Sixer fans, what do you want out of this draft and offseason...
Yes we only draft at 16 and have no real cap space but we also have a lot of assets and a young core to build around...Do we trade Iggy, do we keep Young, what's Hawes worth and is he even worth it, Can we move up in the draft without losing Iguadola, Young, Holiday, Turner, Williams and Speights(Meeks, Nocioni and The 16th pick for a shot at a Center in the draft, we draft extremely well and could stand to get a steal in this class...what do we do...do we resign Young and Hawes, keep Iguadola and wait for Nocioni and Brand to roll off the books in a few seasons, or do we package some players and picks and get a C some how some way...at this point idk if we even need a C, the Heat don't have one...getting talent is the only thing I'm concerned with at this point...who is out there that we could get to help our cause, we could really use some more star power on this team and maybe we can start taking risks on players flying under the radar...for one I'd love to get a guy with a high ceiling some how...I want some size at the 4 and 5 with athletism to boot...
I wanna see the sixers trade iggy somehow. Not sure what they can get for him, but it will open the door for Turner. Let Hawes walk as he is not the answer at center. Thad needs to be re-signed and allowed to continue to grow with this team. With the sixteenth pick I think taking a chance on Jeremy Tyler would be a good idea. Try to sign Oden as a flier. Iggy to LAC for TWolves pick next year. Go into next season with Jrue and Lou at PG, Turner and Meeks at SG, Thad and Nocioni at SF, Brand and Tyler at PF, and Oden and Speights at C. What about you Scare Crow?
Since I want them to build on their progression and do not want them to take a step back, this is my personal wishlist for my hometown team.
1) Draft a big! Stefanski cannot mess up in this draft by selecting ANOTHER wing. We have more wings than KFC. We need a big body. Any one of the Morris Twins will be fine, JaJuan Johnson, Tristian Thompson is my fav but I doubt he'd be there. There's plenty of bigs who could shine as a backup to Brand
2A) Iggy situation. We need a consistent go to scorer. I would LOVE to see Monta for Iggy. I think both teams would benefit and having Jrue and Monta wouldn't be bad. People say it'll be too small but it's kind of like Snow and Iverson. No, Im not saying Monta will be the next AI but he can score and score with the best of them at 6'3". That's the only go to scorer I can think of
2B) If we can't get a scorer, we NEED to get rid of Iggy and use him as bait possible to get a big man like Kanter. Or a more drastic trade, Iggy for Bynum? Lakers get a permiter defender to help kobe and can move Pau to the 5 and start Odom. Sixers get a big who can get a lot more touches. Only concern is his health.
3) Keep THAD YOUNG! Lou gets credit as our 6th man but Thad is the glue guy and he does a great job. If you get rid of Iggy, Turner and Thad can get the extra touches and they will do a great job. Thad has a great basketball IQ and I don't want to lose
4) Keep Hawes as well. He is great back up to have even if we do get a big. He can provide a solid 20 mins a night and rebound well enough for us off the bench
5) Get rid of the fat. Speights, Battie, Daniels, Kapono and Songalia are all useless. Speights may have some trade value and I would use him to get a good 3 point shooter, my dream would be Afflao but he is due for a bigger contract after his solid season. Sixers need a new 2 guard who is similar to Jodie. We can bring jodie off our bench. Not sure who we can get but I do think martell webster would be great for us as a shooter.
LOVE the iggy for monta trade. I think jrue and monta would be a solid back court for years to come, slide Turner to the three and use Thad as a sixth man. Lineup looks solid and we finally have the go to scorer we need. However, I do not think golden state would take iggy for monta straight up, maybe if we throw in speights and we could get it done.
I like Tyler as an athletic big but can he play C alongside Thad and Speights...I want to trade Meeks and Brackins to the Thunder for Thabo Sefolosa ...I would take the best rebounder or shot blockers with the 16th pick or if a Pf is there that could develop into a starter post Brand I'd take him, Markeiff Morris may be an option there, I like Trey Thompkins and Jajuan Johnson as well, both are very skilled and could become good Pf's under Brand's mentoring...I want to see If we can resign Dalembert some how, he'd be a better fit than Hawes Imo...we must keep Holiday, Turner, Iguadola, Young, Speights and Williams at all cost, Meeks, Brackins, Hawes and Nocioni can go for Thabo and Dalembert, we can draft BPA with our two picks and add them to the core...I'd draft the Best Available Pf/C at 16 and Chandler Parsons with our 2nd round pick...
I like Iggy, don't get me wrong he's a great second option. But for us, he's being made into the go to guy. While he is a good defender and an athletic specimen, I'm ready to severe ties with him. He's been given that opportunity and he just hasn't been able to capatalize. Plus, we all read that statement when he was asked "Do you think you'll be a Sixer next season?" and he basically said Probably not.
He's our best trade asset and I don't care where he gets traded but I just don't want to be ripped off cuz he does have value.
