A real intellectual mock draft, Version 2.0 with explanations (Picks 1-16 to my Bulls)
1. LA Clippers: Blake Griffin (duh)
2. Memphis Grizzlies: Ricky Rubio (Forces trade to Kings, they need a pg)
3. OKC Thunder: Hasheem Thabeet (Desperately need interior defense, and any presence in the paint)
4. Sacramento Kings: Jordan Hill (Traded to Grizzilies, they need a pf)
5. Washington Wizards: James Harden (Style of play will complement Agent Zero, can initiate offense allowing Gilbert to be more of a scorer)
6. Minnesota Timberwolves: Tyreke Evans (Style of play will complement Randy Foy)
7. Golden State Warriors: Brandon Jennings (Fits their run and gun system perfect)
8. NY Knicks: Stephen Curry (Guaranteed unless he is taken before this pick, he is LeBron’s bud)
9. Toronto Raptors: DeMar DeRozan (They need a wing player, and he is the best on the board; could go with Blair here also)
10. Milwaukee Bucks: DeJaun Blair (Skiles will love him, they need his interior prescence, whether they lose Villanueva or not)
11. NJ Nets: Earl Clark (Weak at the forward position, and has plenty of potential)
12. Charlotte Bobcats: Gerald Henderson (Need two guard, Larry Brown type player)
13. Indiana Pacers: Jru Holiday (Stock rising, combo guard to replace the loss of Jack)
14. Phoenix Suns: Johnny Flynn (Point guard of the future if they trade Nash, supposedly love him)
15. Detroit Pistons: BJ Mullens (Desperately need a center or any big man since Rasheed is gone)
16. Chicago Bulls: James Johnson (BPA and will fit behind Deng and Thomas (hopefully Bosh!) at the forward position)
my apologies to both of you, I hate when people spell players' names wrong, especially since people misspell my name all the time
This is a really good mock. i could see it going down exactly like that other then the Tyreke pick. I do agree with that pick though, he would be a great fit with Foye.
I like Demar to the Raps @ 9 but wouldn't mind seeing Clark or teammate Williams go there either, especially if they move Marion.
Overall , its pretty good
Read MOCK DRAFT 3.0
if DeMar is available at nine, they will not be able to pass him up..I don't really like how Clark would fit with Bosh and Bargnani, since they are all big men who like to play on the perimeter
i could see detroit taking james johnson at 15
but they already got maxiell and amir johnson(maxiell being locked up), who are each at that postion..i think they need size more
will probably try and sign boozer or millsap, which would be another power forward
good mock, but i have a couple things that i would do .
i dont believe clark will fall that far, and the nets would pick johnson (i could be wrong)
i personally dont think blair and holiday belong in the lottery
blair i believe is too undersized and i think there would be better choices at his position, and i dont think holiday proved himself enough
thats just what i think though
before this week, but this draft has so few quality big men, so blair's stock will continue to rise..and he has an enormous wingspan, i think its seven three, so size isnt that much of an issue..as for holliday, i havent seen that much of him, but ive read on multiple cites that his stock keeps going up and he even may wind up being in the top ten
seems like it can be a perfect guess.
Demar Derozen or Jrue Holiday. Curry is obviously the favorite now but derozen if he could prove he can shoot the three has such great upside it might be hard for them to pass him up and even though being on the east coast and not seeing ucla much this year, I keep hearing jrue holiday as a russel westbrook type player and Donnie loved westbrook last year. those are the two players who i think might push curry on their board.
derozen and evans could flip spots. i dont see how curry is a lock. i dont know if hes athletic enough for the nba. he will just be a spot up shooter. i could see flynn going at 7. he's all about the run and gun. if sac doesnt trade up for rubio somebody could trade up for hill and sac could still get a pg+ player. i also think jordan will pick ellington. he loves nc players and i think henderson goes to indiana
Hey rose2dabullz, there's no way Detroit will take Mullens. He had a terrible season as he demonstrated a complete lack of understanding about the game of basketball. His predecessor at Ohio State, Koufas, was much better than him and had a very decent freshman season. But check out what happened to Koufas in the NBA, he couldn't cut it. He probably played a total of 30 minutes the entire year. He'll probably wind up playing out his career in Europe.
