This topic contains 66 replies, has 16 voices, and was last updated by AvatarAvatar iguapops420 13 years, 1 month ago.

• Author
    OhCanada-
    Participant

I was looking in the Draft Archives of this sit, trying to compare this draft to another and I couldnt. I noticed something that has been very evident yet noone is talking about…there is no clear cut number one prospect, noone is even really running away with the hype. Sulli and Williams having been getting some hype, but this year it seems more had gone to winning teams, and guys like Walker, Fredette etc. Even on this years mock draft Williams has a rating of 98 Overall, as does Kanter, and P. Jones, and Irving has 97 along with Sullinger and Motiejunas (lets not talk much about Motie as a #1 pick thou). Even players like Terrence Jones, Harrison Barnes, and Alec Burks look capable of cracking that Top 5 draft picks list.

So I have a couple questions.

1-Whats your big board look like right now? Top 5 Draft Picks and why…

2-What would one of these players have to do to seperate themselves from the pack and make themselves a clear cut 1st overall cant miss prospect.

3-Who do you see having the best chance of becoming the cant miss prospect.

omphalos
    Participant

I think a lot of it will come down to team need; Irving would probably be the clear-cut choice if he hadn’t been injured, but still seems to be the front-runner in my opinion. If he can come back for the post-season and impress then he’s the number 1 pick, otherwise… team need is a factor this year.

It also really depends which team wins the lottery; so many teams have different needs. Should be one of the more interesting drafts to date though.

My top 5 probably looks like this;

1. Cleveland; Kyrie Irving – could learn under Baron Davis, would be a sure-fire floor-leader for the future, and would be a nice pairing with a top pick next year (which is light on PGs at the top of the class).

2. Minnesota; Honestly have no idea who I’d take if I were the T’Wolves, probably Jared Sullinger; gives Rambis a bit more leverage to bench Love and prepares for the eventuality that Love leaves in free agency sooner or later when the coaches get sick of his bad D.

3. Washington; Derrick Williams; Wizards could use a high energy, high character guy to pair with Wall, McGee and Young. Blatche likely won’t last too much longer with the Wizards as they get fed up with his inconsistency so this pick is pretty logical to me.

4. Sacramento; Perry Jones – Can play the 4 next to Cousins or the 3 next to Cousins and Dalembert/Whiteside in the future. With so much firepower on this team in Evans and Cousins having a guy who disappears on occasion might not be a bad thing for the Kings.

5. Toronto; Enes Kanter – Bruising big man to pair next to the soft Bargnani who could slide to the 4 where he belongs. Being an international means he’ll have no qualms about playing his career in Canada and would give the Raptors a great foundation with DeRozan, Bargnani and Kanter. A PG would be nice, but that could come next draft and a C is more important at this stage while Calderon is having a nice bounce-back year from last year’s awful play.

This is all based very much on team need, so I’ll reserve the right to change my mind when the lottery is drawn. This draft sure is a head-scratcher…

omphalos
    Participant

I think a lot of it will come down to team need; Irving would probably be the clear-cut choice if he hadn’t been injured, but still seems to be the front-runner in my opinion. If he can come back for the post-season and impress then he’s the number 1 pick, otherwise… team need is a factor this year.

It also really depends which team wins the lottery; so many teams have different needs. Should be one of the more interesting drafts to date though.

My top 5 probably looks like this;

1. Cleveland; Kyrie Irving – could learn under Baron Davis, would be a sure-fire floor-leader for the future, and would be a nice pairing with a top pick next year (which is light on PGs at the top of the class).

2. Minnesota; Honestly have no idea who I’d take if I were the T’Wolves, probably Jared Sullinger; gives Rambis a bit more leverage to bench Love and prepares for the eventuality that Love leaves in free agency sooner or later when the coaches get sick of his bad D.

3. Washington; Derrick Williams; Wizards could use a high energy, high character guy to pair with Wall, McGee and Young. Blatche likely won’t last too much longer with the Wizards as they get fed up with his inconsistency so this pick is pretty logical to me.

4. Sacramento; Perry Jones – Can play the 4 next to Cousins or the 3 next to Cousins and Dalembert/Whiteside in the future. With so much firepower on this team in Evans and Cousins having a guy who disappears on occasion might not be a bad thing for the Kings.

5. Toronto; Enes Kanter – Bruising big man to pair next to the soft Bargnani who could slide to the 4 where he belongs. Being an international means he’ll have no qualms about playing his career in Canada and would give the Raptors a great foundation with DeRozan, Bargnani and Kanter. A PG would be nice, but that could come next draft and a C is more important at this stage while Calderon is having a nice bounce-back year from last year’s awful play.

