This topic contains 9 replies, has 10 voices, and was last updated by AvatarAvatar Biggysmalls 7 years, 9 months ago.

• Author
    2quick4u
    Participant

so how would you rank this list?

giannis antetokounmpo

carmelo anthony  

harrison barnes

nicolas batum

kevin durant

danilo gallinari

rudy gay

paul george 

gordon hayward

brandon ingram

lebron james

kawhi leonard

chandler parsons

ben simmons

andrew wiggins

juves4783
    Participant

1.  james

2.  durant

3.  leonard

4.  george

5.  giannis

6.  wiggins

7.  anthony

8.  batum

9.  hayward

10.  parsons

11.  barnes

12.  gallo

13.  gay

14.  simmons

15.  ingram

steviechillz
    Participant

So “rank NBA 16-17 SF position” is a little vague…my list is ranking them based on best overall value to a team for the 16-17 season. Also, feel like Jabari Parker and possibly Jae Crowder should belong somewhere in this list, but I will just go off your choices:

1) LeBron James(still the best around)
    2) Kawhi Leonard(there’s no better two way player in the league)
    3) KD
    4) Paul George
    5) Giannis Antetokounmpo(might be an unpopular pick, but you can’t teach his playmaking and athleticism)
    6) Melo(still a top one-on-one player in the league today)
    7) Wiggins(could take a huge step this year)
    8) Hayward
    9) Simmons(if his scoring can keep up with his god-gifted passing ability…)
    10) Batum
    11) Barnes
    12) Gallo
    13) Ingram(skinny shooter that might get pushed around next year)
    14) Gay
    15) Parsons

iCalledBank
    Participant

lebron

durant

kawhi

pg13

greek freak

batum

melo

hayward

barnes

rudy gay / wiggins

then the rest outside the top ten…

If the suns go knight and bledsoe 1-2 w booker at the 3 id throw booker in the 10 spot with wiggins

JordanC20
    Participant

1. LeBron James

2. Kevin Durant

3. Paul George

4. Carmelo Anthony

5. Kawhi Leonard

6. Ben Simmons

7. Gordon Hayward

8. Andrew Wiggins

9. Giannis Antetokounmpo

10. Brandon Ingram

11. Rudy Gay

12. Nic Batum

13. Harrison Barnes

14. Chandler Parsons

15. Danilo Gallinari

festar35festar35
    festar35
    Participant

#1 – LeBron James – The way he played in the Finals was nothing short of impressive and he hasn’t shown any signs of slowing down. He along with Kyrie will do the heavy lifting again so have ample opportunity to keep playing his game.

#2 – Paul George – Now I know that people probably won’t agree (Not too mention he plays for my Pacers) but hear me out. Larry Bird has built a team around Paul George up until this point it was PG who was required to fit into the system I think with McMillan coming in and the rebuild it is made for him to succeed. All though Indiana is more improved unlike LeBron he doesn’t have a 2nd elite talent next to him (Turner hopefully in a couple years) so there is a lot riding on PG who almost forced Toronto out of the playoffs with his 1st round play.

#3 – Kevin Durant – This doesn’t have so much to do with his talent as it does the talent around him. You have Stephen Curry, Klay Thompson and Draymond Green. While I expect Durant to be very efficient I just don’t see him putting up the shots like he use to or playing the minutes as I can see GSW blowing teams out early on a regular basis. Were he still in OKC or a team like Boston he would have a bigger role and be able to show more of his talent.

#4 – Kawhi Leonard – Kind of like KD he has nice talent around him and plays within a very team orientated system. I still feel Aldridge is the primary scorer on that team and with Gasol and Parker still capable of scoring at a good clip I don’t see Kawhi’s numbers being to different than last year.

#5 – Jimmy Butler – I love Jimmy Butler despite the fact he plays for the Bulls and think he will be just as good at SF as he was at SG. I think we see him take a few more 3’s this year with Rondo and Wade driving/dishing ability. He is still an absolute beast of a defender and a hard worker, I think PG, Kawhi and Him will be going head to head for many years yet.

