This topic contains 11 replies, has 7 voices, and was last updated by AvatarAvatar Endlessknight 6 years, 8 months ago.

• Author
    BallerScript
    Participant

I know it is way too early by most of your opinions but I felt like making this and would love to see how drastically it changes.

2019 Mock Draft

Video also includes college predictions for those who are still uncommited (Such as Barrett to Kentucky and Moses Brown to Maryland)

I’ll just leave the top 10 here but the full first round is in the video

1. R.J Barrett, SG/SF

2. Cam Reddish, SF

3. Zion Williamson, PF/SF

4. Romeo Langford, SG

5. Bol Bol, C

6. Moses Brown, C

7. Shareef O’Neal, PF

8. Lonnie Walker, SG

9. Nazreon Reid, PF/C

10. Simi Shittu, PF

Also includes players like Tre Jones, Immanuel Quickley, Luka Samanic, Brandon McCoy and Brian Bowen.

Thanks!

he_gets_buckets
    Participant

I’m still not sold on Zion being as good as hes hyped. He doesnt have much skill at all, not a good dribbler, little to no handle. Hes a superb athlete and I think thats carrying him against lesser developed players. In college I think hes gonna struggle big time. 

holefillers1
      Participant

Williamson reminds me of a shorter Blake Griffen.  Blake was basically a super athlete that dunked everything.  I ha e no idea what Zion’s game will grow to be or what his defensive prowess is like.

I like Reddish, he has a lot of skills for a wing prospect.  Curious to see how much impact he can make on both ends of the court.   I could see him on Duke or Kentucky…very versatile.

mowesten
    Participant

Not really a fair comparison IMO, Griffin was a good ball handler and passer and was an elite rebounder as a college player and was a pretty good rebounder early in his NBA career.

Griffin was also a workout warrior and his effort and determination helped make him a good rebounder.

I think it remains to be seen what Williamson becomes. To me, he’s bad built and will be injury prone if he isn’t committed to conditioning, his effort level is mediocre and his all around skills leave a lot to be desired.

He certainly has ability and if he works on his game he could be great. But he’s got a long way to go to be an NBA All Star IMO.

BallerScript
      Participant

Is it fair to say he is less Blake Griffin and more Aaron Gordon?

he_gets_buckets
        Participant

I dont think he has the body of either. He is a freak athlete, but he isnt in particularly good shape, not well conditioned. You look at Blake or Gordon in high school they were muscular, but they were also quite trim. Zion has a lot if baby fat. Skill wise he’s about the same as Gordon to me, but I question if his work ethic is as good as what Gordons was

holefillers1
          Participant

I think you just described Miles Bridges. 

mowesten
    Participant

Sounds a lot like Anthony Bennett 

adum
    Participant

I think in 2 years Bol Bol will be the unanimous 1st overall pick.

With proper coaching and if he adds strength (I doubt he’ll add alot of weight), Bol is the most intriguing top prospect in 10 years.

mowesten
      Participant

I’ve been saying something along those lines for a while now. Maybe not the 10 years part, but definitely the guy at the top of my 2019 board.

Endlessknight
      Participant

Agreed. Bol is 7’3″ with a near 8’0″ wingspan (possibly still growing). You add to to that range out to the 3 point line and I just can’t see anyone taking Zion over him.

Hitster
    Participant

I think Bol Bol will definitely go higher than 5th, sure there have been these types of prospects before but his father was a blocking monster so there must be something in the genes. They always say you cannot teach size and even if he isn’t really an offensive threat you could have a lock down rim protector for whoever drafts him.

I agree that RJ is probably the consensus number 1 at the moment, he seems a fair safe prospect, the upside may not be as high as some recent top picks but he could be a solid All Star level performer and appears to be a high character guy which is important too.

I also like Cam Reddish as a prospect, his impressive wingspan immediately jumps out at me,so he could have great defensive possibilites too.

The other guys I haven’t really looked at yet, so I won’t comment on them.

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login