This topic contains 12 replies, has 5 voices, and was last updated by AvatarAvatar Memphis Madness 12 years, 8 months ago.

• Author
    jjonz
    Participant

Here is a list of the 4’s in the L who could add skills to their games this summer.

Tyrus Thomas: He’s young but he has be inconsistent so far in his career, with numerous trips to the DL. I read an article that he was trying to figure it out (How to be more effective in the L.) Is he Stromile Swift or LOdom. As far as Being an effective athletic guy. Needs: To stay healthy

ABlantche: He’s young also has put up great #’s albeit for losing teams. Can play @ an AllStar level if motivated. Needs: An attitude adjustment, JWall could be a great HOF type of player so AB has to get it right this year or Wiz should trade him

Ed Davis: 2nd year PF who should start for the Raps and will contribute. Needs: Add Strength & more offensive moves around the basket.

KHumpries: He had a monster 2nd half last year. Needs: To prove that he was not motivated to buy Kim Kardashin her engagement ring.

TyHansbourgh. He is a motor guy who can really play. I was surprised @ how well he played last year. Needs: More playing time definite role( Is he your starting PF or 6th man off of the Bench?)

Larry Sanders. Great Wing-Span/great work ethic. Needs: More Playing time & Maybe a New Coach.

EUdoh: Needs: to get stronger and develop more post moves

ARandolph. Needs: More playing time & a coach/system that can play to his strengths.

ghrghr
    Participant

Nice post.

I don’t think Humphries has much more in him than what we’ve seen this year, but I couldn’t imagine he would play as well as he did last season, so who knows.

Andray Blatche is a huge waste of talent. I don’t know how to post videos, if someone posts that one when he tries to get a triple double I’ll give you a point.

Ed Davis will be solid again this year, but Toronto needs to trade some of their bigs. When Valanciunas comes over they will have him, Bargnani, Davis and Amir Johnson.

I’ve always been a huge fan of Tyler Hansbrough. He is a hustle player that can also consistently hit the midrange jumper and played pretty well in the playoffs against the Bulls. He can be a good starter and a great player off the bench. And remember that this was kind of his rookie season, as he had that disease that wouldn’t even let him practice.

ghrghr
    Participant

Nice post.

I don’t think Humphries has much more in him than what we’ve seen this year, but I couldn’t imagine he would play as well as he did last season, so who knows.

Andray Blatche is a huge waste of talent. I don’t know how to post videos, if someone posts that one when he tries to get a triple double I’ll give you a point.

Ed Davis will be solid again this year, but Toronto needs to trade some of their bigs. When Valanciunas comes over they will have him, Bargnani, Davis and Amir Johnson.

I’ve always been a huge fan of Tyler Hansbrough. He is a hustle player that can also consistently hit the midrange jumper and played pretty well in the playoffs against the Bulls. He can be a good starter and a great player off the bench. And remember that this was kind of his rookie season, as he had that disease that wouldn’t even let him practice.

ghrghr
    Participant

Nice post.

JoeWolf1

I think consistancy is Tyrus Thomas’ biggest issue.  He doesn’t have a go to move and gets a little jumper happy.  When his jumper his hitting it seems like he’ll go for 20 and 10, but when it’s not he doesn’t have that go to move down low to get him going on offense and more often than not he’ll score like 6 points.  For every 20/10 game he has, it seems like he’ll have a 6/ 5 one right after…He has Amare type athleticism and if he became a more consistant player he’d be really good, but he just hasn’t put it together and he’s not exactly an inexperienced player anymore so I don’t know if he ever will.

JoeWolf1

I think consistancy is Tyrus Thomas’ biggest issue.  He doesn’t have a go to move and gets a little jumper happy.  When his jumper his hitting it seems like he’ll go for 20 and 10, but when it’s not he doesn’t have that go to move down low to get him going on offense and more often than not he’ll score like 6 points.  For every 20/10 game he has, it seems like he’ll have a 6/ 5 one right after…He has Amare type athleticism and if he became a more consistant player he’d be really good, but he just hasn’t put it together and he’s not exactly an inexperienced player anymore so I don’t know if he ever will.

JoeWolf1

Anton123
    Participant

I’ve been hearing that Tyrus Thomas is young, raw and inconsistent for 5 years now and yet I have seen little progress, I have somewhat given up on his enormous potential.

Blatche has to become less concerned with his stat sheet and more concerned with helping his team to win. Adding some D to his game should also help.

If Indiana fails to get a good PF once again Hansbourgh is almost guaranteed the starting spot. I expect a big improvment from him next year.

I also think Blake Griffin should work on his post game and midrange jumper.

Anton123
    Participant

I’ve been hearing that Tyrus Thomas is young, raw and inconsistent for 5 years now and yet I have seen little progress, I have somewhat given up on his enormous potential.

Blatche has to become less concerned with his stat sheet and more concerned with helping his team to win. Adding some D to his game should also help.

If Indiana fails to get a good PF once again Hansbourgh is almost guaranteed the starting spot. I expect a big improvment from him next year.

Anton123
    Participant

Memphis Madness
    Participant

Epke Udoh reminds me of Bo Outlaw.  He needs to just concentrate on defense without fouling, rebounding, and shot blocking.  On offense a nice jump hook would help, but he is not really out there for offense.  If he increases his strength and stamina it would help his game.  He needs to focus on becoming a high energy, rebounding, shot-blocking, defensive 4/5 who can finish around the basket. 

I think the jump hook is a really good weapon that big men need to work on.  Very hard to block and is easy to get off and it is not as complicated as a full sky-hook and doesn’t take as much as talent as a Olajuwon-style turnaround fadeaway jumper. 

Memphis Madness
    Participant

Epke Udoh reminds me of Bo Outlaw.  He needs to just concentrate on defense without fouling, rebounding, and shot blocking.  On offense a nice jump hook would help, but he is not really out there for offense.  If he increases his strength and stamina it would help his game.  He needs to focus on becoming a high energy, rebounding, shot-blocking, defensive 4/5 who can finish around the basket. 

I think the jump hook is a really good weapon that big men need to work on.  Very hard to block and is easy to get off and it is not as complicated as a full sky-hook and doesn’t take as much as talent as a Olajuwon-style turnaround fadeaway jumper. 

Memphis Madness
    Participant

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login