell Westbrook
4. Paul George / Derrick Favors
5. John Wall / MKG
Rookie: Harrison Barnes
Sophomore: Ricky Rubio
rookie- andre drummond
sophomore-kyrie "uncle drew' irving & kenneth faried
4. Paul George
5. Derrick Favors
Rookie: Terrence Ross
Sophomore: Jonas Valančiūnas and my guy Jimmy Butler
Sophmore: Brooks :)
1. Kevin Love
2. Ricky Rubio
3. Kevin Durant
Rookie: Draymond Green
Sophmore: Since Rubio was already mentioned, I will go with Klay Thompson
1. Stephen Curry
2. Gordon Hayward
3. Kyrie Irving
4. Steve Nash
5. Ben Gordon
Sophomores: Jimmer Fredette, Tristan Thompson, Shelvin Mack, Chandler Parsons
Rookies: Dion Waiters, Royce White, also curious how Perry Jones III will fare in Oklahoma City.
Rookie Lillard, Davis, PJIII
Sophomores: Rubio, Klay Thompson
2. Carmello Anthony
5. Russel Westbrook
Honor Role- Lebron James, Russell Westbrook, James Harden, Andre Iguadola, Micheal Beasley, Eric Gordon
Hall Of Famers 90's through 00's
Sg-Kobe Bryant/Penny Hardaway
Pf-Tim Duncan/Rasheed Wallace/Dirk Nowitski
Honor role-Gary Payton, Shawn Kemp, Larry Johnson, Vince Carter, Tracy McGrady, Marcus Camby, Grant Hill, Tim Hardaway, Glen Robinson, Ray Allen, Glen Rice, The Baron/Th Franchise/ "Starbury", Keith Van Horn, Shareef Abdul Raheem, Jamal Mashburn, Derrick Colemen, Tim Thomas, Eddie Griffin
Pg-Jrue Holiday/Kyrie Irving/Brandon Knight/Brandon Jennings
Sg-Evan Turner/Alec Burks/Demar Derezon/Terrence Ross
Sf-Paul George/Derrick Williams/Gordon Hayward/Micheal Kidd Gilchrist/Maurice Harkless
PF-Anthony Davis/Derrick Favor/Greg Monroe/Arnett Moultrie/Perry Jones III
C-Demarcus Cousins/Andre Drummond?Jonas Valencunas/Enes Kanter/Meyers Leonard