This is all based very much on team need, so I’ll reserve the right to change my mind when the lottery is drawn. This draft sure is a head-scratcher…

lalaila
    Participant

now..?? all season long i had felt in love with Jones’ but in a couple last week it’s a different story..

1.Irving-he needs just to play

2.Sullinger-idk to measure a legit 6’9 and show that he is at least avg athlete would be good

3.P.Jones-a couple 20points in tourney or even good individual workouts could make him #1

4.E.Kanter- just try to show nike hoop summit wasn’t just one game and he can be easily #1

5.T.Jones-he has done amazing job this year, just don’t see him #1 Barnes has much more chances like Perry i think Harrison will rise into top3-5 after workouts..

what is exactly "can’t miss"?? as for now it is Irving or Sully after year or two maybe we will be talking about Perry and Harrison only.

lalaila
    Participant

now..?? all season long i had felt in love with Jones’ but in a couple last week it’s a different story..

1.Irving-he needs just to play

2.Sullinger-idk to measure a legit 6’9 and show that he is at least avg athlete would be good

3.P.Jones-a couple 20points in tourney or even good individual workouts could make him #1

4.E.Kanter- just try to show nike hoop summit wasn’t just one game and he can be easily #1

5.T.Jones-he has done amazing job this year, just don’t see him #1 Barnes has much more chances like Perry i think Harrison will rise into top3-5 after workouts..

what is exactly "can’t miss"?? as for now it is Irving or Sully after year or two maybe we will be talking about Perry and Harrison only.

lalaila
    Participant

oh yeah..and my top 5 was "best available" w/o any team needs. 

lalaila
    Participant

oh yeah..and my top 5 was "best available" w/o any team needs. 

dolla130
    Participant

1, kyrie irving ,could learn from baron davis and i think he will make jj hickson and them guys better players no hes not athletic like a westbrook or rose but hes very quick good speed and vert and i think he is farther along as a pg when they were college players, all star type of pg

2,Perry jones, honestly i cant see him going lower then 2 sully is a good player but in the nba i dont think he will be that good but jones can be a franchise type player a 6’11 forward who can play the 3 and 4 a player who can handle the ball, really decent jumper and we all know about his athletic ability and he has a decent post game ,if he didnt defer to i dont pass dunn we wouldnt even be talking about him goin 3,4 or 5 by far the most talented player in the country

3,enes kanter, if the ncaa would have cleared him to play he could be the 1st pick probably the best center in the nation and he has not even played a game, if he stays healthy he could be a top 3 center in the nba in a few years

4,harrison barnes if decides to leave, hasent really wowed all season but the last couple of games he has been comming on and i think he could be at best joe johnson type really good at almost everything but not great at anything id easily take him over derrick williams because honestly he reminds me of a smaller jj hickson good athlete and player but not top 5 talent

5,jared sullenger, could be a carlos boozer type or worst case sean may, not very athletic isnt solid at 280 will have match up problems with taller nba 4s or athletic nba 4s not that good of a mid range game but his dominance on the college level will give nba gms reason to take a chance on him this high

honorable mention, derrick williams,terrance jones

dolla130
    Participant

1, kyrie irving ,could learn from baron davis and i think he will make jj hickson and them guys better players no hes not athletic like a westbrook or rose but hes very quick good speed and vert and i think he is farther along as a pg when they were college players, all star type of pg

2,Perry jones, honestly i cant see him going lower then 2 sully is a good player but in the nba i dont think he will be that good but jones can be a franchise type player a 6’11 forward who can play the 3 and 4 a player who can handle the ball, really decent jumper and we all know about his athletic ability and he has a decent post game ,if he didnt defer to i dont pass dunn we wouldnt even be talking about him goin 3,4 or 5 by far the most talented player in the country

3,enes kanter, if the ncaa would have cleared him to play he could be the 1st pick probably the best center in the nation and he has not even played a game, if he stays healthy he could be a top 3 center in the nba in a few years

4,harrison barnes if decides to leave, hasent really wowed all season but the last couple of games he has been comming on and i think he could be at best joe johnson type really good at almost everything but not great at anything id easily take him over derrick williams because honestly he reminds me of a smaller jj hickson good athlete and player but not top 5 talent

5,jared sullenger, could be a carlos boozer type or worst case sean may, not very athletic isnt solid at 280 will have match up problems with taller nba 4s or athletic nba 4s not that good of a mid range game but his dominance on the college level will give nba gms reason to take a chance on him this high

honorable mention, derrick williams,terrance jones

OhCanada-
    Participant

I meant like your Top 5 not considering what the draft selections were. Say you were starting an expansion team…Who would your Top 5 be.

