This topic contains 70 replies, has 16 voices, and was last updated by AvatarAvatar aamir543 12 years, 7 months ago.

• Author
    paradigmn
    Participant

In two days marks the 10 year anniversy of Sept 11th.

I just watched something that was very moving and felt the need to share this mans remarkable story.

It really puts life into perspective.  I am not going to lie…I shed a tear 4 real

WELLES CROWTHER….you are the definition of a HERO!!!

4th dimension

And this topic is NBA draft related because…..??

4th dimension

4th dimension

er1csh3n
    Participant

And you’re being a douchebag is NBA draft related because?  Dude 9/11 may not be a day of remembrance for you, but too many people it is, and the OP just wanted to show other people this video as knowledge, not some wannabe advertising for a concert and some guy posting stuff about cheap Jordans.

er1csh3n
    Participant

And you’re being a douchebag is NBA draft related because?  Dude 9/11 may not be a day of remembrance for you, but too many people it is, and the OP just wanted to show other people this video as knowledge, not some wannabe advertising for a concert and some guy posting stuff about cheap Jordans.

er1csh3n
    Participant

Grandmama
    Participant

Touching story, a True American Hero…..RIP Welles

Grandmama
    Participant

Grandmama
    Participant

Mr. Chicago
    Participant

He wrote a great column regarding Flight 93 (the plane that crashed in Pennsylvania). I still remember where I was when it happened.

http://espn.go.com/espn/story/_/id/6935757/remembering-flight-93

Mr. Chicago
    Participant

He wrote a great column regarding Flight 93 (the plane that crashed in Pennsylvania). I still remember where I was when it happened.

Mr. Chicago
    Participant

Tongue-Out-Like-23
    Participant

Crazy how almost everybody you ask, they all remember exactly what they were doing when they heard the news.  Even if it was 10 years ago.  We can all remember as if it were yesterday.  Hell, that memory is clearer than what I did yesterday!

Tongue-Out-Like-23
    Participant

Crazy how almost everybody you ask, they all remember exactly what they were doing when they heard the news.  Even if it was 10 years ago.  We can all remember as if it were yesterday.  Hell, that memory is clearer than what I did yesterday!

Tongue-Out-Like-23
    Participant

SubZero
    Participant

I don’t remember a thing…I was only 6. Kinda glad too, I would’ve been pretty scared if I knew what actually happened. Hope nothing like this happens again anytime soon

SubZero
    Participant

I don’t remember a thing…I was only 6. Kinda glad too, I would’ve been pretty scared if I knew what actually happened. Hope nothing like this happens again anytime soon

SubZero
    Participant

aamir543
    Participant

I was 4, in Kintergarten, and I remember my dad coming back to school to pick me up like an hour and a half after school started, and the image I vividly remember is looking at my teacher’s face and she looked like she was about to throw up.

My prayers go out to everyone who lost a loved one that day.

aamir543
    Participant

I was 4, in Kintergarten, and I remember my dad coming back to school to pick me up like an hour and a half after school started, and the image I vividly remember is looking at my teacher’s face and she looked like she was about to throw up.

aamir543
    Participant

M-DYMES
    Participant

There is alot of different views on 9/11 and this could be a rather dangerour forum topic to put up…as far as people getting offened.

I will only say…Big tragedy and the reprecussions of this event will forever impact society as a whole.  

But everyone, I think it would be wise to avoid going into your political views and stick to the fact that this was a huge loss, if you choose to comment on this thread at all.

M-DYMES
    Participant

There is alot of different views on 9/11 and this could be a rather dangerour forum topic to put up…as far as people getting offened.

I will only say…Big tragedy and the reprecussions of this event will forever impact society as a whole.  

But everyone, I think it would be wise to avoid going into your political views and stick to the fact that this was a huge loss, if you choose to comment on this thread at all.

M-DYMES
    Participant

paradigmn
    Participant

I wasn’t trying to offend anyone…I know this is a basketball fourm…but….there are a number of topics posted almost everyday that are obviously not b-ball related.

