A real mock draft (first 16 picks up to my bulls, with explanations)
1. LA Clippers: Blake Griffin (BPA)
2. Memphis Grizzlies: Hasheem Thabeet (May of taken him over Griffin supposedly; biggest need interior defense)
3. OKC Thunder: Ricky Rubio (Move Westbrook to the off guard and you have one hell of a core)
4. Sacramento Kings: Brandon Jennings (Really nice fit, need a pg)
5. Washington Wizards: Jordan Hill (May trade him, or does give them a post threat to put next to Mcgee for the future)
6. Minnesota Timberwolves: James Harden (Fits nicely with Foye; will both play combo guard roles; move Mike Miller to the sf)
7. Golden State Warriors: DeMar Derozan (Athleticism fits right into how they play)
8. NY Knicks: Stephen Curry (Already guaranteed)
9. Toronto Raptors: Tyreke Evans (Nice complement to their perimeter big men, and need a sg)
10. Milwaukee Bucks: Dajuan Blair (Scott Skiles type player, and will fit right whether Villanueva stays or leaves)
11. NJ Nets: Earl Clark (Needs are either forward position, and would be a nice fit next to Lopez)
12. Charlotte Bobcats: Gerald Henderson (A big need is sg, and he is best on the board)
13. Indiana Pacers: Eric Maynor (Larry Bird/Indiana type player, who could be pg of the future for them)
14. Phoenix Suns: Johnny Flynn (They love him, will be replacement to Nash)
15. Detroit Pistons: B.J. Mullens (No centers or any big man with Rasheed gone)
16. Chicago Bulls: James Johnson (Could be a nice 3rd forward to put behind Deng and Thomas)
the griz need interior defense, getting thabeet could solve that but marc gasol can't play pf. just coz he's a gasol doesn't mean he's got the skill set of pau. he's a center.
westbrook was great this season playing as the point guard, why make him make him an sg? westbrook averaged 5.3 assissts in 32 and a half mins a game, and in 9 times, he had double digit assissts. Rose, averaged 6.3 ast in 37 mins a game, had only 8 games where he had double digit assissts. Mario Chalmers averaged 4.9 ast in 32 mins a game. (they are the rookie pgs who started for their respective teams.)
gsw has too much of the derozan species (if i could put it that way). how many more of his kind do you want? they have c-magg, azubuike,morrow, ellis, belinelli..........
blair wont be in the lottery, i think the bucks would get henderson. i see blair going to the bulls at the 16th as the earliest. earl clark or james johnson for the nets. i don't think indiana needs another pg (jack and ford already there and i think diener too, tinsley not counted). i think indiana would go for a forward (power or small, doesn't matter, they need depth in those positions)
no way memphis straight up takes thabeet over rubio. take rubio, trade conley for a pf. or if they really want thabeet, trade wit okc or sac to get him.
The Wizards don't need Jordan Hill they already have bunch of young bigs in Andray Blatche, JaVale McGee and they still have Antawn Jamison at the 4 spot.
The Wizards for sure will take Harden who will be a good complementary for Arenas, he play very good defense and can handle the ball sometimes and make Arenas the off guard.
Im not sure if Dejuan will jump that high, with those measurements, i would be surprised. I think the Wiz could take Hill because they lack that beast on the boards. I'm not sure about Harden he might be a bust or he just can't play when it counts. I'd be hesitant to pick him, he seems like a gamble. Memphis may go for a PG themselves with all their C. Hasheem may fall to number five.
westbrook was the off-guard in college, he can play it pretty well..its not a bad thing to have two guys who will move the ball well in the backcourt, more teams are going to skill over size there these days..i think rubio/westbrook would work
as far as gasol, i know he cannot play pf, but for one thing i don't expect thabeet to play that much his first couple seasons, big men usually take a while to develop..also the grizzlies could then sign boozer/milsap with their cap space, and bring gasol in as the third big man off the bench..then trade warrick for a perimeter player
who is gs gonna take then? they don't need another scoring pg, and they took big men the last two seasons..i know it would seem like an overkill taking derozan, but i could just see them doing that
blair is at ten in many other mock drafts as well, and with such few solid big men he will move up..i think the nets take him if he gets past the bucks
and the wizards are supposedly gonna trade their pick so i mostly just put the bpa at that spot, and that would be jordan hill
memphis cant take hasheem thabeet. gasol in the center on that team and rubio would be there point guard for years to come. gay and mayo both like to shoot and rubio can set them up. you dont take the number 2 overall pick to split time with people. so okc will take thabeet instead.
i think the wizards take harden and minnesota takes hill. minnesota can answer later questions like pg,wing in the draft. hill gives them a third quality big man and maybe they should trade for a vet. i think a lot of teams would trade up for hill.
gsw will go with johnny flynn to help run the break for them. hes a tireless fastbreak player. works well with there team.
has a 7'3'' wingspan and he is 6'6''. pendergraph is 6'9'' with a 7'0'' wingspan. they would touch the ball at the same time if they were standing next to each other. i think my money would be on blair to get the rebound since he would push pendergraph outta the way. how is he undersized again. my only concern with blair would be him getting oversized but i think he likes basketball and is competitive enough to stay in shape.