OhCanada-
    Participant

I meant like your Top 5 not considering what the draft selections were. Say you were starting an expansion team…Who would your Top 5 be.

dolla130
    Participant

1,enes  kanter – starting a team id always go with a big a good big tho not like darko, dwight howard as an example with him all you  would need is a few shooter and a good pg and you will be a conteder every year

2, perry jones – the reason hes not number one is because of his motor questions but i think he will be the best out of the bunch if he lives up to his talent

3, kyrie irving- good pass first pg really crafty and can score if he was a freak athlete like rose, westbrook or rose id take him 1

4, terrance jones- very skilled with really good upside also can put the ball in the basket and a really good rebounder

5 harrison barnes – very confident player very skilled but not great at anything its a hard choice between him and t.j

dolla130
    Participant

1,enes  kanter – starting a team id always go with a big a good big tho not like darko, dwight howard as an example with him all you  would need is a few shooter and a good pg and you will be a conteder every year

2, perry jones – the reason hes not number one is because of his motor questions but i think he will be the best out of the bunch if he lives up to his talent

3, kyrie irving- good pass first pg really crafty and can score if he was a freak athlete like rose, westbrook or rose id take him 1

4, terrance jones- very skilled with really good upside also can put the ball in the basket and a really good rebounder

5 harrison barnes – very confident player very skilled but not great at anything its a hard choice between him and t.j

SwatLakeCity
    Participant

Irving

Perry Jones

Derrick Williams

Enes Kanter

Jared Sullinger but Barnes is very close

I mostly pick according to biggest team need, especially since no one is a clear cut #1. (I’ve noticed that for awhile I just haven’t said anything.)

Jones in order for him to be the #1 he will need to have an excellent tournament, lead his team to a lot of victories and Baylor would probably need to make it to the final 4.

Irving has just gotta play and then he’ll be the clear cut #1.

Williams, its a lot; I just don’t think this guy cuts it as a #1 pick. Maybe if he was able to defend better and helps the Wildcats make it to the final 4 as well.

Kanter, I don’t really see much of him cuz he’s playing over seas so his position in my top 5 is mostly based on hype and team need. Kanter is actually the closest to going out of my top 5.

Sullinger would need to be a beast in the tourney and lead the Buckeyes to a championship in the tourney.

Barnes would need to lead his team to the final four be just a handful for every opponent, but he has really got to wow me in the tourney since he had such a bad start. (But if New Jersey would crack a top 5 pick, I’ll put Barnes in the top 5.) He would have to lead his team to the championship game and maybe even win. But he’s gotta be a beast just like Sullinger needs to.

SwatLakeCity
    Participant

Irving

Perry Jones

Derrick Williams

Enes Kanter

Jared Sullinger but Barnes is very close

I mostly pick according to biggest team need, especially since no one is a clear cut #1. (I’ve noticed that for awhile I just haven’t said anything.)

Jones in order for him to be the #1 he will need to have an excellent tournament, lead his team to a lot of victories and Baylor would probably need to make it to the final 4.

Irving has just gotta play and then he’ll be the clear cut #1.

Williams, its a lot; I just don’t think this guy cuts it as a #1 pick. Maybe if he was able to defend better and helps the Wildcats make it to the final 4 as well.

Kanter, I don’t really see much of him cuz he’s playing over seas so his position in my top 5 is mostly based on hype and team need. Kanter is actually the closest to going out of my top 5.

Sullinger would need to be a beast in the tourney and lead the Buckeyes to a championship in the tourney.

Barnes would need to lead his team to the final four be just a handful for every opponent, but he has really got to wow me in the tourney since he had such a bad start. (But if New Jersey would crack a top 5 pick, I’ll put Barnes in the top 5.) He would have to lead his team to the championship game and maybe even win. But he’s gotta be a beast just like Sullinger needs to.

Snubs15
    Participant

1. Kyrie Irving – controls the game, is pass first but can score just as easily. good shooter and defender doesnt have any horrible weaknesses.

2. Perry Jones – Soo much upside. super athletic and huge for his position if he plays sf. could be a franchise player in the future

3. Harrison Barnes – Alot of upside, a 6’8 sf who is athletic and already has a nice J. Good sf defender and not really any weaknesses other than ball handling.

