Realistic head scratchers in the 2014 Draft
Let's say the draft order remains the way it, what are some scenarios that could play out that would absolutely make you say "What just happened"
much like when Dayton and Mercer blew up NCAA brackets everywhere on day one, what picks could throw the draft Order out of wack.
1. Milwuakee-Dante Exum-with 3 top prospects on the board the Bucks swing for the fences and try to find a star in the Era of The PG
2. Philadelphia-Julius Randle-While not a terrible pick by any means, the 76ers take the safe pick at PF and pair up two hard working Kentucky Wildcats, leaving the 76ers faithful wondering what we just witnessed, and what if. Parker or Wiggins or Embiid???
3. Orlando-Marcus Smart-Again not a bad fit at all but the Magic spurn Parker/Wiggins and Embiid in the process
4. Boston-Andrew Wiggins-Falls right into the Celtics laps and fans every where would be in shock
5. Utah-Jabarri Parker-Falls right into the Jazz' hands and everyone looks up in complete disbelief as...
6. Los Angeles-Joel Embiid, no words if he drops to 6 ala Nerlens Noel
7. Sacremento-Aaron Gordon-Hey Cousins said he wanted a defensive PF to play next him.
8. Detroit-TJ Warren, again not a bad pick but many of us will say WTF.
9. Cleveland-hello Zach Lavine, goodbye Dion Waiters, likely gets traded on draft night in this scenario.
10. Denver-Hello Noah Vonleh, goodbye Kenneth Faried? We all wonder how Noah was still on the board at 10.
take TJ Warren 8th overall, I'm going to burn The Palace to the ground. There's zero chance of that even coming close to happening, and despite your assertion, yes, that is a bad pick. It's an awful pick.
if you base it on who has proven themselves/ college production warren would be a top 5 pick and a good one but if it is off of potential hes not a top 10 hed probably be 18-28 realistically he will be picked 10-23 so 8 is not a huge reach
The Cavs have a tendency for making questionable choices in the draft. I wouldn't be surprised if they take someone like TJ Warren with a top 5 pick (if the lotto favors them). Actually, nothing the Cavs do on draft day can surprise me anymore...
Not sure if they'll shock (nearly) everyone again or not, but its a new front office. There is no reason to believe they'll act the same way the old one did.
Yeah Ben was projected #1 by most publications and reporters.Chad Ford had Ben #1 on his big board the day of the 2013 NBA draft and he slipped to the Kings at #7.Noel slipped to sixth overall and Anthony got picked #1 by the Cavs and he projected at #5 or #6.Anything is possible but if Wiggins slips to #4 that would be a huge steal for any team getting him.Exum at #1 wow that would be crazy.Embiid at #6 that is a steal if healthy.My top ten has Wiggins at #1 and that is the consensus pick by most people right now.Good list though.
This draft has so many interesting possibilities that nothing would really shock me. I think the potential that Wiggins has will be too much for the Bucks to pass on. After that anything is possible especially with Hinkie. Does he go Embiid to solidify the frontcourt or Parker to give the Sixers the scorer they need so badly. Hell, he may try to trade down a few spots with Boston to get 4 and 15 or with someone else in the top ten to get their current first round pick and a future one. Seems like his plan is for the long term and he's going to stock pile picks and money for when he thinks the time is right to use them.
Whoever goes to Milwaukee, Phillie, and Cleveland is going to have a rough first couple of years. No player development there at all...
And I'd feel bad for Gordon is he goes to Sac town.
realisitically, how high can pj hairston go in this draft? he seems like a lottery possibility even though he's playing in the dleague this season.