This topic contains 6 replies, has 7 voices, and was last updated by AvatarAvatar Thenilonator 6 years, 7 months ago.

• Author
    rope
    Participant

While the results of the two articles are pretty much interchangeable, I have to go with the SI version.  Much better analysis and more readable.  Plus, they published a reasonably good critique of their own list a couple days later.  The ESPN list really didn’t even make an effort to provide much context for their choice.  But then again, SI has always been a home for better writing and journalism than ESPN.

Aside from that, anyone have any comments on the ratings?

OhCanada-
    Participant

I know Im a Raptors/Demar Derozan fanboy but I just dont understand what the guy has to do to end up Top 20-30 on this list. He ends up SI-36/ESPN-39 coming off another Allstar apperance and 3rd team All NBA. Come on. Show the man some respect.

Hitster
    Participant

I haven’t seen the lists yet but if you consider that DeRozan made 3rd All NBA Team last season and plays at a deep position then even allowing for a few other players who have claims to be high on the list he has to be within the top 20 surely. Realistically I’d say he’d be in 13 to 18 range.

The Goat
    Participant

I haven’t seen the SI list and only glanced at the ESPN one but I’d bd surprised if I didn’t have Derozan around 25-30. Hes a perennial all star now and I’m thinking at worst he’d be ranked 15 or so in the West and 10 or so in the East

SubZero
    Participant

Haven’t seen SI’s yet but ESPN’s is hot garbage. Jae Crowder at 38 above guys like Horford, Whiteside, Avery Bradley (61 for him is way too low), and Melo is insane

Having Melo at 64 is just as insane as having Lonzo at 63 (can’t believe they have Ben Simmons 20 spots lower. Neither have played a game yet but somehow they forgot that people were calling Ben Simmons the next Magic and the best prospect since KD or Lebron)

People can argue this one but in my obviously biased opinion, Draymond at 10 is crazy. He doesn’t deserve to be over guys like Wall, Jimmy, and PG, and probably guys like Boogie. I don’t know how someone got paid to make this list but they showed they don’t know basketball

BeastMode716
    Participant

nothing else is going on right now in the NBA 

it’s pure Click Bait 

Thenilonator
    Participant

I’m taking Rubio over Schroder every day of the week! Actually I’d take George hill and Jeff Teague over him too!

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login