4. Jared Sullinger – Good rebounder and can hit open shots which is a huge plus for a pf or c. Great passion for the game and is a proven winner.

5. Derrick Williams – Gets to the line alot and is super efficient. Doesnt force his offense and plays within the teams system. Good teamate and he also has above average athleticism for a pf.

– I have never seen Kanter play which is whyi never had him in here, but if hes as good as advertised i would put him in here somewhere.

Snubs15
    Participant

1. Kyrie Irving – controls the game, is pass first but can score just as easily. good shooter and defender doesnt have any horrible weaknesses.

2. Perry Jones – Soo much upside. super athletic and huge for his position if he plays sf. could be a franchise player in the future

3. Harrison Barnes – Alot of upside, a 6’8 sf who is athletic and already has a nice J. Good sf defender and not really any weaknesses other than ball handling.

4. Jared Sullinger – Good rebounder and can hit open shots which is a huge plus for a pf or c. Great passion for the game and is a proven winner.

5. Derrick Williams – Gets to the line alot and is super efficient. Doesnt force his offense and plays within the teams system. Good teamate and he also has above average athleticism for a pf.

– I have never seen Kanter play which is whyi never had him in here, but if hes as good as advertised i would put him in here somewhere.

ItsVictorOladipo
    Participant

Where do you guys think Jonas Valuncianas would rank if he were to come out this year? I haven’t seen him play but I’ve seen glowing reviews of his game and with his height and age his potential should be sky high.

1. Kyrie Irving

2. Enes Kanter

3. Jared Sullinger

4. Perry Jones

5. Terrence Jones

ItsVictorOladipo
    Participant

Where do you guys think Jonas Valuncianas would rank if he were to come out this year? I haven’t seen him play but I’ve seen glowing reviews of his game and with his height and age his potential should be sky high.

1. Kyrie Irving

2. Enes Kanter

3. Jared Sullinger

4. Perry Jones

5. Terrence Jones

JimmeredYaWabafet
    Participant

how bout he replaces Stromile Swift junior on your list ItsDwightHoward

JimmeredYaWabafet
    Participant

how bout he replaces Stromile Swift junior on your list ItsDwightHoward

OhCanada-
    Participant

I would go…

Irving-Most effieceint player on a top team during the beggining of his year. I think just like other elite PG`s we have seen in college Irving would have only got better as he played more games.

Sullinger-Seems lke his upside is a consistant 20-10 guy in the L. Maybe one of those guys like Randolph, or Love who doesnt bring on the defensive end which sort of trns me off him.

Jones- Superfreak athletic abillity and length, he has the most potential in the draft and could could be a guy that instantly puts fans in seats due to his excitement level. Dont question his motor, its definitely above average.
    Kanter
    Barnes

Kanter- Will probally turn out to be the best player in this draft but the fact that he has been sitting out of games all year will hurt his stock. Im sure if he played the whole course he would have been the consensus /1 pick, especially with his size to play C.

Barnes- He is reminding me of OJ Mayo, in the sense that he was overhyped yet still played very well and people slept on him due to the fact that he never reached that hype. He is playing very well especially for a Freshman and seems to be capable of being a good 2nd option on a good team, or 1st option on a bad team.

"Where do you guys think Jonas Valuncianas would rank if he were to come out this year?"

After that I would go…

Derrick Williams
    Terrence Jones
    Jonas Valanciunas

OhCanada-
    Participant

I would go…

Irving-Most effieceint player on a top team during the beggining of his year. I think just like other elite PG`s we have seen in college Irving would have only got better as he played more games.

Sullinger-Seems lke his upside is a consistant 20-10 guy in the L. Maybe one of those guys like Randolph, or Love who doesnt bring on the defensive end which sort of trns me off him.

Jones- Superfreak athletic abillity and length, he has the most potential in the draft and could could be a guy that instantly puts fans in seats due to his excitement level. Dont question his motor, its definitely above average.
    Kanter
    Barnes

Kanter- Will probally turn out to be the best player in this draft but the fact that he has been sitting out of games all year will hurt his stock. Im sure if he played the whole course he would have been the consensus /1 pick, especially with his size to play C.

Barnes- He is reminding me of OJ Mayo, in the sense that he was overhyped yet still played very well and people slept on him due to the fact that he never reached that hype. He is playing very well especially for a Freshman and seems to be capable of being a good 2nd option on a good team, or 1st option on a bad team.

"Where do you guys think Jonas Valuncianas would rank if he were to come out this year?"

