This topic contains 12 replies, has 12 voices, and was last updated by AvatarAvatar Pro-21 7 years, 7 months ago.

• Author
    Knicks44
    Participant

What do you guys think about the SI top 100?
    Who do you think are the biggest snubs?
    Who do you think does not deserve to be in it?
    Who do you think is much lower or much higher than they should?

LazarusMunoz
    Participant

No Chris Kaman. Cant take it seriously 

jmarg25
    Participant

Cody Zeller and Jr Smith higher than Brandon Knight… I don’t know about that

SubZero
      Participant

Ever since Brandon Knight’s been on Shaqtin a Fool a million times that one season, he’s been gettin crazy disrespect. He’s a solid player. 20 points, 4 rebounds, and 5 assists last season

Reptilian Monk
    Participant

Lots of mistakes in my opinion on this list. Kyrie at 25 with Wall at 17 and Lowry at 14 is laughable. 

AwardedBaller
      Participant

I don’t think there’s anything funny about that, everyone is letting this final’s performance forget what Kyrie really is. Kyrie is a really good scorer and he fills his role on the Cavaliers perfectly. He’s a great beta dog, but if he is needed to be an Alpha on a team like Wall or Lowry that team would be a 10-12 seed every season. I don’t think there’s 25 players better than Kyrie, but I also don’t think he’s better than Wall or Lowry.

Pro-21
        Participant

I think this list is based on stereotypes and its pretty inconsistent in terms of logic. The listmakers are seemingly trying to exclude the playoffs from their rankings, but they still rank LeBron James ahead of Steph. Curry, even though Curry had a much better regular season than LeBron. If they’re taking the playoffs into account, than Kyrie Irving should be at minimal a top 20 player. He averaged 25 and 5 with 2 steals with 47/44/91% shooting splits, while clearly outplaying every point guard he played against. That’s a 21 game sample, also, against playoff defense, especially the inexhaustible Warriors D. 

They penalize Kyrie Irving with the speculative "how would he do on his own team" and yet that same question applies even moreso to Draymond Green, who is ranked 13th on the list … ABOVE KLAY THOMPSON! Draymond is a very good player, but he’s a "glue guy" who isn’t dominant enough offensively to be the best player on a competitive team. Draymond is just becoming ridiculously overrated. He is not better than Klay, Lowry, Kyrie or Wall, and none of the teams those players are on would be better with him in their place. The Cavs don’t sniff the chip with Draymond — except they do, cuz’ LeBron (lol).  Paul Millsap is not as good as his ranking. I could go on, but this is just tiring. I’m sorry, but if the Warriors really did have 5 top 50 players on their team — Steph (3), Draymond (13), Klay (19), Iggy (42, !!!) — there’s simply no way they would’ve lost to the Cavs, unless the Cavs have two top 12-18 players on their team. Draymond got himself thrown out of one game, and played piss poor in 2 consecutive others, failing to score in double digits during pivotal close out games. When Draymond was in the Olympics — you know, the same thing they decided to judge Kyrie on — Draymond was an absolute non-factor, and everyone was mystified. "Why aren’t they using him?" some asked. "He should be in the starting line-up" others said. I feel like the answer is very clear, but it’s just that it doesn’t fit into the Warriors narrative: Draymond Green is a system player. In a vacuum, he is not going to outplay any elite power forwards (blake griffin, LMA, Anthony Davis, Carmelo), small forwards (LeBron, KD, Kawhi, Paul George) or 2Guards (Harden, Klay, Jimmy Butler … Wade? Yeah, probably not tbh) or any of the elite point guards either. He’ll outplay centers, but that’s almost entirely based on the lineups he’s used in. Use the Kyrie/Isaiah Thomas on the Celtics narrative on Draymond. Put Draymond on the 76ers from last year and they are not approaching the playoffs, still. Put him on this year’s Hawks instead of MillSapp, and the Hawks still get swept, if not lose in 5 games. Put him on Phoenix … a lot of teams without fluid offenses or a calvacade of dynamic scoring talents and lengthy defenders and ask yourself what happens. On the other hand, make Draymond your second best player. Put him on this year’s cavs instead of Kyrie, and ask yourself if the Cavs win any of those close games. This is honestly just getting ridiculous lol.

OhCanada-
    Participant

List is complete garbage.

Knicks44
    Participant

Why is Al Horford number 18? lmao

Uncledrew
    Participant

Lowry better then kyrie. Laughable at best and every type of measurement will agree. Kyrie is a top 10 player in the league

TRC1991
    Participant

Paul Millsap over-rated at 15, better than Jimmy Butler?? No.

Chris Paul over-rated (like usual) at 4. He’s never even been to the conference finals.

Kyrie behind Lowry? Haha. Ok….

giddyup123
    Participant

I know he’s been taking serious heat for the max contract with the Mavs and the DNPs with Team USA, but gotta think he’s atleast a top 100 player in the league. It almost seems like they forgot about him… he’s not even in the "snubs" list.

BeastMode716
    Participant

are two late 20’s little Suburban guys who have never played organized basketball on Any level & they believe a life time of as video gamers & analytics regurgitation makes them NBA experts & it does not.

If these guys want to report & use analytics to explain what Happened in a game I think that’s great

But Baseball (where Analytics grew) is a sport where No One touches each other so using Data collection for Predictive Analysis (which is what Analytics Is) works Great b/c No players Touc each other. You can chart tendencies & use that to Project future success

In sports like NBA & Expecially the NFL where physicality plays a MASSIVE role Tendencies take a backseat to Match Ups. When you can have one man physically punish, intimidate & both physically & psychologically dominate another Analytics can’t predict that. 

In sports like Basketball & Football where a Team game conisists of multiple one V one match ups they Resist Data Analysis used for projections. Mainly b/c as the highest levels of these sports the top players TAKE AWAY your Tendencies or What you like to do best & it becomes a test of Wills under Extreme Pressure. This is why the playoffs are so exciting, many great Regular season players just can Not perform b/c they can Not handle the pressure.

In baseball the pressure is Purely psychological. Why does this matter? B/c In the NBA a lesser Center built like a tank can physically pound the top Rookie star player to the point where he is physically exhuasted so his legs are gone he can’t shoot b/c of it, 15,000 people are watching him get beat to a pulp & he begins to panic. Eventually the young Star Center had to be benched. He just got a taste of Every playoff game. No way analytics can predict that. 

That’s just one example of a Million & people who have plyed organized team sports on Any level understand exactly what I’m talking about. I can drill down deeper & I’m not picking on Analytics – I LUV analytics but I’d MUCH rather hear from two Veteran scouts or former players or coaches who understand Analytics is just one piece of the puzzle instead of listening to two young guys who Over-rely on Analytics b/c they have Zero other perspective on the subject.

If someone asked us to list the top 100 Virus we would consult a text book b/c we have Zero personal experience working at the CDC…….. In short, this list is meaningless.

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login