R-DOT-13 MOCK DRAFT PLEASE READ AND COMMENT!!!!!
1. Clippers: Blake Griffin: Enough Said
2. Grizzlies: Ricky Rubio: Dont take thabeet becaue of gasol playing the 5, and they take rubio here to play the point.
3. Thunder: Hasheem Thabeet: Need a center big time, so they take a good big man, with westbrook, durant, and green filling up the score sheet.
4. Kings: James Harden: Can come in and be a good scoring threat along with Martin
5. Wizards: Brandon Jennings; Let areans play the 2 and score without playing the poing. jennings helps out arenas and the wizards.
6. T'Wolves: Jordan Hill: Too bad, you missed out on jennings, but you pass on maynor here to hope that Mill, Teague or lawson is still on teh board with your #18 pick. You take and athletic big that can compliment Jefferson.
7. Warriors: Eric Maynor: Move ellis to the 2, and bring in a very good point guardwho can be very very good for the warriors right away.
8. Knicks: Steph Curry: Lets continue
9. Raptors: Demar Derozan: An athletic wing player who plays the 2 whivh is what the raptors really need, can be very good in a couple years.
10. Bucks: Chase Budinger: With redds injury problems, can bring in a good replacement and fill this role well. good shooter with great athleticism. Ellington could also be picked here.
11.Nets: James Johnson: Can play the 3 or 4 and be a good scorer with scorers around him on the nets.
12. Bobcats: Earl Clark: Can come in and play the 4 for them, with wallace at the 3 and okafor at the 5.
13. Pacers: Gerald Henderson: Gerald Henderson: Jack isnt really a 2, so Gerald can come in and possibly start for them .
14. Suns: Jonny Flynn: Nash is leaving soon, so Flynn can learn from him and be the pg of the future for the suns.
15. Pistons: Gani Lawal: Detroit.. its time to rebuild, take a very good post player with good potential, and can be good in the pistons future.
16. Bulls: Wayne Ellington: Playoff contenders, take an NCAA tournament champion, that can also play good minutes off the bench.
17. 76ers: Jrue Holiday: Miller is aging, so they take a good young point guard, with loads of potential in holiday.
18. T'Wolves: Jeff Teague: Best pg available, comes in and starts for them, and can shine here. Lawson and mills are other picks.
19. Hawks: Omri Casspi:Already have solid 1,2,4,5 but lack a little at the 3, casspi can help out there.
20. Jazz: Tyreke Evans: Utah is excited he dropped, can help out big time here, with improved jumper can be great.
21. Hornets: Terrence Williams: 2 is the only spot they are a little weak, T-Will can really help out here.
22. Mavericks: Ty Lawson: Kiddi s almost done, so Lawson comes in and will soon take over the pg role. Mills can be picked here aswell.
23. Kings: Patrick Mills: Went with harden earlier, Mills can really help out and be very good playing the point for them with harden and martin.
24. Blazers: Rodrique Beaubois: Pg is a spot that needs help, and i think he can be very very good for portland, other picks are jerrells, douglas and collison.
25. Thunder: Dionte Christmas: Already went big, so now they pick the christmas who can be a very good scorer for them, and help out a lot, the thunder could contend for playoffs next year.
26. Bulls: BJ Mullens: Already filled at every position, they take a chance with mullens and hope it works out .
27. Grizzlies: Dejuan Blair: With needed help at the 4, blair can come in and help out the grizzlies.
28. T'Wolves: Derrick Brown: With their 3rd pick in the 1st round, they take the very skilled forward out of xavier. Young, summers and jerebko are also possibilities.
29. Lakers: Curtis Jerrells: Fisher is almost gone, and i dont know about farmar, Jerrells can be a steal here. Douglas and Collison are possibilities.
30. Cavaliers: Marcus Thornton: Already have lebron, williams, west, and a good team already, they take the BPA. Other possibilities, Taylor, Adrien, Collison, Jerebko, Summers, Gibson, Young, Douglas.
2nd round sleepers:
I have a few problems:
If Harden and Martin play together where do they each play?? Both 2s.
How does Minnesota take another power forward. Theyd be playing with 3 of them.
A little high for Maynor, not the athlete that normally flourishes in the system.
I prefer Tyreke to Chase. Although not the shooter that Chase is, he brings much more to the table.
I like the rest of your lottery though
what about josh smith?
seems like a fairly sound 3.
they need a PG and C so they can move horford back to the 4.
Should take 'sheed as a FA and draft a good PG.
dont know if reke will fall that far, nor will blair or mullens
i like thunder taking a risk on christmas. dunno if he could start right away though? 6th man perhaps with thabo starting? could probly get him in second round though
i think OKC need to get Ibaka over from europe to put at 4 with Thabeet at 5, bringing green off the bench.
Would be brilliant.
......took the words right outta my mouth. also you have some other players going way to high, and teams drafting players they don't need when they have other postions they need help in, also no way in hell evan drops to 20.
...but overall I like it!
Blair WILL NOT fall that far. He is an ELITE offensive rebounder. Even if he is nothing else, which I think isn't the case, he will be a monster on the glass. Reggie Evans with a brain and a much, much, higher basketball IQ at the worst. I think that he will bring an offensive package to the NBA as well. The Bulls will not take Mullins if Blair is still on the board, especially based on their "Final Four" mentality (Elite 8's really close). You got it right with the comment after Ellington though, Bulls love NCAA champions, but GOD I hope we don't take him at 16. I think that we could get him in the 20's, but I could be way off.