After watching this story….WELLES CROWTHER…he really moved me…..I don’t know that I could have done what he did…..I felt the need to share his story……I showed some family members and friends….they all thought it was very moving.

I consider myself a member of this fourm well enough to share this story without everyone taking it the wrong way.

I think all of the comments have been appropriate so far (even 4th dimensions comment wasnt that bad…although…there was no need 4 it) 

Anyways…Please dont be offended by this post…that was not the intention.

paradigmn
    Participant

I wasn’t trying to offend anyone…I know this is a basketball fourm…but….there are a number of topics posted almost everyday that are obviously not b-ball related.

After watching this story….WELLES CROWTHER…he really moved me…..I don’t know that I could have done what he did…..I felt the need to share his story……I showed some family members and friends….they all thought it was very moving.

I consider myself a member of this fourm well enough to share this story without everyone taking it the wrong way.

I think all of the comments have been appropriate so far (even 4th dimensions comment wasnt that bad…although…there was no need 4 it) 

paradigmn
    Participant

iguapops420
    Participant

+1 for TOL23 and M-DYMES

iguapops420
    Participant

+1 for TOL23 and M-DYMES

iguapops420
    Participant

+1 for TOL23 and M-DYMES

Malik-Universal
    Participant

not that im patroitic or anything but i almost damn had tears coming from my eyes

he was a real man, a f*ckin courageous dude… wow… basically sacrificed his OWN LIFE for people who had little chance of surivival… 

amazing…

Malik-Universal
    Participant

not that im patroitic or anything but i almost damn had tears coming from my eyes

he was a real man, a f*ckin courageous dude… wow… basically sacrificed his OWN LIFE for people who had little chance of surivival… 

amazing…

Malik-Universal
    Participant

amazing…

ForTheWin
    Participant

I agree with M-DYMES keep your politics out thousands died.

From my personal standpoint- I’m Serbian and although you bombed my country for months and fueled propoganda against my people, I put that all aside and wish for the victoms to rip and thier families to find some sort of closure. But I will say although the attacks were devastating whats even more devasting is the 7,500+(And Counting) Americans who died and are still dieing in the wars ensuing.

ForTheWin
    Participant

From my personal standpoint- I’m Serbian and although you bombed my country for months and fueled propoganda against my people, I put that all aside and wish for the victoms to rip and thier families to find some sort of closure. But I will say although the attacks were devastating whats even more devasting is the 7,500+(And Counting) Americans who died and are still dieing in the wars ensuing.

ForTheWin
    Participant

ForTheWin
    Participant

ForTheWin
    Participant

ForTheWin
    Participant

4th dimension

Ok, so I speak the obvious, which is, that this is a non-NBA draft related, yet I’m getting negative points?? WTF? So I’m wrong, and you idiots are right? Come-on, all I said was this isn’t draft related, bunch of morons.

4th dimension

Ok, so I speak the obvious, which is, that this is a non-NBA draft related, yet I’m getting negative points?? WTF? So I’m wrong, and you idiots are right? Come-on, all I said was this isn’t draft related, bunch of morons.

4th dimension

er1csh3n
      Participant

I hate to reply to suck an ignorant question, but really a forum is for people to say respectable and debatable posts, you obviously were trolling on your first post, its not NBA draft related, so what? Neither was yours, the topic of this post is however a tribute to a hero and other victims of 9/11. So…..stop trolling.

er1csh3n
      Participant

I hate to reply to suck an ignorant question, but really a forum is for people to say respectable and debatable posts, you obviously were trolling on your first post, its not NBA draft related, so what? Neither was yours, the topic of this post is however a tribute to a hero and other victims of 9/11. So…..stop trolling.

er1csh3n
      Participant

ForTheWin
    Participant

4th dimension, how many non- draft related topics are there daily? And you find the need to say something for a national tragedy? I’m guessing you’re a 911 truther or something because who in the right mind would question a post about 911. Keep your politics off this forum, your not invited.