After that I would go…

Derrick Williams
    Terrence Jones
    Jonas Valanciunas

OhCanada-
    Participant

"how bout he replaces Stromile Swift junior on your list ItsDwightHoward"

Who would that be?

OhCanada-
    Participant

"how bout he replaces Stromile Swift junior on your list ItsDwightHoward"

Who would that be?

JimmeredYaWabafet
    Participant

James Jones III

JimmeredYaWabafet
    Participant

James Jones III

iguapops420
    Participant

Alright guys, this is with the assumption Irving decides to stay in school and play beside of Rivers next year.

I’m also no sure Harrison leaves either, but for the sake of top 5 we’ll assume he enters. My 5 would be as follows:

Enes Kanter-(Not even Jullinger himself can handle this cat.)

Jared Sullinger-(Only one other guy in this draft can handle Jared, and he’s first listed. IMO, 2 most can’t miss players.)

Harrsion Barnes-(Still has the fire/hustle/athleticism/clutch to be the best out of this draft.Bad shooting was due to transitioning from high school to college. Could ultimately have similar issues going pro.)

Terrence Jones-(Begining of the season I had him at the top, but the longer I watch, I think he and Harrsion have similar upsides, but Barnes just seems to have a more NATURAL position whereas Jones may still be a tweener at this point.)

Perry  Jones-(While I don’t really think of him as the 5th best player in this draft, or even the 5th guy I’d draft,..but the length/athleticism, percieved upside, and already developed skills,.. smart money tells you that guy is top 5. Potential franchise player.)

——————————————————————————————————————

Just missed the cut:

Jonas Valanciunas-(He’s my actual 5th guy with his Size, defensive tenacity, and toughness. Offensive game is still in development.)

Jan Vesely-(Beast. He’s fearless attacking the rim and tries to posterize anything in the way. Won of my favorite players to actually set and watch {When you can}. He’s got good defensive instincts on the perimeter and can hit an open 3 on occasions, though still not fully developed in this area.Rebounding is low for his size and athleticism.)

Derrick Williams-(Very efficient in college, but I’m not sure if that’s not just because he’s a man amungst boys the way Evan Turner did last year. I don’t really see him being bulky enough to bang down low in the NBA. Ultimately he seems much like his profile comparison of David West. Though given he’s a much better athlete than West, he may not have quite the 7’4 wingspan West owns. Thus he falls out of the top 5 because of this.)

iguapops420
    Participant

Alright guys, this is with the assumption Irving decides to stay in school and play beside of Rivers next year.

I’m also no sure Harrison leaves either, but for the sake of top 5 we’ll assume he enters. My 5 would be as follows:

Enes Kanter-(Not even Jullinger himself can handle this cat.)

Jared Sullinger-(Only one other guy in this draft can handle Jared, and he’s first listed. IMO, 2 most can’t miss players.)

Harrsion Barnes-(Still has the fire/hustle/athleticism/clutch to be the best out of this draft.Bad shooting was due to transitioning from high school to college. Could ultimately have similar issues going pro.)

Terrence Jones-(Begining of the season I had him at the top, but the longer I watch, I think he and Harrsion have similar upsides, but Barnes just seems to have a more NATURAL position whereas Jones may still be a tweener at this point.)

Perry  Jones-(While I don’t really think of him as the 5th best player in this draft, or even the 5th guy I’d draft,..but the length/athleticism, percieved upside, and already developed skills,.. smart money tells you that guy is top 5. Potential franchise player.)

——————————————————————————————————————

Just missed the cut:

Jonas Valanciunas-(He’s my actual 5th guy with his Size, defensive tenacity, and toughness. Offensive game is still in development.)

Jan Vesely-(Beast. He’s fearless attacking the rim and tries to posterize anything in the way. Won of my favorite players to actually set and watch {When you can}. He’s got good defensive instincts on the perimeter and can hit an open 3 on occasions, though still not fully developed in this area.Rebounding is low for his size and athleticism.)

Derrick Williams-(Very efficient in college, but I’m not sure if that’s not just because he’s a man amungst boys the way Evan Turner did last year. I don’t really see him being bulky enough to bang down low in the NBA. Ultimately he seems much like his profile comparison of David West. Though given he’s a much better athlete than West, he may not have quite the 7’4 wingspan West owns. Thus he falls out of the top 5 because of this.)

