So its the summer of 2012

Tyrober
Tyrober's picture
So its the summer of 2012

Here's a nice dream scenerio for the Knicks. So its the summer of 2012. You are the New York Knicks GM Donnie Walsh. You have enough cap room to sign another major super star. Deron Williams and Chris Paul are both there in your office to sign a nice 5 year deal for a little less than the max. Who do you sign? I have always thought Deron Williams was the better overall player and was the most complete point guard in the league. But I think Chris Paul might be a better fit with Amare and Melo. The rumors are that Chris Paul made this crazy toast where him Amare and Melo all go to play in New York and now 2 of the puzzle pieces are in place. Who would you choose if you were Donnie Walsh? I would personally choose Deron Williams because he is the most complete point guard in the league. His game just doesn't have any weaknesses and he is still the best PG in the league imo.

Steven
no brainer. chris paul. even

no brainer. chris paul.

even though deron might overall be the better player i think cp3 is a better team player, and distributor. and all melo and amare needs is the ball being passed to them at the right moment.

mikeyvthedon
mikeyvthedon's picture
Tough

I too usually lean towards Deron Williams, but I think that Chris Paul's toast was the real deal. Plus, I think Chris Paul is boy's with those guys and they would both push for him. Not to mention, I am not so sure Chris Paul is not the perfect PG to run a D'Antoni offense. Deron is stronger, and might have a nicer mid range game than Paul, but the way Chris Paul has been shooting the 3 the past few seasons probably has D'Antoni drooling. If they get either of them they land a major superstar at that position and two players I currently have rated ahead of Melo and Amare as overall players. I know Deron Williams played on that '08 Olympic team (even though Amare didn't, he was involved in the whole build-up to that Olympics with Deron Williams and Melo), but I have a feeling Paul's personality is what makes him attractive. I would be fairly surprised if the Knicks made a push for Williams over Paul.

The UnderKanter
Utah will trade Dwill only if it necessary

I was thinking about this earlier and Utah honestly isn't gonna trade Dwill unless it absolutely necessary, like he doesn't sign an extension this offseason. Much like the case with Melo. (No, Dwill will not get traded or leave for that matter because he forced Jerry Sloan out that is just stupid and absurd) If that does happen then Utah will probably do the same as they did with Boozer (asked Chicago for a trade exception) or do an "extend and trade." I'm thinking more "extend and trade" which means that New York will probably not get him and will have to settle for CP3. (not really settling though)

So I'll go with CP3.

BasterdInABasket
BasterdInABasket's picture
If it were to happen I dont

If it were to happen I dont think there would be much of a choice. Wade, Bosh and Lebron had everything planned out for a long time which is why amare wasnt ever included in talks to join them. If it did come down to this, Paul would join NY since this has been in the works for a long time.

Tyrober
Tyrober's picture
Pretty crazy that right after

Pretty crazy that right after I posted this Deron Williams got traded to the Nets

RSS: Syndicate content