treytalkssports.com
    Participant
    1. Lebron
    2. Durant
    3. George
    4. Leonard
    5. Melo
    6. Giannis
    7. Batum
    8. Parsons
    9. Hayward
    10. Harris (not included)
    11. Iggy (not included) 
    12. Simmons
    13. Gay
    14. Gallinari
    15. Crowder (not included)
    16. Bazemore (not included)
    17. Barnes
    18. Aminu (not included) 
    19. Deng (not included)
    20. Ariza (not included)
    21. Ingram

trelos6
    Participant

1. LBJ – Best player in the game

2. KD – Best scorer and can play amazing defense also (see Warriors series)

3. Kawhi – Best defender in the league, can also light it up

4. PG – Great 2 way player

5. Melo – Great scorer, probably second best on this list behind KD

6. Hayward – Plays good D, decent ball handler, can run an offense

7. Batum – Plays good D, can light it up

8. Giannis – Runs the offense for the Bucks

9. Barnes – Good D, needs to be more involved in the offense, great opportunity in Dallas

10. Gay – Say what you will, he can score well, yet inefficient, and plays ok D

11. Parsons – Good scorer and shooter.

12. Gallo – Good scorer, shooter, needs to be less injury prone

13. Wiggins – Decent scorer, good D, needs to be more assertive.  Will rocket up this list next year

14. Simmons – Rookie.  Looks good at running the offense, let’s see him do it in the league

15. Ingram – Young rookie with potential.

wonzi_bells
    Participant

1. Durant – In that Warriors offense, I think it’ll become evident that he’s even better than Curry in it since he can do the off-the dribble stuff, catch-and-shoots and the one thing that Curry isn’t elite at, which is going to the rim.

2. LeBron – I guess when absolutely needed, he’s still the best but as the years go by, we’ll say this less and less.

3. Kawhi – Still needs to become a true go-to offensive threat but one of the best all-around players in the game.

4. George – Also one the best all-around players but still needs to become more efficient.

5. Giannis – Coming in with an even more breakthrough season next year since they’ve built a team more in his image

6. Batum – I can see a rise in his scoring seeing that they lost on Jefferson, Lin and Lee after already coming off a career year.

7. Melo – Finally came down to the low 20s in PPG last year, signs of aging. Also, blocked at playing significant minutes at power forward since Noah and Porzingis are there. Efficiency will probably take a bounce back up though with all the new additions

8. Hayward

9. Wiggins – Got to get use to Thibs. I believe he’ll be a league average three-point shooter though at 33%

10. Parsons

11. Gallinari

12. Gay

13. Barnes – Won’t be able to play the four in the Mavs’ best lineups since Dirk is there and the gravity of the Splash Bros will probably hurt his 3 pt shooting

14. Simmons – Typically, rookies aren’t actually good. He’ll probably have some really inefficient numbers.

15. Ingram – Same as Simmons

Biggysmalls
    Participant

1. LeBron – been wanting to put Durant ahead of him for about 3 years now but James just keeps on keepin on.

2. Durant – don’t think the "one ball" thing will be a problem as I think Durant will average around the same amount of points with GS on less shots. 

3. George – showed in that Toronto series how good he is. Think the Pacers push for a top four seed in the East.

4. Leonard – best defender on the wing in the NBA but even as good as his offense his, I don’t see the explosive scorer that the other three ahead of him are. He’s super efficient and super consistent though. 

5. Butler – Think he’s become a tad overrated as a defender from his early years but he’s still very good on that end. His offensive game has evolved. Want to see him be a better shooter and less ball-dominant though. 

6. Hayward – A step below the rest of the group defensively, but hes a very good offensive player. Good shooter, good passer, slasher…does it all. Solid all around. 

7. Wiggins – think he takes a big step this year on the defensive end. hasnt been as good as his reputation on that end. Despite not having a good outside shot, he showed he can score. Want to see him do more than just put up points though. Think this year he does. KAT in MN has ppl sleeping on Wiggins

8. Melo – Still a very good scorer. Not much beyond that. Will be interesting to see if he can lead this Knicks team to the playoffs. The cast around him – if healthy – is good enough. So he shouldn’t have any excuses. 

9. Giannis – Probably passes Melo by the end of the season. Good defender, though I think he gets a tad overrated because of his freakish upside and skill set. Doesn’t need a great outside shot, but think he’ll give the Bucs 15 ppg, 8 rpg, 6 apg. 

10. Parsons – could probably go with Batum here but if both are healthy, I’ll say Parsons has the better year. Think he’ll be able to flourish playing beside Gasol and Conley where Batum is asked to do more. 

11. Batum

12. Gallinari

13. Crowder

14. Iggy

15. Barnes

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login