Ricky Rubio Will Be In The 2009 NBA Draft

don042488
don042488's picture
Ricky Rubio Will Be In The 2009 NBA Draft

It's official, according to sources close to Ricky Rubio, he will declare his name into the 2009 NBA Draft. Teams in the lottery are willing to pay for his big buyout, because they know they would be getting a special point guard, reminiscent of Steve Nash, just without a jumper, and with better defense...I say he's a lock for top 3..With the addition for Ricky Rubio to this draft, it doesn't seem so bad after all...You have a stud in Blake Griffin, a great interior defender in Hasheem Thabeet, three special point guards, that are different in their own ways, in Ricky Rubio, Brandon Jennings, and Jeff Teague, a relentless rebounder in Jordan Hill, who I feel with hard work could be the next Horace Grant, a versatile wing player in Earl Clark, a solid fundamentally sound scoring machine in James Harden, an athletic freak in DeMar Derozan, a budding star in Gerald Henderson, and the list goes on and on..I feel this draft isn't as weak as the 2006 Draft, it has some well know players, that can become real solid pros and perphaps all-stars.

don042488
don042488's picture
I Agree

I think Rubio can go # 1, if like what you said, a team already has a solid enough power forward. Also because of Rubio's performance at the Olympics and his moppy Pistol Pete hair, I think he's the most marketable player in this years draft, other than Brandon Jennings, who has the most charisma and swagg in the whole draft

gberg23
gberg23's picture
Well then from a few weeks

Well then from a few weeks back when I said he wasn't going to enter, I have to say I was wrong. Hopefully Harden reads that. Don, you are absolutely right on this draft no longer being so weak for all of the reasons you stated. I think Tyreke and Flynn will be solid players too.

don042488
don042488's picture
Yeah

Tyreke Evans is a cross between Larry Hughes and Aaron Mckie, while Jonny Flynn reminds me of Travis Best, only thing he's a righty and Best is a lefty. Both Evans and Flynn will be productive NBA players

cyclo
Rubio will surpass Blake as the 1st overall pick

Rubio will go #1.

Blake will go #2.

Blake is NOT a franchise player. He's Carlos Boozer.

Rubio IS a franchise player.

01adam
the first 5 teams don't have

the first 5 teams don't have a GOOD PF the wiz have jamieson but he's old and their in rebuilding mode, kings have haws and thompson ok but both finesse need a power player, clippers have zack randolph nuff said memphis has darrell arthur? OKC have no one Blake is most likely gonna go number 1 in my eyes but it's gonna depend on what team gets number 1 and until Rubio plays a game in the NBA let's not jump the gun on the franchise player tag there

B-Easy
B-Easy's picture
woohooo

is it oficial?where is the link?....
I think Clips and Kings take would take him first..remember C.Paul 3yrs ago, i'm not talking about 16ppg but i think Ricky really can be 8ast 2stls guy in his rookie year, because he is amazing it these categories!!!! and he is really good rebounder that 4per game is also possible

few days ago I said Jennigs is #1 to steal ROY from Blake and I said that this is draft with good PGs, now I can say taht EUROs going to be strong contenders for ROY and this draft in very very STRONG in PGs

M.1.0.
M.1.0.'s picture
Cool

I've also heard some others are most likely to enter the draft.
-Greg Monroe
-Jrue Holiday
-Evan Turner......Doubtful
-Sherron Collins

Joppers
Kings have a great PF

I totally disagree with o1adam's statement that Jason Thompson is a finesse player. The first think that comes to mind is, have you ever watched one second of him play? He is everything but a finesse player. He is the most aggresive, energy providing forward rookie that you can ever ask for. He is thought to be the most unexpected star rookie to submerge. (the suns even recognized his talent by wanted to trade amare for him and a 1st round pick)

On the other hand, Ricky rubio would be a perfect fit with the Sacramento Kings. With Ricky Rubio, the Kings would definitely be the best young gun team in the NBA(possibly could become a playoff team). Even now they have one of the best young teams, with the exception of Oklahoma City.

RSS: Syndicate content