To Site Owner - Kostas Sloukas Plays Ahead Of Acie Law On Their Team, Yet This Site Can't Even Put Him On The 2012 Mock

European Baller
To Site Owner - Kostas Sloukas Plays Ahead Of Acie Law On Their Team, Yet This Site Can't Even Put Him On The 2012 Mock

How can this site's owner explain how Acie Law, a 4 year NBA rotation player, is playing behind Kostas Sloukas on the Olympiacos rotation, and yet, this site refuses to put Sloukas in their 2012 mock draft?

Seriously.....what is the site's explanation for this?

BigD
Really? Again... cmon

Really? Again... cmon man.

btw DraftExpress also doesn't have him on their mock, and i haven't seen him on any mock draft around the web. Maybe he is A. not good enough B. not going to be good enough C. not expected to make the league. I'm sorry i probably just broke your heart, but the truth hurts.

European Baller
He is right now better than every

He is right now better than every single European player listed in the 2012 and 2013 mock drafts by both this site and draftexpress.com

I am sorry, but maybe the owners of the sites that make the mock drafts don't know what they are doing.

The fact that they cannot give any explanation for why he is not in the mock draft says it all.

It's hilarious how a guy that has just last season been an NBA rotation player, plays behind him, yet you claim he is "not good enough". Sloukas is playing better right now in Euroleague than Ty Lawson, Brandon Jennings and Ricky Rubio ever did.

Sorry to break your precious little heart, but the truth hurts.

BigD
I never claimed he is not

I never claimed he is not good enough, but as nobody has them on their mocks it must say something, i just googled him and he's ranked highly by a lot of sites, but he isn't on any of their mocks. So he's a good player most likely, but not a player who will make it in the NBA (as noted as he has a lack of athletiscm), im assuming. And you saying he's better than every player is your opinion, but draftexpress has him ranked at no.17 for 1990 born players? And he isn't even ranked on this site for 1990.

European Baller
Dozens of players in the NBA

Dozens of players in the NBA lack athleticism. That's a total BS for why he could not be drafted. His athletic level is about like a Steve Nash for example and is probably better than Jason Kidd of recent years. They don't seem to be having any trouble playing in the NBA.

It's not my opinion he's better right now than all those other players. It's a fact based on his recent performance.

Like I said, the owners of these sites obviously have no freaking clue as to what they are doing. Sloukas is playing as one of the 2 best young players in all of Europe, along with Mirotic right now. Him being ranked 17th best in the 1990 year is absolutely insane and ridiculous..

Him not even being listed in rankings by this site is even moreso. You are talking about a guy that is playing 20 minutes in the Top 16, in a big Euroleague club, and is producing good numbers.

This would be a guaranteed first round draft pick just about every other time this has happened, yet he is not even listed by these sites. Aldemir? Shengelia? Satoranksy? Etc., who are these other European players being listed right now compared to Sloukas?

Not one of them is playing nearly as well as he is. And yes, the fact Sloukas is playing better this year in the Euroleague than Ty Lawson did should at least have him listed in these mock drafts.

A Lil English
A Lil English's picture
Refusing? Really??

1. Just because they miss a guy or 2 doesn't mean they don't know what they're doing. The guys who actually draft these player miss guys every year. If you feel they don't know what they're doing then theres no reason for you to come back here.

2. Just because he is ahead of a guy who was in the NBA (yet has never played in Europe before now) doesn't make him an NBA player. That's like saying Foreman can beat Ali simply because Foreman beat Frazier who had beaten Ali. It's not that straight forward.

3. If your knowledge is so much better and he is so good you cannot resist coming here to mention him time after time then surely he will show up sooner or later based on his play. Maybe you chill out and stop being so annoying?

BigD
Ty Lawson has well known to

Ty Lawson has well known to be quite frustrated with his time in Europe, so using him as an example isn't the best.

His minutes are not even reaching 15 a game, so not 20.

As for his status on the mock, i've never seen him play nor does it really bother me that i haven't, but there would be a reason why NOBODY has him on their mock, his glaring weaknesses from draftexpress.com would be a big problem to him even getting drafted, especially his defensive woes, lack of athletiscm and lack of ability to finish in traffic.

If you really think he's worth putting on the mock, perhaps emailing Aran asking for a polite explanation as to why he isn't or if he's aware of his situation might be of more benefit then posting it here on the forum. As i said, there is a reason as to why nobody has him on the mock, not just this site.

European Baller
He is playing better than

He is playing better than Lawson, Jennings, and Rubio did in Euroleague, not just Lawson (and you are just making BS excuses for Lawson anyway). How many excuses can you come up with? And I said he is playing 20 minutes a game in Top 16. You actually think you can Google him and know about him without seeing him play?

Rubio could not finish at all, I mean he was 10 times worse of an offensive player scoring-wise than Sloukas in Euroleague, and he was always 1-2 in the mocks. Again, these are not explanations - they are BS excuses that don't add up.

A Lil English
A Lil English's picture
The fact that you chose not

The fact that you chose not to reply to anything I said says it all.

