Questions that will be answered in tonight Rockets vs Pelicans Game.
Arguably the most exciting game on today (at least for me) is the pelicans vs rockets game.
We'll be able to see
1. How Dwight fits with Houston?
2. How has Anthony Davis improved this off-season?
3. Hows the back-court situation in New Orleans going to be like?
Them plus many more questions will be answered.
Basketball is Back, can't wait for tonight.
1. I think that Dwight Howard actually fits with the Houston Rockets, something that I didn't see at all last year with the Los Angeles Lakers. The Harden-Howard pick-and-roll system will be lethal, and I honestly think that this team has to potential to contend for a championship as long as they can co-exist. Sometimes, that is easier said than done, but I think James Harden will be a better teammate for Dwight than Kobe was. After all, Harden was never selfish whenever it came to playing with Kevin Durant and Russell Westbrook - two of the games best.
2. I think Anthony Davis will be improved offensively, I just want to know if he is finally healthy. He had nagging injuries in his rookie campaign that led him to only average about 28 minutes per game, which seemed rather low for the #1 overall pick in a stacked NBA Draft class.
3. I think that the backcourt duo of Holiday and Gordon will struggle with some chemistry issues early on, but I think that they will get things figured out early on in the season. They need to if they want to contend in the very deep Western Conference.
Should be interesting to see how Tyreke gels with the Pelicans.
Can't wait for the season, the off-season has gone on forever!
1. Howard fits perfectly with Lin, Harden and Parsons, my question is how will Howard mesh with his big man partner? I think he would fit well with Jones, however him ad Asik could make a devastating defensive duo. To me a motivated Howard is a great player to have on any team and I think Harden and Parsons will benefit greatly from his presence.
2. I think we see an improved offensive game, not just because of his work this offseason but just due to the fact more confidence in his game. Davis will be looked at as the defensive anchor of the Pelicans and I think he will have a similar defensive year to Larry Sanders last.
3. I am excited, if Gordon is healthy I think Holiday and him work very well together as a combo, Evans is a different story as I think he will see 30mins+ at a combo of 1,2 & 3 throughout the season. I think Gordon goes back to being an efficient 18-19ppg scorer and I think Holiday could potentially get a double double year.
I would also start Davis at C and Anderson at PF to see how they go, Who is the likely starting frontcourt in New Orleans since Lopez is gone?
This may come as a shock to people, but I would like to see Greg Stiemsma start at the 5. I don't think Davis ever will have the bulk to defend big centres like Marc Gasol. Stiemsma is a terrific low post defender, and would provide a lot of blocks. He started a few games last year for the wolves and is a solid rebounder and defender - which is all we really need. That would also give us a killer bench with Tyreke, Ryan and Jason Smith.
Who do you think is starting PF by all-star break for Rockets?
Ryan Anderson probably would be ideal for them, the closest they have to Anderson is probably Donatas Motiejunas. That would just space the floor for Dwight.
The game im most interested in seeing tonight is The Bulls-vs-Pacers....Indiana coach Frank Vogel said it has a playoff feel and its the biggest preseason game of all time....lol...Both teams are expected to challenge the Heat in the East...
This game marks the return of Derrick Rose and Danny Granger...Both players are expected to play...Coach Thibs said he will play Rose in two to three 6 to 8 minute segments...Noah will sit for the Bulls.....A backcourt of Butler and Rose is going to be nasty!!