The lake show2

People have been talking about no clear cut number one pick for awhile now

The lake show2

People have been talking about no clear cut number one pick for awhile now

esperanzafleet69
    Participant

if baylor doesnt make the tourney perry jones’ stock will undoubtably fall

esperanzafleet69
    Participant

if baylor doesnt make the tourney perry jones’ stock will undoubtably fall

The lake show2

Why would it drop?..Its not his fault that they aren’t that good. Players are drafted more on there potential and talent than they are for what they did for there team( John scheyers stock didn’t go higher even though they won the whole thing and Paul George’s stock didn’t drop even though he didn’t even make the N.I.T)  Same with Wagner

The lake show2

Why would it drop?..Its not his fault that they aren’t that good. Players are drafted more on there potential and talent than they are for what they did for there team( John scheyers stock didn’t go higher even though they won the whole thing and Paul George’s stock didn’t drop even though he didn’t even make the N.I.T)  Same with Wagner

White Chocolate
    Participant

^ Then please explain Gordon Hayward, he wouldn’t have been in the lottery if it wasn’t for his tournament run. If Butler would have lost in the sweet sixteen or the elite eight he would have been a in the late teens/early twenties in the first round.

White Chocolate
    Participant

^ Then please explain Gordon Hayward, he wouldn’t have been in the lottery if it wasn’t for his tournament run. If Butler would have lost in the sweet sixteen or the elite eight he would have been a in the late teens/early twenties in the first round.

The lake show2

What does tournament run have to do with making the tournament. The Scouts still have Perry Jones as a top 3 pick even though Baylor might not make

The lake show2

What does tournament run have to do with making the tournament. The Scouts still have Perry Jones as a top 3 pick even though Baylor might not make

flyboy
    Participant

It’s difficult to really position a player in a particular slot until we know the lottery positions, especially this with this draft. With that said, in my opinion, Irving is by far the #1 player in this draft and I don’t see him not being selected at least in the top 3 and likely #1, if he shows he’s recovered fully from his toe injury.

flyboy
    Participant

It’s difficult to really position a player in a particular slot until we know the lottery positions, especially this with this draft. With that said, in my opinion, Irving is by far the #1 player in this draft and I don’t see him not being selected at least in the top 3 and likely #1, if he shows he’s recovered fully from his toe injury.

OhCanada-
    Participant

Perrys stock maay not necassarily rise, but others stocks may. As a result of others rising his, and Kanters for that matter may fall.

OhCanada-
    Participant

Perrys stock maay not necassarily rise, but others stocks may. As a result of others rising his, and Kanters for that matter may fall.

OhCanada-
    Participant

I need to start proofreading…

Perry Jones’s stock may not fall as a result of teams losing interest in him, but as a result of others stocks rising. When other stocks rise, his will likely stay the same and they maybe able to leap his position in the draft along with Kanters.

OhCanada-
    Participant

I need to start proofreading…

Perry Jones’s stock may not fall as a result of teams losing interest in him, but as a result of others stocks rising. When other stocks rise, his will likely stay the same and they maybe able to leap his position in the draft along with Kanters.

Mr. 19134
    Participant

This draft is very similar to the 2005 draft.  Remember there were 7 guys are jostling for the number one pick.  And the 8th guy who was drafted was arguably the person who should of went first which was Rudy Gay.  

This draft is going to be so much fun tho.  What teams really need to do is draft based on need and not BPA like an NFL draft.  Because their is no separation of BPA’s all like that.  

Few things are certain to me tho.  After declaring Perry Jones the clear cut first pick in this draft before the season and then loving the fact he was averaging 14 a game shooting over 54% while Barnes was averaging 12 shooting 38% making me look like i was right, Jones III never capitalized on other things that I thought would make him dominant like shot blocking, steals, and rebounds.  He basically only uses his length well when he finishes and I can’t stand players who shy away from contact.  So with that said I would not draft Perry before Terrence unless your team was a true fastbreak teak like the Warriors. 

If Barnes leads UNC to a Final Four he is the first pick IMO.

Derrick Williams is a stud and should not slip out of the top 5.  He may but he is the BEST GAMER out of all the players mentioned at the top.  He has been the only player to consistently use that GAME gene.  That same gene that Barnes is starting to display which might get him picked first, and that Terrence was using early on.  And it’s the same gene Perry is missing right now.  Irving now doubt has that gene but he barely played any conferane games so i lable him N/A.

And Jon Henson is my player that I feel can move ito the top 5.  He has shown the ability to control the paint and anchor a defense and his length and how he uses it is invaulable.

Also Kenneth Faried bleeds that game gene and ahtleticsim.  If he can propel Morehead State to a sweet 16 he could go top 10.  Tyrus Thomas went 4th because of the same type of play.  Only Faried is bigger, stronger, more mature, has actual scoring ability in the post, and can play in the NBA right now.  He is a can’t miss prospect in my eyes. Teams know what they are going to be getting.

