This topic contains 30 replies, has 12 voices, and was last updated by AvatarAvatar DrivingDownTheStreetinmy64 8 years, 7 months ago.

• Author
    IndianaBasketball
    Participant

http://www.si.com/nba/top-100-nba-players-2016?page=6&devicetype=default

Here are SI’s top 100 players. What are your thoughts/opinions on it? Who are your snubs?

ZachAttack
    Participant

Well, I think that Gordon Hayward is better than Serge Ibaka, he’s unusually high. Other than that, I think that it’s a good list.

ZachAttack
    Participant

Well, I think that Gordon Hayward is better than Serge Ibaka, he’s unusually high. Other than that, I think that it’s a good list.

RUDEBOY_
    Participant

its a great read..for yrs i’ve enjoyed si’s b ball coverage…

i would like to know what this is based on..if its about what a player brings to a team,i can understand the rankings…….but no way should amir johnson,jj riddick,lou williams be rated ahead of wiggins…or splitter rated ahead of nerlens noel & greek freak…demar derozan should be listed amongst the top 30 not the 61st best player..

RUDEBOY_
    Participant

its a great read..for yrs i’ve enjoyed si’s b ball coverage…

i would like to know what this is based on..if its about what a player brings to a team,i can understand the rankings…….but no way should amir johnson,jj riddick,lou williams be rated ahead of wiggins…or splitter rated ahead of nerlens noel & greek freak…demar derozan should be listed amongst the top 30 not the 61st best player..

Make’Em Say UGH
    Participant

Overall pretty solid list. Though there are some discrepancies: 

1. Giannis should be ranked higher than the last spot at #100.
    2.  MKG is dubbed "The Best Perimeter Defender in the NBA" at spot #85. (hopefully this comes true, but it’s a bit of an oxymoron to be the BEST perimeter defender and rank so low)  
    3.  Kobe should not drop to #54.  
    4.  Rose should not drop to #60.  
    5.  Danny Green is not 50 spots better than Giannis as he is ranked at #50. 
    Make’Em Say UGH
    Participant

Overall pretty solid list. Though there are some discrepancies: 

1. Giannis should be ranked higher than the last spot at #100.
    2.  MKG is dubbed "The Best Perimeter Defender in the NBA" at spot #85. (hopefully this comes true, but it’s a bit of an oxymoron to be the BEST perimeter defender and rank so low)  
    3.  Kobe should not drop to #54.  
    4.  Rose should not drop to #60.  
    5.  Danny Green is not 50 spots better than Giannis as he is ranked at #50. 
    Malik-Universal
    Participant

how is tim duncan ahead of lamarcus aldridge? 

Malik-Universal
    Participant

how is tim duncan ahead of lamarcus aldridge? 

Malik-Universal
    Participant

this list is not good to me

Malik-Universal
    Participant

this list is not good to me

PurpleMonkeyDishwasher
    Participant

I think SI would’ve been more correct if they had just put them in alphabetical order.

PurpleMonkeyDishwasher
    Participant

I think SI would’ve been more correct if they had just put them in alphabetical order.

Toronto16
    Participant

Draymond Green should not be that high. He is a system role player.

Toronto16
    Participant

Draymond Green should not be that high. He is a system role player.

Greek-Baller

Kawhi Leonard is too high, #10 no im sorry,

Greek-Baller

Kawhi Leonard is too high, #10 no im sorry,

B-dizzle97
    Participant

The biggest complaint I have is Russell Westbrook being ranked below Chris Paul. I think last season Russell definitely played better than Chris and I think he is a better overall player than Chris.

B-dizzle97
    Participant

The biggest complaint I have is Russell Westbrook being ranked below Chris Paul. I think last season Russell definitely played better than Chris and I think he is a better overall player than Chris.

MJBrown
    Participant

After not seeing Kobe Bryant in the top 25, I had to scroll back down to 15 and double and triple check. I can’t believe how low he is rated. There is just no way that there are 53 better players in the league. Rose at 60 is laughable too

MJBrown
    Participant

After not seeing Kobe Bryant in the top 25, I had to scroll back down to 15 and double and triple check. I can’t believe how low he is rated. There is just no way that there are 53 better players in the league. Rose at 60 is laughable too

Snatalini247
    Participant

Almost stopped reading this seeing the greek freak and #10, then again seeing Oladipo on the snubs list (which I read first), but as soon as I saw D-Mo and 97 above the greek freak I stopped reading lmao. Im sure the rest is just as poorly made.

