This topic contains 6 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by AvatarAvatar ahuang16 9 years, 7 months ago.

• Author
    JM40
    Participant

1. Cleveland-Giannis Antetokounmpo-fills a then big need at the 3/4 forward spot.
    2. Orlando-Michael Carter-Williams-adds the PG of the future to replace Nelson.
    3. Washington-Oladipo-fills a perimeter defense need that can play multiple positons.
    4. Charlotte-Mason Plumlee-athletic 4/5 that could be a fringe starter/key reserve.
    5. Phoenix-Nerlens Noel-fills a need at the 5 spot, especially as a rim protector.
    6. New Orleans-Ben McLemore-best talent on the board, wing depth.
    7. Sacramento-Trey Burke-insurance at PG, can also shoot and play off the ball.
    8. Detroit-Cody Zeller-4 man to compliment Drummond and back up Monroe.
    9. Utah-McCollum-scoring PG in the mold of Deron Williams, a real need.
    10. Portland-Gorgui Dieng-defensive presence and a future C.
    11. Philadelphia-Kelly Olynyk-added talent to a depleted roster.
    12. Oklahoma City-Steven Adams-long term replacement to Perkins.
    13. Boston-Tim Hardaway Jr.-legit scoring 2 guard on a roster absent on a big 2.
    14. Minnesota-Lucas Nogueira-long term back-up plan in the post.

Chilbert arenas
    Participant

I don’t understand why Charlotte would want a fringe starter/key reserve over someone like Adams who’s supposed to be a full time replacement at center for a championship contender?  I do however think it’s interesting that Plumlee has become what I thought Zeller would be. 

Chilbert arenas
    Participant

I don’t understand why Charlotte would want a fringe starter/key reserve over someone like Adams who’s supposed to be a full time replacement at center for a championship contender?  I do however think it’s interesting that Plumlee has become what I thought Zeller would be. 

festar35festar35
    festar35
    Participant

1. Cleveland – Nerlens Noel it was evident that Cleveland were not ready to compete and they had the time to wait for Noel. He would have been a great deefensive presence in Cleveland, but ultimately been traded.

2. Orlando – Victor Oladipo was the right choice here. He is a very good two-way player and fits in nicely with Orlando. He still has plenty of potential and will be a good starter at least.

3. Washington – Giannis Antetokoumpo is the guy to go with here and it would’ve been scary no doubt. Wall and him on the fast break and ability to attack the lane would have benefited Beal even further, Defensively they would have been a nightmare.

4. Charlotte – Michael Carter-Williams I could have gone with a big here, but I think that Al Jefferson and McRoberts were fantastic as starters. I have MCW here because I think he would offer a lot of what Stephenson will, only a year earlier. Walker is a scorer more than facilitator and MCW can play defense against 2-guards. Much like Dragic and Bledsoe I can see this working.

5. Phoenix – Steven Adams would be a great defensive presence for Phoenix and mobile enough to keep up offensively. He would have no doubt challenged Plumlee for starting job and been very effective in Phoenix.

6. New Orleans – Gorgui Dieng would be another nice defensive/athletic fit next to Davis. Allowing Davis to play the 4 where he belongs, I feel these two would mesh well together.

7. Sacramento – Mason Plumlee would be a solid fit next to Cousins. He works hard and is a good effort player who can get out and run. Whilst Cousins has his finese, Plumlee can just be the clean up guy.

8. Detroit – Ben McLemore is the better player than KCP and the Pistons could do with outside shooting to go with Smith, Monroe and Drummond.

9. Utah – Anthony Bennett as time went by it was evident that Favors suited C better than PF and he didn’t mesh well with Kanter. Bennet could stretch the floor and still have plenty of potential to grow.

10. Portland – Tim Hardaway Jr would have been a great scoring option off the bench, being able to help relieve Matthews and Batum who logged huge minutes. Hardaway potentially could’ve made Matthews expendable as well as doing what he does for a lesser price.

11. Philadelphia – Cody Zeller is would be a case of taking best talent available and he would be the start of the youth movement in Philly to pair with the 2014 draftees.

12. OKC – Rudy Gobert has shown great improvement and let’s face it OKC was in a position to take a risk. Gobert has great potential and would be in a position to replace Perkins much like Adams is now.

