Semi New to Making Mocks but What do you guys think of mine? Helpful advice appreciated!
^See title.. What do you guys think of my top 15?
I highly doubt Adams falls out of the lottery.
Also, with so many teams having multiple 2nd round picks, I think more than 2 international guys will get picked up in the 2nd.
Yeah I'm not sure who will drop out of the lottery.. This draft has been extremely hard to mock. I only changed the first 15 or so picks so far and have not yet gotten to the rest. Thanks for the feedback!
Reasons for the picks:
1. Alex Len because Nerlens is injury prone (multiple surgeries). After having Varejo on their roster, I think the Cavs will want a more stable big man. This would also give them the flexibility to trade Varejo if wanted.
2. Victor Oladipo This is a possibility. Oladipo has been rising significantly recently. McLemore having poor workouts and seeming out of shape seems to be hurting his stock. Burke is another option here but I think it would be too high for him.
3. Anthony Bennett: Wizards seem to really love this kid. Also John Wall wants a player like him on his team or so the rumor goes.
4. Well Charlottee is a bit of a wreck.. I think they will take the gamble and draft Noel. They will also realize that the draft next year seems solid at this point and they will try to enter the "Andrew Wiggins" sweepstakes.
5. McLemore.. With Dragic on the roster I think they will pick McLemore to fill the need at SG.
6. Otto Porter: I think the Pelicans will want a sf to complement Anthony Davis. They already have Vasquez at point and are not ready to give up on Austin Rivers making the transition either.
7. MCW Sacramento has said already that they are committed to rebuilding no matter how long it takes. I believe that Burke is an option here but MCW seems to have more "upside" with his height etc.
8. Pistons: Burke.. Need a PG
9. McCollum: Minnesota needs a good SG and while KCP is an option here I believe they will go with McCollum instead.
10. Portland needs a SG so KCP.
11. Philadelphia could go any direction but I think they may like Zeller especially with the unlikely hood of them resigning Bynum.
12. OKC.. not sure but Olynk seems like a decent pick for them. They could also go for a PG or something. Steven Adams is an option here too I think
13. Schroeder. I think Dallas will look to draft a PG or a big man (Olynk or Adams) if they don't trade out.
14. Utah likes Larkin
15. Milwaukee will be looking for a new SG as Monta Elis is not resigning with them.
I don't think Charlotte would pass on McLemore if he would fall into their laps. He is a lot of peoples highest rated prospect and has the most superstar potential in my opinion. They could seriously use some outside shooting at SG especially with MKG playing the 3. They need a lot of things so Noel wouldn't be a giant shock but with all of his question marks I would be cautious.
Steven Adams will get picked before Olynk because of Adams potential and athleticism. It could make sense for OKC to draft a player that could help them more now since they are contenders but with the moves they have made such as trading Harden for Lamb and co it seems like they would be content in drafting on potential. They seem to want to be very good for a long time instead of great for a shorter time.
You also don't have anyone being picked 21st by Utah. I know the website screws up sometimes but I just wanted to let you know. I am done nitpicking and actually think this is a pretty good mock draft especially for a self proclaimed newcomer.