ForTheWin
    Participant

4th dimension, how many non- draft related topics are there daily? And you find the need to say something for a national tragedy? I’m guessing you’re a 911 truther or something because who in the right mind would question a post about 911. Keep your politics off this forum, your not invited.

ForTheWin
    Participant

drk3351
    Participant

RIP

drk3351
    Participant

RIP

drk3351
    Participant

RIP

M-DYMES
    Participant

ForTheWin…that is exactly what I was trying to avoid.  Don’t degrade people who are 9/11 "truthers".  This thread should only be about that video and paying homage to the victims and their families. 

M-DYMES
    Participant

ForTheWin…that is exactly what I was trying to avoid.  Don’t degrade people who are 9/11 "truthers".  This thread should only be about that video and paying homage to the victims and their families. 

M-DYMES
    Participant

torontoraptors10
    Participant

RIP to all the innocent people that died on 9/11.

Lets also keep in our prayers the innocent people that have died in Iraq and Afghanistan. The 1.4 million innocent kids that have died and the troops that are putting their lives on the line for this so called "War on Terror."

I urge everyone to learn from this and realize we are all humans at the end of the day and war is not the answer for anything in the world. We only have each other on this planet and it’s better to make peace not war.

torontoraptors10
    Participant

Lets also keep in our prayers the innocent people that have died in Iraq and Afghanistan. The 1.4 million innocent kids that have died and the troops that are putting their lives on the line for this so called "War on Terror."

I urge everyone to learn from this and realize we are all humans at the end of the day and war is not the answer for anything in the world. We only have each other on this planet and it’s better to make peace not war.

torontoraptors10
    Participant

PrecociousNeophyte
    Participant

I don’t know why, but I love the part at 12:10 with the lady he saved sitting on the couch with his picture on the table next to her. I didn’t cry, but my eyes watered a little bit.

PrecociousNeophyte
    Participant

I don’t know why, but I love the part at 12:10 with the lady he saved sitting on the couch with his picture on the table next to her. I didn’t cry, but my eyes watered a little bit.

PrecociousNeophyte
    Participant

adum
    Participant

I hate to see anyone suffer let alone perish in violence so Im obviously set the wrong way when I heard about these events. What I hate more is that way the media weighs all the attention on the deaths of 9/11 which is only a speck compared to the innocent deaths to the afgani and Iraqi civilians . Whole neighbourhoids taken out on a gut feeling Yes it’s war but we are in the 20th century not medieval times May all souls lost rest peacefully

adum
    Participant

I hate to see anyone suffer let alone perish in violence so Im obviously set the wrong way when I heard about these events. What I hate more is that way the media weighs all the attention on the deaths of 9/11 which is only a speck compared to the innocent deaths to the afgani and Iraqi civilians . Whole neighbourhoids taken out on a gut feeling Yes it’s war but we are in the 20th century not medieval times May all souls lost rest peacefully

adum
    Participant

Scottoant93
    Participant

I remember I lived in NJ When this happened, I was 8 and was in school, i remember just about everyone being in tears, A true Tragedy R.I.P

Scottoant93
    Participant

I remember I lived in NJ When this happened, I was 8 and was in school, i remember just about everyone being in tears, A true Tragedy R.I.P

Scottoant93
    Participant

Malik-Universal
    Participant

4th dimension ur an ass hole

Malik-Universal
    Participant

Malik-Universal
    Participant

aamir543
    Participant

On any other non basketball topic on the main board, I would deem 4th D’s comment acceptable, but he is an inconsiderate jerk if he really has the audacity to make such a comment on a thread like this.

Forget the comment, I saw this thread when it was like 25-30 minutes old, and had 1 point. I come back a minute later, and that point is gone and here comes 4th D’s ignorant comment. Did he even look at the topic before he or anyonelse gave it a -1. Has he no empathy or sympathy?

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login