Spurs 2010 Offseason

inasilentway68
Spurs 2010 Offseason

This is not a prediction, but just my preference of how the San Antonio Spurs should proceed this offseason:

Trade Richard Jefferson and 2010 2nd-round pick (#49) to the Detroit Pistons for Tayshaun Prince and cash. Another option would be to trade Richard Jefferson for Andrei Kirilenko.

Sign Raja Bell to two-year $4.0 million/year contract.

Sign Tiaggo Splitter to deal.

Draft Gordon Hayward if he still available.

Thus, the 2010-2011 Spurs team would look like this:

PG - Tony Parker/George Hill
SG - Raja Bell/Manu Ginobili
SF - Tayshaun Prince/Gordon Hayward or Andrei Kirilenko/Gordon Hayward
PF - Tim Duncan/DeJuan Blair
C - Tiaggo Splitter/Antonio McDyess

Luxury tax is unavoidable if the Spurs' want to keep competing for championship title. Even if this group fails there is still flexibility with Parker's and Prince's/Kirilenko's expiring contracts. Thoughts? Criticisms?

mj23bulls
i feel like it's time for the

i feel like it's time for the spurs to rebuild, duncan will give you another 1 or 2 solid years, but with the west the way it is, the spurs are gonna need more than raja, prince, splitter and gordon hayward to get anywhere far. with that said, george hill is gonna be a stud, and would be a solid piece to build around.

i know TP is still in his prime, but he would be more valuable to the spurs if they decide to dismantle their squad and rebuild.

duncan is 34 and manu is 33, mcdyess is 35, RJ is 30. the window for a championship is closing fast. i'd give them 1 more year, but after that, it's time to tear this team down and rebuild.

Ara Minats
Ara Minats's picture
Very strange how I made the

Very strange how I made the same exact Tayshaun for Jefferson trade in NBA 2k10 when i first started my association mode lol.

The aging of their big men would likely mean that the best course of action would be to draft a player like Orton, Whiteside, or Sanders if available. A nice young center with high ceiling that Timmy or McDyess can take under their wing.

RSS: Syndicate content