Terrance Jones-most versatile in 2011 draft

Steroid
Steroid's picture
Terrance Jones-most versatile in 2011 draft

In my opinion, this guy will be the most versatile coming out in 2011. He could play 1-4, and he can do all of them exceptionally well. He was actually a PG before he outgrew the position in high school and now he plays PF. I think he will play mostly as a SF in college and pros. With Brandon Knight playing point, I doubt we'll get to see Terrance play point forward too much, but I'm sure Calipari will get the most out of him within the system they play. I won't go to say he is the best player in the 2011 class, but he could definitely be one of the best coming out. He reminds me of Lamar Odom.

TaylorCondrin
TaylorCondrin's picture
terrence has a lot of

terrence has a lot of upside...if he has a relatively successful season there's no doubt that he'll make it into the lottery for 2011

the I in win
the I in win's picture
He has a lot of skill,

He has a lot of skill, sometimes he tries to do things when they aren't called for (splitting double team when he could just throw the ball up the court). He has a good team mentallity though which could cancel out brandon knights score first mentallity.

lalaila
lalaila's picture
i don't know 6'11 PF-SG looks

i don't know 6'11 PF-SG looks more interesting and Harrison can do almost everything on the court..but yes Terrence is definitely one of the most versatility players and the thing that he came to UK very lately shows he wants to be 1&done and under coach Cal he will be so interesting to watch..

very early prediction 10-14pick in 2011 IMO.

mess.eee
mess.eee's picture
CJ Leslie is the most

CJ Leslie is the most versatile player in 2011 class. I hate to make this comparison because the guy ended up as a bust, but I see alot of Dermarr Johnson with CJ Leslie, when Dermarr was in college.

Grandmama
Grandmama's picture
Terrance Jones is extremely

Terrance Jones is extremely versatile, but I don't see him playing any minutes as a PF as you mentioned. He definitely has some Lamar Odom in him, but Odom is 2-3 inches taller and is a lot longer. That allows Odom to succeed when he plays PF where as Jones would probably getted banged up at the college level, and definitely in the pros at PF.

He still has a bright future

JNixon
JNixon's picture
CJ Leslie is not that

CJ Leslie is not that versatile, he's a basic combo forward.

Jones will be amongst the versatile players in the 2011 draft class, but I think THE most versatile is Wesley Witherspoon hands down.

shaquille bro neal
shaquille bro neal's picture
?

how can u not call selby versitile hes the best 1 and 2 in the class and is stronger than some fowards

FastAndFurious
FastAndFurious's picture
Selby?

As in Josh Selby?

He is not the most versatile, he is a 1 and 2 thats it

JNixon
JNixon's picture
There is a difference between

There is a difference between being a combo and being versatile.

Combo's are usually either: in between positions because they have strengths and weaknesses that fit the descriptions of the 2 positions they play, or they have physical limits that make them have to play 2 spots instead of 1.

Versatile players can play positions depending on matchups and generally don't have any physical limits.

Josh Selby and CJ Leslie are combo's, Wesley Witherspoon and Terrence Jones are versatile.

the I in win
the I in win's picture
Selby a 2? I'm not sure if

Selby a 2? I'm not sure if he can be effective without the ball.

the lake show
no he cant play 1-4...when

no he cant play 1-4...when will this stop about a guy whos tall and can handle the ball?..just because they can handle it doesnt mean they can play 1-4. he can play sf and pf. he cant play sg or pg. hs versitile but some of ya'll get ot of hand just because a tall player can play some small forward. it takes alot more to playing pg or sg then just being able to handle enough to play sf.

as far as shelby hes a 1,2. just because he can score and looks to score people think hes more of a sg which isnt the case. the man can be a full time pg if need be.

tobias harris is just as versitile as t.jones by the way and much more skilled

shaquille bro neal
selby

i shouldnt have said versitile...hes the most dynamic and has the most takeover ability

shaquille bro neal
selby

i shouldnt have said versitile...hes the most dynamic and has the most takeover ability

the lake show
dont agree with that either..

dont agree with that either.. barnes,shelby,knight,irving,harris,sullinger have all shown the same or better take over ability. whats youre information based off of?..cant be from the games they have played through camps,aau,hs career

midwestbbscout
midwestbbscout's picture
harrison barnes

not the biggest harrison barnes fan I would be lying to myself even if I said he isnt mad versatile....he is the one guy who could legit play 1-4 if he was needed to....and I would say Leslie, Perry Jones, and maybe even Jereme Richmond are all more versatile than Jones.....if Richmond had two more inches he could play 1-5.....

delfam
delfam's picture
not sure why people like

not sure why people like tweeners so much. Since their in-between two positions they usually either to slow to say guard a SF but if they play PF are usually aren't strong enough to defend. They can score on offense but I don't care about that, defense wins games and if you can't defend because your a tweener you shouldn't be starting.

midwestbbscout
midwestbbscout's picture
tweeners

there are good tweeners and bad tweeners....like willie warren is a bad tweener while terrico white is a good tweener....a good tweener can usually guard up a position while a bad tweener really has to guard down a spot....that is what it all boils down to....who u can guard

midwestbbscout
midwestbbscout's picture
tweeners

there are good tweeners and bad tweeners....like willie warren is a bad tweener while terrico white is a good tweener....a good tweener can usually guard up a position while a bad tweener really has to guard down a spot....that is what it all boils down to....who u can guard

OhCanada-
OhCanada-'s picture
Isnt a tweener somebody who

Isnt a tweener somebody who is stuck inbe"tween" positions like Jamison who is too big for SF but to small for PF.Or is a tweener just a simple combo like White or Warren.

midwestbbscout
midwestbbscout's picture
my bad

white was a bad example but warren is a bad tweener.....al farouq is a good tweener

RSS: Syndicate content