I think that the Grizz will take Thabeet, Harden will go to OKC, and Sac will have Rubio slip to them at 4. Of course, what the Grizzlies do is still a HUGE mystery at this point but I don't think that Sacramento will take Harden anyways. Jennings would make more sense, but if not him I still don't see them taking a SG since that is their only REAL strength right now.
If the Timberwolves take Jordan Hill, a PF, and don't trade him I will honestly feel like they are trying to lose. It really is like the Detroit Lions taking wide receivers, except there is room for 3 WR in a starting line-up. There is not room for 3 TRUE PF's!
I like what you did with Maynor here, because in my opinion after Rubio and Jennings I really have no idea who will go next out of the PG's with Flynn, Maynor, Holiday, Teague, Lawson, Mills, and Curry (although I don't think that he slips out of the Top 10, but either to NY, TOR, or MIL). If 2 guys slip into the Top 10 ahead of Curry I wouldn't be surprised, and Tyreke Evans is the opposite of the usual "tweener" in that he HAS the size to be a SG but his skills translate better when he has the ball in his hands. So, I don't agree with you on Maynor, but I don't think that I am right. I am just kinda going with my gut on who takes which PG, and I don't know if any of us will really know until draft night which PG's are favored by the teams in need of a point man.
I also think that you have Tyreke Evans going WAY too low, I don't think he slips out of the lottery. If he does, and the Bulls let him slide past #16 and take Wayne Ellington instead, I will puke up my own kidney.
Also, I don't know what the hell to think about Gani Lawal, but I don't think he'll go to the Pistons at 15. But, overall I like what you have to say here.
Josh Smith is NOT a small foward his shot is too broke, dude needs to use some of his cash and hire a shooting coach or something........
Smith needs to get a jumper before he becomes a true 3,
i believe that martin at 6'7 has the height to play the 3 position with harden at the 2.
and for evans..
i think the bulls are so well rounded, that if they brought an experienced shooter to pay off the bench it should be good.
evans isnt the type of player that could come off the bench, he could come n and play a lot of minutes for utah.
I'm not sold on Maynor or Curry. I personally think Flynn and Holiday are both better pg prospects.
I doubt the Kings take Harden. Harden is strictly a sg at the NBA level and that is where Martin plays. I think they go with Hill personally.
Evans is too low. For starters, he should be ahead of Ellington in my book as far as the sg's go. Maybe even ahead of Buddinger as well.
With Memphis in need of a PF, does anybody think on draft night if they can't pull of a trade that they will reach for Jordan Hill!?!?! That may be the surprise of the night
Any chance Sacromento goes for Jennings at 4? He is a bay area kid I believe. Jenningas will be able to run his own team. And then that gives Sacromento a workable "CORE" with Jennings, Martin, Thompson, and Hawes. And Jennings is their PG of the future. What do you think?
-I doubt, with all the rumors swirling, that Rubio ends up at 2 with the Grizzlies. If he does, expect a trade to Sacramento or Washington to be in the making.
-The Kings have a more pressing need at PG, so taking another shooter to take shots away from Kevin Martin/Francisco Garcia would not be their best move...but, we are talking about Sacramento after all, so it wouldn't shock me.
-Maynor is too high. If he does go in the lottery, i suspect a late-lotto selection like Indiana.
-Omri Casspi. I know next to nothing about him, so I just don't like that pick. The Hawks could go with Terrence Williams, a multi-talented player, or Sam Young (who is really improving his stock from what I hear).
-Rodrigue Beaubois. Again, know next to nothing about him, so I just don't like the pick. Especially if Darren Collison is still on the board.
I know this seems like quite a few arguments, but I like this mock as a whole. Ellington to Chicago, Lawal to Detroit and Lawson to Dallas are my favorites.
I'm a big blair fan and no way he falls past 16 to chicago. He'll go as high as 9 to toronto or as low as 16. No way sac takes harden over a pg, dont count out holiday for that pick. ATL can absolutley cannot take a sf, especially a euro who may not come over. They have to take the best available pg period. Also summers will be picked in the first round, there have been rumors that teams loves his IQ and athleticsm.
1st off- Love the Harden pick...unless they get a PG in FA (Kidd, Bibby Sessions or Felton) it wont happen.
Maynor is too high. I think if GS moves down, its a good pick
Holiday is too low...he may go top 5
Capssi is a 3 so the Hawks may look more PG (I understand why u put him there tho...u see Smith as more of a 4)
Christmas is not going that high, Evans wont go that low
I love the Jordan Hill pick ( he could play C and move love to the bench?)
Holiday: I wasnt too sure about this guy, and i was actually gonna move him up higher in my mock, but i decided to keep him in mid-first round until i find out a little more about him, and he moves up a little higher on this sites mock. expect him higher in my next mock.
Maynor: He may seem a little high, but the warriors need a pg, and i think maynor can come in and be good right from the start. I think that Holiday is a possibility here, and Jennings would be perfect if still on teh board.
Hawks: I believe that if the go 1 or 3 here it would be a good pick, if tehy go 1 lawson and mills are good choises.
I think Christmas is a possibly 1st round sleeper, and could go late to the Thunder because they arent too strong at the 2.
Evans: I was also thinking possiblities for the 13 and the 16, and even though i dont like hendersons game, i see him going lottery, and i think that ellington is a possiblity at 16 because of championship experience, 15 to detroit is an option too, but in the 17-19 range, sg isnt a big time need.
hawks need a pg
they do, but they arent that strong at the sf either, unless they put smith there.
they could also pick mills/lawson at 19.
How you gonna say Hawks need a PG..and on my mock you said they dont need Lawson.
yeah, im wondering about that