I like Iggy as well and think he has done a lot for us but I think its time to move him. We are not going to win a title with what we have now and he is the player who will bring us the most in a trade.
1. Keeping Thad Young is a must for us IMO. I think if he gets a starter job, he could be a top 10 SF in this league. His versatility to play the 4 is huge as well.
2. As much as I like Iggy as a player and person, I think for us to continue to improve, he should be moved for a true scoring SG or young and talented big man. Iggy brings a whole lot to this team, but we have a similar player in Young who I think the world of and is a better shooter with the ability to play the 4 as well.
3. I think if we can keep Hawes at a decent price then go for it. But, I am not willing to pay anywhere above what he is worth. His D is lackluster and having stellar D play from your bigs is a must IMO. His passing ability and shooting ability are great to have on this team, but IDK if he should be our starting C or be making starter C type money.
4. As far as Brand goes, I think we are going to have to ride out his contract. He played much better last year and is still a capable player, but teams will not touch him unless we give back something monumental in return and I am not willing to do so just to clear him off the books.
5. Im going to have to go against your thoughts of starting with an undersized lineup though. The reason the heat can do this is b/c they have the Big 3. We have solid players, but we don't have near the talent of an LBJ and D-Wade. Above all, LBJ makes that lineup possible b/c he can guard 1-5.
6. I'd love to see Sammy D back in Philly next year.
7. Draft...im looking @ Markieff Morris, Biyombo, Thompson (highly doubt he is there), Motiejunas (if he slides), and if we really like Jeremy Tyler, I wouldn't mind moving down a bit and grabbing him a bit later if possible.
8. If the staff is comfortable with him, make a solid offer for Oden. If anyone is worth the risk, he certainly is. He fits the center need and brings a guy in with a HUGE ceiling.
1. Agree, Young is a building block we can't afford to lose. 2. Agree, Iggy has been great but needs to go. 3. Hawes is a decent shooter and passer, but not what I want in a big man, so I say let him walk. 4. We are more than likely stuck with Brand for the rest of his contract, but if he plays like he did this year I can live with that. 5. We can go small from time to time but not on a consistent basis. 6. Sammy D would be ok if the price is right.
7. Any of those picks would be ok, but I expect big things from Tyler so I would love to get him.
8. Agree, Oden could be a huge pickup for us if we could get him, especially if he stays healthy.
If the sixers are unable to move Iguodala they could be in trouble if a team signs Thad to a tender of like 5 years/45 mil, if there is no amnesty clause and still have Brand's contract along with Iggy's and having to keep Hawes it will be incredibly challenging to keep Thad.
I'd rather overpay to keep Thad Young than pay to keep Hawes around.
I do not want lose Iggy or Thad period, we wouldn't get fair value for Iggy so keep him, why take a risk in trading him for someone like Kaman or Okefor...he's not as overpaid as many people claim he his, and if Turner and Holiday can become consistent scorers in the 18 to 22 point per game range he'll he fine...I'd get rid of everyone but Holiday/Turner/Iguadola/Young/Speights and Lou Williams for Thabo Sefolosa and Sam Dalembert...Brand is a great leader and if he was making 5 million a year instead the horrendous 17 million plus he is due over the next two years we wouldn't be trying to trade him, I say let the them grow into the players they can be and play defense like their lives depend on it...I am willing to take a huge risk a draft a guy like Tyler if and only if there is a great chance he can become a force on the inside, if not get the best possible interior defender or rebounder...I'm thinking we add a shooter with size with our 2nd pick, Chandler Parsons makes sense in that range, we could only hope he becomes Korver 2.0 and helps spread the floor for dirt cheap...my Sixers lineup opening Day...Starting 5...Holiday-Turner-Iguadola(keep him please Rod Thorn, you will be robbed in a trade)-Thad Young(resigned for 5 years/40 million, he'd make 7.5 million in years 1 thru 4 and 10 million in the last year of the deal , easily done, Kapono made almost 7 million last year, we can afford to pay Iggy and Thad) Dalembert (signed with the MLE or we can just use Hawes and Nocioni to trade for him again ironicly) Bench- Lou Williams(instant offense) - Thabo Sefolosa(We can offer Meeks and Brackins to get him or we give them Meeks and swap picks in the first round , Thabo can be the high energy defender off the bench) - Chandler Parsons(2nd round shooter) - Speights (make or break year for M16 and he'll be motivated to break out before his rookie deal is up) Jeremy Tyler (High Risk High Reward pick, we can get him at 16 or trade back with the Thunder and get him and Sefolosa for the 16th pick and Jodi Meeks)...Lastly we have Elton Brand until his contract runs out, he can mentor Speights and Tyler along with Dalembert until they are fully ready to step up in a year or 2 in Tyler's case...botomline we trade Meeks, Hawes, Nocioni and Brackins for Sam Dalembert and Sefolosa, draft Jeremy Tyler in the first round and Chandler Parsons in the second...