Top 10 Players In The Class of 2011 With NBA Potential

L.Shap
L.Shap's picture
Top 10 Players In The Class of 2011 With NBA Potential

This is what I think. Give me your top 10.

OhCanada-
OhCanada-'s picture
Austin Rivers- I dont buy the

Austin Rivers- I dont buy the whole "combo gaurds cant be successful in our league" bit. I see the obvious scoring talent Rivers possesses, and think if he does in fact learn some floor general skills at Duke he can be amazing. He will play the PG position in the NBA at least at first, and why cant your PG be your first option?

Quincy Miller- Seems more and more of these guys with weight like a feather are joning the league. I must say I am not quite bought on the Kevin Durant comparisons, not because Miller is a bust, nothing like that. Durant is just such an amazing player it is unfair to compare anybody to him like when Barnes was compared to Melo. If he lives up to te hype then great but for now Ill still rnk him at number 2 due to his versatility, great plethera of offensive skills, rebounding talent and passing skills.

Anthony Davis- Another 6'10 190 pound guy (if that), ughh I just dont like it. As an owner/GM I would hate drafting one of these players. I definitely wouldnt unless I knew that player had the personality and drive to gain enough wieght for t not to be as much of a remarkable disadvantage, similar to the way Durant did. Davis plays weak competition, but that does not discredit the fact that he has skills. The article claims the lack of true coaching experience given to him is an advantage yet I disagree. I think it is much better to coach and develop a young player with a better understanding of the game.

Khem Birch-Although Birch is skinny as heck for a frontcourt player let it be noted that he has definitely passed the 200 pound mark unlike our previous 2 skiny freaks lol. Birch really needs to put some wieght on if he intends on having success at the next level. I look at a guy like Khem and feel if he goes the route Blake Griffin went and stays in college for 2 or 3 years he could enter the draft and make a similar impact, not skills wise thou. Also like Blake even though he has superstar potential he still works hard, intends on improving his flaws, and is energitic and hustling in every game. Old school basketball. His defensive game is well noted, but is offensive game obviously needs work. He has a good not great jumphot, (hits open jumpers, slow release although it is a nice form, and finds ways to get open), he has some but very limited post moves which wont work against bigger frontcourt players anyways, and he has a great quickness to him he has yet to tap into. Needs to improve his footwork, size, post moves, and watch a player like Bosh operate (on a good day) to harness his offensive potential.

L.Shap
L.Shap's picture
Weight?

I would think that weight would be the least of my worries as an NBA GM. Have you seen those NBA weight training programs? It hasn't seemed to effect guys like Durant or KG..

OhCanada-
OhCanada-'s picture
Those guys are

Those guys are exceptions...McGee, Randolph, Johnson, Wright, Sanders, Whiteside, Warrick, and many other players are. You see it all the time.

Thats why I insisted I would have to know the player had great commitment, drive, and work ethic to make it all work in the end.

Anton123
Anton123's picture
A bit early to put Whiteside

A bit early to put Whiteside there isn't it? He's a rookie and came out after his freshman season.

L.Shap
L.Shap's picture
McGee too

McGee hasn't even came close to reaching his potential either...

The lake show2
The lake show2's picture
Micheal Gilchrist is number

Micheal Gilchrist is number one in my book. He's the only sure thing imo. Offense,skill,defense, still getting better, and the drive to do whatever it takes to win. His only weakness is his jumper(which isn't bad) and that's something that can get better

L.Shap
L.Shap's picture
Mike

I love Mike. He's actually probably the best high school player I've ever seen live. I just think Quincy, Anthony, and Khem have a great deal of upside, that's why I pegged them higher.

RSS: Syndicate content