BigD
Jennings Euroleague isn't

Jennings Euroleague isn't really comparable because of the variation in the gamestyle that Jennings prefers. And there's been 2 games in the top 16, wait until there's a few more before using a minutes stat. He's averaging 15 for the entire tournament so far. As for Rubio, he was mainly hyped up because of his international play during the Beijing Olympics i think it was, and there was a game against the US where he was unbelievable from memory, that's why he was placed as high as he was.

I've never seen him play, your right, but suspicions are raised when nobody rates him enough to put him on a mock, if it was just this site, then maybe it's a mistake, but i doubt every mock draft site has forgotten about him. If he actually makes a little more noise, i'll expect him on the mock, otherwise stop carrying on about him, your looking stupid.

Tongue-Out-Like-23
Tongue-Out-Like-23's picture
Guys. Word of advice. Don't

Guys. Word of advice.

Don't argue with European Baller. He's only here early in the season to talk about these Euro prospects that become nobodys the following year. He's just a troll -- matter of fact, I'm not even sure, nor do I car, if he's European.

Just let his posts die out like everyone else does. Nobody listens to him.

mmichnowicz1
Does he fit the NBA style of

Does he fit the NBA style of play? If Kostas Sloukas does not fit an nba style of play than he will not play in the league. Rubio was not a good european player because his game fit the nba and not europe. I am guessing that Kostas Sloukas game fits europe not the nba, so he will not be an nba player.

European Baller
Sloukas is a lights out

Sloukas is a lights out shooter with unlimited shooting range. He is lights out from off the dribble, or from the catch and shoot. These players always do well in the NBA, even if they have no other skills at all.

fgrrghg
shut the f*ck up european

shut the f*ck up european baller jesus christ

JoeWolf1
JoeWolf1's picture
This site predicts the NBA

This site predicts the NBA draft, they guys you post on here every year are good players, but guess what? They never get drafted!! You continue to bash Aran and the guys who run this site, when they are right year in and year out. You continue to be wrong. No one has a Greek bias. How is Big Sofo doing in the NBA this season? Is he dominating? You have been and continue to be wrong. American Baller is due for a comeback.

Maniac Maciej
Maniac Maciej's picture
He could be the next Sarunas

He could be the next Sarunas Jasikevicius. That guy dominated the NBA.

Tyrober
Tyrober's picture
Maybe the guy doesn't want to

Maybe the guy doesn't want to come over and sit on the NBAs bench. Starting over Acie Law isn't saying much bud.

JoeWolf1
JoeWolf1's picture
Good point ^

If there is a former NBA player under the age of 30 playing in Greece right now, he couldn't hack it in the NBA.

Allen_Iverson_3
Allen_Iverson_3's picture
Calm down man!

Calm down man! You're saying Sloukas is starting over Acie Law but:

1) Acie Law has pretty much just arrived at Olympiakos so Law will gradually get more playing time, he needs to learn how to play in his new team.

2) Acie Law is an under-average NBA point guard so playing ahead of him doesn't make you NBA-bound.

3) Olympiacos is far from being what it was the previous seasons because of the financial crisis. Thus, Sloukas is performing correctly in a good but not excellent European team.

4) Some european prospects, even though they have very good stats, are not NBA-profiled players, they'd better stay in Euroleague. Look at players like Milan Macvan, Bojan Bogdanovic or Martynas Gecevicius who had better stats but who didn't make it (yet?) into the NBA though 2 of the 3 were drafted as 2nd-rounders: they are simply not made for the NBA and maybe Sloukas is of this type as he's a 6-3 combo guard with under-average NBA athleticism and with no particular creative skills.

European Baller
Sloukas has just as mich

Sloukas has just as mich athleticism as current Nash and more than Kidd of recent years. Neither have had any problem playing in the NBA.

Also, to say Sloukas has no creative ability on offense is absurd. He's a very good play maker. His point guard creative skills on offense are way better than most NBA point guards. It's at least at Calderon level.

So again, not one legit point is being made here to explain why he should not be on the mock draft. It's just all stereotypes, xenophobia, myths, and patriotic nonsense.

Kinguy11
In recent years Steve Nash

In recent years Steve Nash and Jason Kidd have been in their mid-30's, so when the NBA wants a rookie with the athletism of of a 35 year old, they'll come calling.

Also, this is a bit like the boy who cried wolf. You keep bringing this guy up in hopeless agruements every post. So if this guy actually improves hs athletism and his other weak points in offseason, and becomes good enough to be in the NBA, we just won't listen next time you make a thread.

PS: Also, give some examples of these myths and stereotypes, then I'll bother to read your entire post.

chevilicous
chevilicous's picture
That's exactly what every

That's exactly what every team wants, a 22 yr old PG prospect with the athletiscism of a 37 yr old veteran who has 17 years on his wheels. Good game sir, you just destroyed your own argument.

Nbanflguy
Nbanflguy's picture
What does putting him in the

What does putting him in the mock do for you?

Do you think NBA teams use this site to draft players? If he is good enough to get drafted, he will regardless if he is on the mock or not.

ps. He is not good enough to get drafted, and every overseas player you bring up does nothing!

pe3ucTop
just in case anybody's

just in case anybody's interested in seeing Sloukas play, Olympiakos is playing vs Efes Pilsen with Vujacic. Seems like it's halftime now... commercials running.

http://www.sportlemon.tv/v-2/16/14/v-361529.html

pe3ucTop

sorry, double post

RSS: Syndicate content