Mullens isn't even ready for the Big Ten, let alone the NBA. He should have stayed at Ohio State at least one more year. Maybe some foolish GM will take him in the bottom third of the first round, but it will be a mistake.
no way is mullens a detroit kinda guy...alll the stuff that made him seem good in high school as bein a tall athletic white kid, were put to shame when other college bigs made him look like a soft average athlete. Huge let down and looking more like robert swift than a guy to replace rasheed. And i see the wizards tradin their pic since they alread have enough youth on the bench.
if earl clark is gone when the nets pick, i think james johnson would be their man at 11.
i like the picks but i think the grizzlies wont need a jordan hill type player, becuz they have darrell arthur who i think can become more than a decent pf
This is a good mock but I still feel like any trade clippers make will shake up this draft. That is why i havent done my mock like this yet with explanation because that Clippers pick will change everything. They could even trade other players like Kaman for a first Rounder and knocked stuff out of whack or gave randolph to a team along with Griffin to get it to work for teams that have cap space.
Good except Blair won't be a lottery pick
I disagree, I think Blair will go 9-14.
DeRozan and Evans could end up switching spots on this one, from what I watched this year in college b-ball i just know that I would take Evans..DeRozan had a couple good games the whole season
I don't really like Mullens at all either, I just feel that usually the big men get drafted higher than they are supposed to, so if Detroit did not take him, another team soon would
Blair will go at least 9-11, because he has already slimmed down 15 pounds, and added muscle..with so few big men, his stock will surely rise
With Darrell Arthur, I like him as a prospect, but when he is the starting pf for your team, your team has issues..I think the Grizzlies will draft, sign, or trade for some one to start at the pf position for them
And actually that point made that the Bobcats could take Ellington makes a lot of sense..they drafted May and Felton, so I could easily see them taking another Tar Heel with that pick
I think you are giving up on Arthur a little too early, aleast see how he does in his second season.....
I like it, particuarly the Rubio/Hill trade, which is very likely. To the people saying Blair won't be a lottery pick, I disagree. I think his stock rose immensely when Patrick Patterson made the decision to return to school, and he'll either go to Milwaukee at 10 or Indiana at 13. After Griffin and Hill, this draft has a significant dropoff in talent at the PF position. After Blair, there's James Johnson (who's kind of a SF/PF tweener), Lawal (who may return to school), Hansbrough, Taj Gibson, and Jeff Pendergraph.
Haha, I'm glad I'm not the only one who has DeRozan going to the Raps at 9. A lot of people have Earl Clark going there, but I think the Raps really need an upgrade over Anthony Parker at the SG position more than a SF like Clark (unless they don't re-sign Marion).
However, I do agree with the person who said Detroit won't take Mullens at 15. They need big man help, but they won't do it with the 15th pick unless Blair is available (which he probably won't be). I think at 15, they're gonna go with a guard to replace Allen Iverson. I don't think Detroit will re-sign Iverson, and this draft has a lot of good guards, so I'd look for them to add depth to the PG position with that pick.
They just extended Rip Hamilton's contract, Will Bynum was huge off the bench for them in the second half of last year, and there are rumors that they may have interest in Ben Gordon..and they even also drafted Afflalo a just recently..I think they should go big no matter what, even if that means trading down and taking someone
And like i said earlier, I just don't see Earl Clark as a good fit with Bargnani in the front court, along with Bosh..if all their big man on going to stand out on the perimeter and take jumpers, a slasher like DeRozan would be a better fit..and DeRozan I think can play the two or the three, if Marion did leave
I think the pistons should go Austin Daye
DeRozan would be a better fit for Clark. What about Evans?
What do u think
Read Mock Draft 3.1
i agree with most of your picks......i can see this happenin for sure....
- Picks 2-4......i can see Memphis takin Thabeet......OKC takin Rubio and then tradin Rubio, Damien Wilkins, and D.J. White to Phoenix for Amare and #14 pick...at 14 OKC takes Flynn....Phoenix really wants someone to replace Nash when he leaves......Rubio would be perfect.....not to mention, i heard Rubio sayin he wont play for OKC or Memphis...... international players wanna play for big cities....Rubio is gettin better offers abroad...Memphis wont take a shot on Rubio especially when they saw what happened to Navarro.........as for the Kings, they take Hill and sign Nate Robinson over the summer.....
- switch 15 and 16 picks