13. Boston – Trey Burke is a solid scoring PG and I think with Rondo’s injury he would have had a chance to start and show what he can do. He would go well next to defensive players like Bradley and Smart, not too mention can play off the ball a bit.

14. Minnesota – CJ McCollum was set back with injury, but he had every chance of being a nice back combo guardm with the potential to go off from time to time. Could’ve spelled both Rubio and Martin.

festar35festar35
    festar35
    Participant

1. Cleveland – Nerlens Noel it was evident that Cleveland were not ready to compete and they had the time to wait for Noel. He would have been a great deefensive presence in Cleveland, but ultimately been traded.

2. Orlando – Victor Oladipo was the right choice here. He is a very good two-way player and fits in nicely with Orlando. He still has plenty of potential and will be a good starter at least.

3. Washington – Giannis Antetokoumpo is the guy to go with here and it would’ve been scary no doubt. Wall and him on the fast break and ability to attack the lane would have benefited Beal even further, Defensively they would have been a nightmare.

4. Charlotte – Michael Carter-Williams I could have gone with a big here, but I think that Al Jefferson and McRoberts were fantastic as starters. I have MCW here because I think he would offer a lot of what Stephenson will, only a year earlier. Walker is a scorer more than facilitator and MCW can play defense against 2-guards. Much like Dragic and Bledsoe I can see this working.

5. Phoenix – Steven Adams would be a great defensive presence for Phoenix and mobile enough to keep up offensively. He would have no doubt challenged Plumlee for starting job and been very effective in Phoenix.

6. New Orleans – Gorgui Dieng would be another nice defensive/athletic fit next to Davis. Allowing Davis to play the 4 where he belongs, I feel these two would mesh well together.

7. Sacramento – Mason Plumlee would be a solid fit next to Cousins. He works hard and is a good effort player who can get out and run. Whilst Cousins has his finese, Plumlee can just be the clean up guy.

8. Detroit – Ben McLemore is the better player than KCP and the Pistons could do with outside shooting to go with Smith, Monroe and Drummond.

9. Utah – Anthony Bennett as time went by it was evident that Favors suited C better than PF and he didn’t mesh well with Kanter. Bennet could stretch the floor and still have plenty of potential to grow.

10. Portland – Tim Hardaway Jr would have been a great scoring option off the bench, being able to help relieve Matthews and Batum who logged huge minutes. Hardaway potentially could’ve made Matthews expendable as well as doing what he does for a lesser price.

11. Philadelphia – Cody Zeller is would be a case of taking best talent available and he would be the start of the youth movement in Philly to pair with the 2014 draftees.

12. OKC – Rudy Gobert has shown great improvement and let’s face it OKC was in a position to take a risk. Gobert has great potential and would be in a position to replace Perkins much like Adams is now.

13. Boston – Trey Burke is a solid scoring PG and I think with Rondo’s injury he would have had a chance to start and show what he can do. He would go well next to defensive players like Bradley and Smart, not too mention can play off the ball a bit.

14. Minnesota – CJ McCollum was set back with injury, but he had every chance of being a nice back combo guardm with the potential to go off from time to time. Could’ve spelled both Rubio and Martin.

ahuang16
      Participant

I think it is really tough to give out redrafts just after one year.  But I like the idea of Noel in Cleveland, however if they selected Drummond the year before, I would have them take Oladipo.  Giannis in Washington sounds like such a good compliment to Wall and Beal.  A lot of nice combos like Kemba and MCW, Davis and Dieng, Cousins and Plumlee.  The only change I’d make is Hardaway Jr. in McLemore’s spot but the latter might wind up being better a few years down the road.

ahuang16
      Participant

I think it is really tough to give out redrafts just after one year.  But I like the idea of Noel in Cleveland, however if they selected Drummond the year before, I would have them take Oladipo.  Giannis in Washington sounds like such a good compliment to Wall and Beal.  A lot of nice combos like Kemba and MCW, Davis and Dieng, Cousins and Plumlee.  The only change I’d make is Hardaway Jr. in McLemore’s spot but the latter might wind up being better a few years down the road.

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login