Ranking 2010's 1st round picks

TaylorCondrin
TaylorCondrin's picture
Ranking 2010's 1st round picks

From 1-30 the rankings are on affectiveness thus far as a rookies...1st rd. picks are graded only...we know, we know, landry has been great

1) John Wall

2) DeMarcus Cousins

3) Wesley Johnson

4) Greg Monroe

5) Evan Turner

6) Ed Davis

7) Paul George

8) Derrick Favors

9) Eric Bledsoe

10) Al-Farouq Aminu

11) Xavier Henry

12) Larry Sanders

13) Ekpe Udoh

14) Trevor Booker

15) Kevin Seraphin

16) Greivis Vasquez

17) Damion James

18) Lazar Hayward

19) Patrick Patterson

20) Gordon Hayward

21) Cole Aldrich

22) Quincy Pondexter

23) Dominique Jones

24) Craig Brackins

25) Luke Babbitt

26) Jordan Crawford

27) Avery Bradley

28) James Anderson

29) Elliot Williams

30) Daniel Orton

LazarusMunoz
Xavier Henry is way too

Xavier Henry is way too high...Seems like he's been injured all year and when he has played he hasnt really done much

blackflash234

Jordan Crawford is too low. In limited action, he's been productive .

ghettosermon
ghettosermon's picture
Booker is a guy I am really

Booker is a guy I am really impressed with. Thought that he was a 2nd rounder, an intangibles kind of guy, and he is, but when given minutes he's an absolute monster. Great athlete with long arms, blocks shots, rebounds, plays the passing lanes, and he even is explosive towards the rim. He will be a very solid NBA player.

Cardinal_Fan
Gordon Hayward has impressed

Gordon Hayward has impressed me so far. i seriously thought he was a maaajor reach an that Paul George or Xavier Henry would have been better fits and added the athleticism an shooting that Utah needs on the wing. But now that i have watched him throughout the season i think he will be a pretty solid pro.

TC_42
TC_42's picture
Good list, but I think James

Good list, but I think James Anderson is maybe too low. He's been injured, I know, but when he was on the court he was contributing on the best team in the league.

I think next year he will climb up this list (if he's healthy).

Mr. 19134
Mr. 19134's picture
I like the list except you

I like the list except you would have to switch Turner and Wes Johnson. Tell me how Wes Johnson has been more affective then Turner because he scores one bucket more a game? Turner plays 24 minutes and get 7.3ppg, 4.3rpg, 2.1apg and shoots 42% from the field and 80% from the foul line. Johson 27 minutes, 9.3, 3, 2 n shoots 41% fg, and 67% FT. But Johnson always plays on a team that has won 24% of their games and has a green light to shoot. Turner is playing for a team that has won 51% of their games and has a plus/minus rating of nearly 200 better then Wes Johsnon.

You put Turner on the Wolves and his stats wouldn't even compare to what Wes is averaging, Turner would be averaging significantly better numbers across the board and his cerabral approach to the game, and winning mentality would certainly of provided that team with more wins.

And even tho Johnson get's more of an opportunity to play and show his skill set his career highs are 24 points, 8 rebounds, and 5 assists. In limited action Turner's career highs are 23 points, 12 rebounds, and 8 assists. There were atleast 3 games this season where Turner would of had a triple double if Collins left him in, he has gotten 14, 8, 8 twice in under 30 minutes of action. Turner in fact last night against the Wolves played stiffling defense on Beasley nonetheless but even in a blowout win over the Wolves Turner only got 19 minutes, and went 5-8 for ten points, and was taking out in the 4th right after he hit his only 2 shots of the quarter one to tie the game, and the 2nd to take the lead. Why Collins plays Meeks over Turner so much is beyond me.

BKKnicksfan
BKKnicksfan's picture
Quick question: How is Evan

Quick question: How is Evan Turner 5th? I think Bledsoe, Davis and George are all having better seasons IMO.

Mr. 19134
Mr. 19134's picture
Are you serious? I suppose

Are you serious? I suppose you mean in better seasons that Bledsoe, Davis, and George all play for terrible teams and get to run up and down the court chucking up shots without any accountaibility is that what you mean by better season? I suppose by your standards that Demarcus Cousins is playing better basketball then Landry Fields becauase he averages more points on a team that won't win 20 games.

Let's match up Turner and George because they play the same position.

George in 3 games vs. Sixers: 4 ppg, 2.3 rebounds, 1 assists average. 45% FG.

Turner in 3 games vs. Pacers: 11.7 ppg, 5.0 rebounds, 2.0 apg. 48% FG.

Bledsoe is a good comparison because he has actually played in as many games as Turner and they bother average 24 mpg so let's see how they stack up.

