Stoudamire paying The Dream 100K to teach him post moves!!!

paradigmn
paradigmn's picture
Stoudamire paying The Dream 100K to teach him post moves!!!

Seems like every summer an NBA star comes knocking on Hakeem Olajuwon's door begging him to teach them the "Dream Shake"....I always wondered if Hakeem gets some dough for his troubles...I guess now I know....Stoudamire is paying him 50K per week (2 week session) to teach him how to bang in the post....Honestly...seems worth it to me...only since these dudes have so much money to blow. From LeBron last year, Howard 2 summers ago...even Shaq back in the day....The Dream seemed to help all their games out. 100K is nothing to Amare...dude just spent like 1.5 Mil on a wedding ring...SMH...I call dibbs on it when they get divorced.

http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/nba-ball-dont-lie/amar-e-stoudemire-pay-hakeem-olajuwon-100-000-151646393--nba.html

UNCbasketballbum
UNCbasketballbum's picture
Yeah, I saw that also. That

Yeah, I saw that also. That will be the best 100K that Amare will ever spend. The Dream porbably had the best footwork and post moves of any big man in NBA history. Why did Amare wait till he was almost 30 to do this? Could've greatly benefitted by working with Olajuwon about five years ago when he was still elite athletically. He'll need post moves even more now since he's older and less athletic now.

I May Be Krypt
I May Be Krypt's picture
Amare is one beret and

Amare is one beret and baguette away from lookin' like a french dude ^^

Now if only he could offer $200,000 to someone who can tell him how to defend!

paradigmn
paradigmn's picture
just thought of something...

Imagine if The Dream got a hold of Drummond early in his career...for like 3 summers in a row....YIKES!!!!...although...I don't even think Hakeem could fix Andre's foul shooting right now.

Drummond NBA Summer league highlights

geothermal
is the "Dream" coaching any

is the "Dream" coaching any prospects? why dont some team get this dude and offer him a contract? an assistant coach, he could be a good help with kevin Mchale, with all the young forwards that the Rockets have collected

Mikez
Mikez's picture
Whose nose is bigger; Amares

Whose nose is bigger; Amares wife or Tyler Zellers?

SubZero
SubZero's picture
Not cool man, my nose is

Not cool man, my nose is bigger than both of theirs...lol

Lebron's Hairline
Lebron's Hairline's picture
Good, I'm glad he wants to

Good, I'm glad he wants to get better each year, just wondering why he waits until he's 30 to do this

SubZero
SubZero's picture
I honestly don't see how hard

I honestly don't see how hard it is to do some post moves that most guys can't do...it blows my mind how a lot of Centers nowadays can't even do a simple up and under

For_Never_Ever
For_Never_Ever's picture
The hell is he wearing ? He

The hell is he wearing ? He turned into Jack Sparrow all of a sudden.

His defence is the main concern not his offense. The Dream should teach him how to defend better. Everyone knows about the Dream Shake, but his defence was just as nasty. Playing defence is a mentality, I'm not sure he can teach that easily as offense.

kingpohdevil
i thinks he should be

i thinks he should be commited in improving his defense more.just saying.. and his style of fashion sucks.. imo..

ASAP Henry
ASAP Henry's picture
@paradigmn

I was just thinking about Drummond too hahha. That would be the best thing for Andre, just working with Hakeem for 3-5 summers in a row. He would be a beast. Anyways, back to Amare. It's about dam time!! Like previously mentioned, woulda been better if he had decided to work on his post game back when he was still an elite athlete. Hoepfully he learns some things and begins using them during the season. Knicks need a post presence

raybeas
raybeas's picture
Dream was always

my fav player. No one can match his footwork and agility.

Dwight needs a couple more summers with him. Amare has drifted to the perimeter lately. Hopefully this will get him back inside where (whats left of) his athleticism can be of best benefit.

Bynum, Drummond, Lopez, Myers Leonard, both Zellers. Every big can benefit from some coaching from the Dream.

50k per week seems a little steep, though. Good work if you can get it.

3-6 Mafia
basically every big man could

basically every big man could use some time with "the dream".

i do agree with the comments about how amare waited too long, and ""it blows my mind how a lot of Centers nowadays can't even do a simple up and under"".

3-6 Mafia
btw bigs should also watch

btw bigs should also watch michael jordan post game films, even as a SG, it was lethal

cabbycab
cabbycab's picture
Can't he just watch some

Can't he just watch some youtube vids of Hakeem and copy his moves? I mean, if you've been balling all your life, shouldn't be too hard to learn his moves.

3-6 Mafia
dude, he is a proffessional

dude, he is a proffessional ball player, no need to sit by yourself watching youtube videos.

like some1 said, that's pocket change for him

NYK2010
Wtf is Amare wearing he's

Wtf is Amare wearing he's usually well dressed.

Also the scruff looks bad he needs to trim it and just have a goatee.

Learning some post moves will help, of course it would also help if he would improve his defense.

Most of defense is effort, Amare is still athletic enough to get it done.

A long summer, normal training camp and no crazy regular season schedule will help.

LerinErin
Ha ha

I assumed he was going to a costume party.... Also only half joking who is the woman with him.. All of my students think it is his mom.

LerinErin
Never mind

I just googled searched his mom..... Might be one of the ugliest photos ever I found . That photo is this thread is NOT his mom.

r377
r377's picture
I thought he would of spent

I thought he would of spent that money to get Chuck Norris or Mike Tyson to teach him how to punch through a fire extinguisher and not hurt your hand...

akhan786
akhan786's picture
Why don't colleges hire

Why don't colleges hire Olajuwon as their big man coach? It would be a great asset in recruiting much like how Danny Manning boosted Kansas's big men while he was there.

Hale
Hale's picture
Because he'll make more money

Because he'll make more money doing what he's doing now. I also don't think he wants to coach for a team.

mj23mj23bestever
money well spent

when we c athletes wasting money like i crazy its great too c amare spending money too improve his game on the mentions about dream being a coach maybe he doesnt want a full time job and cant blame him hes makin mad money for training guys he could like all the free time he has now and hes already rich beyond beliefs

Professor Rozay
Pair of Knicks

Him and Tyson need to go work on some post moves with the Dream. At the same time I hope Dream tells STAT that playing some defense would be a good thing. We really need him to hlep out on the glass and defend at a high level every night. With STAT doing that along side Tyson that will make them such a better team.

Cavaliers420
Cavaliers420's picture
Colleges couldn't afford him.

Colleges couldn't afford him. Great to see Amare take some initiative though.

Professor Rozay
Money

I'm not sure that Dream is the type of guy that would care about the money. Maybe he is just not interested in coaching full time.

You are right about Amare it is good to see.

Tyreke Johnson
Tyreke Johnson's picture
will be money well spent,

will be money well spent, amare needs more added to his arsenal now that he is getting older and losing a lot of his explosiveness. if he can get 2-3 post moves this summer that he uses consistently and efficiently then he benefited greatly. big men need to understand that post moves are necessary to succeed at your position, especially if you wish to remain dominant for a long period of time, look at guys like Kareem, Hakeem and Duncan, all extremely skilled big men who have become all time greats thanks to their post moves and signature shots ( big thank you to basketball fundamentals) hakeem had the dream shake, kareem with the sky hook and duncan with a loaded arsenal of post moves and that nice 15 footer bank shot he famously coined. amare actually made a smart move

RSS: Syndicate content