Mr. 19134
    Participant

This draft is very similar to the 2005 draft.  Remember there were 7 guys are jostling for the number one pick.  And the 8th guy who was drafted was arguably the person who should of went first which was Rudy Gay.  

This draft is going to be so much fun tho.  What teams really need to do is draft based on need and not BPA like an NFL draft.  Because their is no separation of BPA’s all like that.  

Few things are certain to me tho.  After declaring Perry Jones the clear cut first pick in this draft before the season and then loving the fact he was averaging 14 a game shooting over 54% while Barnes was averaging 12 shooting 38% making me look like i was right, Jones III never capitalized on other things that I thought would make him dominant like shot blocking, steals, and rebounds.  He basically only uses his length well when he finishes and I can’t stand players who shy away from contact.  So with that said I would not draft Perry before Terrence unless your team was a true fastbreak teak like the Warriors. 

If Barnes leads UNC to a Final Four he is the first pick IMO.

Derrick Williams is a stud and should not slip out of the top 5.  He may but he is the BEST GAMER out of all the players mentioned at the top.  He has been the only player to consistently use that GAME gene.  That same gene that Barnes is starting to display which might get him picked first, and that Terrence was using early on.  And it’s the same gene Perry is missing right now.  Irving now doubt has that gene but he barely played any conferane games so i lable him N/A.

And Jon Henson is my player that I feel can move ito the top 5.  He has shown the ability to control the paint and anchor a defense and his length and how he uses it is invaulable.

Also Kenneth Faried bleeds that game gene and ahtleticsim.  If he can propel Morehead State to a sweet 16 he could go top 10.  Tyrus Thomas went 4th because of the same type of play.  Only Faried is bigger, stronger, more mature, has actual scoring ability in the post, and can play in the NBA right now.  He is a can’t miss prospect in my eyes. Teams know what they are going to be getting.

The lake show2

I agree with that ohcanada, thats the only way his stock falls

The lake show2

I agree with that ohcanada, thats the only way his stock falls

omphalos
    Participant

I don’t think Henson has a realistic shot of making the top 5 with a number of better big men/players available. I like him as a lottery pick though. He’s really picked up his game and with a full-time training schedule that comes with making it to the NBA his physique and skills will only get better.

omphalos
    Participant

I don’t think Henson has a realistic shot of making the top 5 with a number of better big men/players available. I like him as a lottery pick though. He’s really picked up his game and with a full-time training schedule that comes with making it to the NBA his physique and skills will only get better.

romeeezybaby
    Participant

IMO I would choose him over Perry Jones.

romeeezybaby
    Participant

IMO I would choose him over Perry Jones.

OhCanada-
    Participant

Thompson is good but lets not get over our heads with that statement. His lack of size, and rebounding issues will be very evident in the NBA ame. His offensive game is also very limited. In the NCAA he can have a huge impact to the game, in the NBA he is just another high energy guy with a large upside potential. What makes him better then Jones to you?

OhCanada-
    Participant

Thompson is good but lets not get over our heads with that statement. His lack of size, and rebounding issues will be very evident in the NBA ame. His offensive game is also very limited. In the NCAA he can have a huge impact to the game, in the NBA he is just another high energy guy with a large upside potential. What makes him better then Jones to you?

romeeezybaby
    Participant

Just how many cerebral post players in the NBA are considered dominant other than Dwight? You cite Tristan has rebounding issues, but the kid is averaging 8 per game, which is actually a better average than Perry Jones’. Rebounding is a stat that can easily translate in the next level — with his athleticism, and energy on the glass he can easily be a solid rebounder in the NBA. He’s also a beast on the offensive glass, and scores a lot of his points on put backs. Sure, he doesn’t have the jumper or the massive upside that Perry Jones has – but I think with his rebounding ability, defensive ability on the weakside, and toughness that should make him in equal if not a slight edge of Perry Jones.

romeeezybaby
    Participant

Just how many cerebral post players in the NBA are considered dominant other than Dwight? You cite Tristan has rebounding issues, but the kid is averaging 8 per game, which is actually a better average than Perry Jones’. Rebounding is a stat that can easily translate in the next level — with his athleticism, and energy on the glass he can easily be a solid rebounder in the NBA. He’s also a beast on the offensive glass, and scores a lot of his points on put backs. Sure, he doesn’t have the jumper or the massive upside that Perry Jones has – but I think with his rebounding ability, defensive ability on the weakside, and toughness that should make him in equal if not a slight edge of Perry Jones.

