This topic contains 3 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by AvatarAvatar Truett 12 years, 2 months ago.

• Author
    inukawaii8
    Participant

Ricardo Gathers just commited to Baylor Bears yesterday. I have only seen him played once, and he was an absolute beast on the inside. Let’s assume that only Perry Jones III leave for NBA, can the 2012 – 2013 Baylor team be even better than this year’s?

Acy and Anthony Jones would be graduating, but they replaced the two with Gathers and Isiah Austin. Austin is a true center who will protect the post. Though he is a bit undersized, Gathers with his strength and wide body will be a good interior offensive guy. Quincy Miller, Brady Heslip, Pierre Jackson, and Deuce Bello will all have one more year under their belt. Miller will be the go to scorer at SF. Heslip will be the shooter from outsier while Jackson be the floor general. Bello should also play a larger role next season, and should be the athletic guy that comes off the bench. 

One issue coming into this season was the PG position. A.J. Watson hasnt been what the Bears expected. Now, they have another highly rated recruit coming in at PG, LJ Rose. The guy was a top 25 prospect before he went down with injury. He is not super athletic but he has good bball fundamental, and still looks like a very good prospect. 

Overall, this 2012-2013 Baylor team looks very well balanced and have good depth. They should be a title contender next season even if Perry Jones, their best player, leaves for NBA this upcoming summer.  

tli232

First of all, Perry Jones is NOT their best NCAA player. He is their best NBA prospect though. 

Isaiah Austin’s skillset is a great fit for Quincy miller (who will play more perimeter next year in order to show scouts he’s a wing and has handles) and Brady heslip, who’ll spread the floor. All he needs to do is stick his arms up there and he’ll get 2 blocks a game minimum. because he sin’t going ot be relied on to score, he can really try to zone in on defense.

This Baylor team is certainly a pre season top 5 school in  my mind at least.

rileymcshea3
    Participant

Baylor is takin over the Longhorns in basketball and football right now…….Probably wont last long in football but will in basketball…

I also just wanna brag because I played a pickup game at 24 hour fitness and he is the real deal, he can really do it all.

and dont forget about this guy http://espn.go.com/college-sports/basketball/recruiting/player/_/id/141629/chad-rykhoek 

ESPN has him listed at 6’9 but on yahoo it says he is 6’11 but he plays in my area and i have heard that he is a legit 7 footer 

Truett
    Participant

Pierre Jackson will be their next best player or at least go to scorer…miller has a lot of talent and a sweet shot, but i havn’t seen him really beat anyone off the dribble in the games I have watched (4 of em). You need to be able to do that as a "go-to wing scorer.." 

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login