This topic contains 16 replies, has 7 voices, and was last updated by AvatarAvatar LazarusMunoz 12 years, 7 months ago.

• Author
    bdiddy5115
    Participant

I’m finding this team incredibly intriguing – both for this year and upcoming years. When was the last time we saw a roster so full of (highly touted) newcomers, and would be so dependent on them at that? Of course you could say UK recently, but this team may actually stick together for a few years…(though their surplus of SFs may cause a transfer or two). It will be fun to watch how they gel, if they do at all. (Also, I knew Harrison’s older brother, so I’m cheering for the dude)

Incoming players:

SG D’Angelo Harrison (FR) 6-3 190

SG/PG Nurideen Lindsey (JC) 6-4 185

SG Phil Greene (FR) 6-2 175

SF Sir’Dominic Pointer (FR) 6-5 215

SF Maurice Harkless (FR) 6-7 195

SF Jakarr Sampson (FR) 6-7 200

SF Amir Garrett (FR) 6-5 180

PF God’s Gift Achiuwa (JC) 6-9 240

PF/C Norvel Pelle (FR) 6-10 210

Returning players (little to no experience):

PG Malik Stith (JR) 5-11 185

SG Jamal White (JR) 6-4 205

?

How do you see this team doing this year?

Who will step up as “the man”?

Any legitimate NBA prospects from this group?

bdiddy5115
    Participant

Damn formatting is going nuts

bdiddy5115
    Participant

Damn formatting is going nuts

orangeshadow83
    Participant

I have never seen this much turnover on one team. I read somewhere that they lost 10 seniors and have 9 incoming freshman, with one of the highest ranked recruiting classes. I expect them to have a steep learning curve and be inconsistent especially in the big east but they are very talented and could be a dangerous team come tournament time.

orangeshadow83
    Participant

I have never seen this much turnover on one team. I read somewhere that they lost 10 seniors and have 9 incoming freshman, with one of the highest ranked recruiting classes. I expect them to have a steep learning curve and be inconsistent especially in the big east but they are very talented and could be a dangerous team come tournament time.

Bill Walton’s Knees
    Participant

St John’s seems to have a lot of wing talent…a bunch of athletes that need to be molded into basketball players.  They don’t have a true point guard who’s willing to distribute the ball and make his teammates better.  Could you imagine this team two seasons from now if Kyle Anderson commits to them?  His all around game is the perfect fit for this St. John’s roster.

Bill Walton’s Knees
    Participant

St John’s seems to have a lot of wing talent…a bunch of athletes that need to be molded into basketball players.  They don’t have a true point guard who’s willing to distribute the ball and make his teammates better.  Could you imagine this team two seasons from now if Kyle Anderson commits to them?  His all around game is the perfect fit for this St. John’s roster.

Bill Walton’s Knees
    Participant

Btw…is there a better name in college basketball then God’s Gift?

Bill Walton’s Knees
    Participant

Btw…is there a better name in college basketball then God’s Gift?

FastAndFurious
    Participant

Nurideen Lindsey could have been a secound round pick this year coming out of JUCO according to ESPN draft tracker

FastAndFurious
    Participant

Nurideen Lindsey could have been a secound round pick this year coming out of JUCO according to ESPN draft tracker

akhan786
    Participant

Just got to say Sir’Dominic Pointer is a freaking awesome name but he also a heck of a player. I saw him at the All American Championships and he absolutely dominated with he freak athleticism.

Along with Amir Garret, these two freshman will be on a lot of highlights on Sportscenter

akhan786
    Participant

Just got to say Sir’Dominic Pointer is a freaking awesome name but he also a heck of a player. I saw him at the All American Championships and he absolutely dominated with he freak athleticism.

Along with Amir Garret, these two freshman will be on a lot of highlights on Sportscenter

JNixon
    Participant

"Btw…is there a better name in college basketball then God’s Gift?"

No way is there a better name than that.

JNixon
    Participant

"Btw…is there a better name in college basketball then God’s Gift?"

No way is there a better name than that.

LazarusMunoz
    Participant

they need Chicken Knowles to commit and they can have some kinda all name team

LazarusMunoz
    Participant

they need Chicken Knowles to commit and they can have some kinda all name team

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login