BothTeamsPlayedHard
    Participant

"Thompson is good but lets not get over our heads with that statement. His lack of size, and rebounding issues will be very evident in the NBA ame."

Put in a film Thompson, Trevor Mbakwe, and Kenneth Faried in a room and the only difference a person will come away with is that Mbakwe would appear the physically strongest of the three. Other than that, they are all the same. There are a number of guys who stick around the league by being bundles of energy who rebound and don’t screw up by trying to be anything more than what they are. They aren’t special prospects, but they can be useful. Perry Jones is different because he is freakishly long. He gets a lot of his offensive rebounds by simply being that big. He gets jut about as many offensive rebounds and just about as many baskets around the hoop as Thompson, but they come easier. The rest of his game might eventually come around, but given that he was sold as an NBA 3 I saw none of it this year.

BothTeamsPlayedHard
    Participant

"Thompson is good but lets not get over our heads with that statement. His lack of size, and rebounding issues will be very evident in the NBA ame."

Put in a film Thompson, Trevor Mbakwe, and Kenneth Faried in a room and the only difference a person will come away with is that Mbakwe would appear the physically strongest of the three. Other than that, they are all the same. There are a number of guys who stick around the league by being bundles of energy who rebound and don’t screw up by trying to be anything more than what they are. They aren’t special prospects, but they can be useful. Perry Jones is different because he is freakishly long. He gets a lot of his offensive rebounds by simply being that big. He gets jut about as many offensive rebounds and just about as many baskets around the hoop as Thompson, but they come easier. The rest of his game might eventually come around, but given that he was sold as an NBA 3 I saw none of it this year.

OhCanada-
    Participant

Size means alot in the NBA…I dont think Thompson is big enough and strong enough to consistantly rebound with the same production as in college. Im not saying he is a bad rebounder, he is obviously above average. Im just saying that he is not going to produce at the same rate in the pros overnight. The only difference like BTPH said between Faried and Thompson imo, is the age factor. Faried has had more time to polish his game.

OhCanada-
    Participant

Size means alot in the NBA…I dont think Thompson is big enough and strong enough to consistantly rebound with the same production as in college. Im not saying he is a bad rebounder, he is obviously above average. Im just saying that he is not going to produce at the same rate in the pros overnight. The only difference like BTPH said between Faried and Thompson imo, is the age factor. Faried has had more time to polish his game.

The lake show2

Thompson has less of a bust factor then Perry but perry has more potential.

The lake show2

Thompson has less of a bust factor then Perry but perry has more potential.

M-DYMES
    Participant

I say trade down…there is one player I love in this draft above all others and he is hardly gettin consideration for top 5. 

JAN VESELY

I am amped for this dude finally comin out.  He’s got a great all around game and if he can add some pounds while maintaining that athleticism, dudes gonna be a problem.  I’ve said it b4 and ill say it again, he is by far the most fluid and best moving 7 footer I’ve ever seen.  Its unreal when you watch how he moves with that size.  He hits the 3 ball, has the body control of a gymnist, and I see a fire in his game which should help propel his career and enable him to improve through that desire. 

Mad love 4 Irving, Sullinger, Kanter, Perry, Dwill and all those fellas, but I’m feelin like Vesely gonna be one bad dude coming out of this draft class.  Its the year of the Euros. 

M-DYMES
    Participant

I say trade down…there is one player I love in this draft above all others and he is hardly gettin consideration for top 5. 

JAN VESELY

I am amped for this dude finally comin out.  He’s got a great all around game and if he can add some pounds while maintaining that athleticism, dudes gonna be a problem.  I’ve said it b4 and ill say it again, he is by far the most fluid and best moving 7 footer I’ve ever seen.  Its unreal when you watch how he moves with that size.  He hits the 3 ball, has the body control of a gymnist, and I see a fire in his game which should help propel his career and enable him to improve through that desire. 

Mad love 4 Irving, Sullinger, Kanter, Perry, Dwill and all those fellas, but I’m feelin like Vesely gonna be one bad dude coming out of this draft class.  Its the year of the Euros. 

iguapops420
    Participant

If I’m Cleveland, I may just take Sullinger first in hopes you get a solid Al Horford type to start the rebuild around. trade Hickson and Jamison’s ending contract for better guard play. 

iguapops420
    Participant

If I’m Cleveland, I may just take Sullinger first in hopes you get a solid Al Horford type to start the rebuild around. trade Hickson and Jamison’s ending contract for better guard play. 

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login