Snatalini247
    Participant

Almost stopped reading this seeing the greek freak and #10, then again seeing Oladipo on the snubs list (which I read first), but as soon as I saw D-Mo and 97 above the greek freak I stopped reading lmao. Im sure the rest is just as poorly made.

Stop_basketball_nonsense
    Participant

Yo this list sucks!

Favors& gobert over pau gasol. Lol

Duncan too high

Love keeps getting ranked ahead of guys who are all-stars that actually are solid contributors on both sides of the court.

Korver had 1 of the best seasons shooting the the 3 but he is ranked above way too many people.

I am consistently disgusted by these lists. Every player is never judged by the same criteria. Guys who improve get too high of a boost, ex. Leonard, both greens. Guys get hurt and they drop illogically low:ex, kobe, wes.Kevin durant had the thunder comfortably in the playoff race in the 2013-14 season, the year Russ missed a lot of games, but this year Russ couldn’t win 46 games without Durant or lead the thunder into the playoffs & he still gets ranked tthe 7th best player. Bigs like Marc gasol & Aldridge consistently get underrated & not receive their due respect with these rankings.

Stop_basketball_nonsense
    Participant

Yo this list sucks!

Favors& gobert over pau gasol. Lol

Duncan too high

Love keeps getting ranked ahead of guys who are all-stars that actually are solid contributors on both sides of the court.

Korver had 1 of the best seasons shooting the the 3 but he is ranked above way too many people.

I am consistently disgusted by these lists. Every player is never judged by the same criteria. Guys who improve get too high of a boost, ex. Leonard, both greens. Guys get hurt and they drop illogically low:ex, kobe, wes.Kevin durant had the thunder comfortably in the playoff race in the 2013-14 season, the year Russ missed a lot of games, but this year Russ couldn’t win 46 games without Durant or lead the thunder into the playoffs & he still gets ranked tthe 7th best player. Bigs like Marc gasol & Aldridge consistently get underrated & not receive their due respect with these rankings.

SkalAndJamal
    Participant

WTF Derozan is going to be ranked behind all these suckers because of his shooting %?! that’s literally one more missed shot than being a 45-46% shooter. I’m not a huge fan of him… but come on, theres not 60 players that a gm would want more than him.

Holiday is ranked way too high this aint 2013.

Korver, Green and Middleton being top 50 is blasphemous.

Kevin Love over Kyrie just shows that a baby made this list. Cause idk how you can not comprehend that Kevin is the 3rd banana on that team and he doesnt play a lick of defense, unless of course, you’re a baby.

Draymond Green 16th… well we definitely know that the baby who made this list is fascinated with the idea of having a color as a last name.

A grown man basketball dude took care of the top 10. Westbrook is a bit low, but eh cant complain after wha i saw 11-100.

11-20 should go something like(I didnt put too much thought into this, also let the injured guys show that arent great before claiming they no longer are)

11. Wall

12. Aldridge

13. Butler

14. George

15. Carmelo

16. Dwight

17. Cousins

18. Kobe

19. Lillard 

20. Derozan

SkalAndJamal
    Participant

WTF Derozan is going to be ranked behind all these suckers because of his shooting %?! that’s literally one more missed shot than being a 45-46% shooter. I’m not a huge fan of him… but come on, theres not 60 players that a gm would want more than him.

Holiday is ranked way too high this aint 2013.

Korver, Green and Middleton being top 50 is blasphemous.

Kevin Love over Kyrie just shows that a baby made this list. Cause idk how you can not comprehend that Kevin is the 3rd banana on that team and he doesnt play a lick of defense, unless of course, you’re a baby.

Draymond Green 16th… well we definitely know that the baby who made this list is fascinated with the idea of having a color as a last name.

A grown man basketball dude took care of the top 10. Westbrook is a bit low, but eh cant complain after wha i saw 11-100.

11-20 should go something like(I didnt put too much thought into this, also let the injured guys show that arent great before claiming they no longer are)

11. Wall

12. Aldridge

13. Butler

14. George

15. Carmelo

16. Dwight

17. Cousins

18. Kobe

19. Lillard 

20. Derozan

DrivingDownTheStreetinmy64

I think cousins & melo r top ten talents.. Rose,Kobe & PG should have asterisks by their rankings..we know what they can do when healthy 

I think cousins & melo r top ten talents.. Rose,Kobe & PG should have asterisks by their rankings..we know what they can do when healthy 

These rankings SUcK!! 

These rankings SUcK!! 

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login