Bledsoe: 6.6 ppg, 2.9 rpg, 3.9 apg, 2.5 turovers per game. 39% FG. Clippers 22-40

Turner: 7.3 ppg, 4.3 rpg, 2.1 apg, 1.0 turnovers per game. 42% FG. Sixers 31-30

So what makes Bledsoe better? Turner could get 4 apg too if he got a chance to fly up and down the court throwing the ball anywhere near the rim for Blake Griffin, or Deandre Jordan to just leap over 2 people to grab the ball out of mid air and dunk it.

And neither George or Bledsoe have a higher efficiecny rating then Turner or play on a team with more wins.

Ed Davis has been a pleasent surprise tho, he is playing really efficient basketball. He averages 6.6 PPG, 6.7 RPG, and shoots a whopping 61% from the field. He get's to play alongside a 7'1 center who struggles to get 5 rebounds in a game, and is rarely sighted anywhere near the rim. Ed Davis is the only player on the Raptors who cares about rebounding so they're all his. He get's 2.3 O Rebounds a game which are good for 4 of his points a game, and the other bucket is from his crashing the lane and getting a nice soft Calderon pass to dunk. Davis also averages nearly 3 fouls a game, and shoots 54% from the foul line. Despite all that his career rebounding high so far is 14 just 2 more then Turner who plays SG, and Davis has never scored more then 20 points in a game. He is not capably of doing that yet, hence the reason the Raptors don't even have 20 wins yet.

So how are these players having a better year?

BKKnicksfan
BKKnicksfan's picture
Are you serious? I suppose

Are you serious? I suppose you mean in better seasons that Bledsoe, Davis, and George all play for terrible teams and get to run up and down the court chucking up shots without any accountaibility is that what you mean by better season? I suppose by your standards that Demarcus Cousins is playing better basketball then Landry Fields becauase he averages more points on a team that won't win 20 games.

Not really. Cousins is having a better rookie season then Fields, Fields has been more consistant, which allowed him to stay on the court more. I've seen Turner play alot of games and he just average at this point. He isn't a good shooter, at all. Earlier in the season, he was rebounding really well and passing effecently. Now, the only thing I respect him on his defense, that's about it. He hasn't had a great season, at all.

Ed Davis should be a starter. I think he's that good, he has a solid nose for the ball off rebounds, he doesn't give in on defense and actually has developed a couple lost post moves. I'd argue he's the second best rookie rebounder behind DeMarcus Cousins. That along with the fact he's a legit 6-10 and isn't a stiff, I think he's had a better rookie season so far then Evan Turner

Eric Bledsoe is actually a solid point guard, he averaged 4 assist because the Clippers, other then Blake Griffin don't have players that are players needing to get set up. The Clippers are 17th in assists. Did I mention Baron Davis was playing a bulk of the PT because he fit more with Blake AND he found DeAndre Jordan more as well. If you gave Bledsoe 30 mpg, he'd be providing better assists numbers, but he's currently still a freshman point guard, due to the fact he didn't run the point in college.

Paul George is better to me for a couple reasons. For one, he's a good scorer, I beleive George is a great scorer but the issue is he cannot play shooting guard. He isn't a fast defender, lacks the ability to back pedal or get into position for charges on shooting guards. When Indiana goes into a Collison-Rush-George-Granger-Hibbert lineup (which they have under the interm coach, Frank Vogel) George at times have been lighting people up.

I'd rank them George-Davis-Bledsoe Turner. By the way, they don't play the same position. Turner is a shooting guard, George is NOW a small forward

The lake show2
The lake show2's picture
Bledsoe has shown to be a

Bledsoe has shown to be a solid back up but he hasn't really done much to warrant being higher than Turner.

Cousins has had a better season scoring wise than Landry but overall he has not been a better player when you take into account defense and importance to the team they play on this year.

Turner hasn't scored the ball as expected but he is doing the same or better than these other rookies except he contributes to a winning team. i suspect he would play better on a bad team like those other rookies are doing but thats something we will never know

And Blesode is giving you four ast but also turning it over 3 times

BKKnicksfan
BKKnicksfan's picture
Cousins has had a better

Cousins has had a better season scoring wise than Landry but overall he has not been a better player when you take into account defense and importance to the team they play on this year.

Because Landry is a #4 and Cousins is a #2 on their teams. That's it. Landry plays D, but he has been killed in some games. He isn't Bruce Bowen. Cousins is the second best player on Sacramento, a team that sucks. Put them both as #2 or #4 options, Cousins laps him everytime.

The lake show2
The lake show2's picture
He's not a top defender but

He's not a top defender but he is good. Cousins is a below average defender at best. Not because he cant but he's just lazy when it comes to that part. Luckily he doesn't have to deal with many real good centers like fields having to deal with a good shooting guard almost every night

RSS: Syndicate content