This topic contains 10 replies, has 5 voices, and was last updated by AvatarAvatar druneave3 9 years, 10 months ago.

• Author
    Grandmama
    Participant

Anyone else get the feeling this draft could be like the ’84 draft (Bowie over Jordan), the ’03 draft (Darko over Carmelo and Wade), or even the ’07 draft (Oden over Durant)?  And what I mean by that is, if Embiid goes first, do you think Wiggins or Parker will have a drastically better career?  Or even Wiggins over Parker, or vice versa?  I really like all three as prospects, but it’s unlikely that all three turn out to be stars.  They very well could, but a lot of times prospects don’t live up to expectations, either because of inability to maximize potential or due to injury.  There are question marks surrounding all three, Embiid’s back, Wiggins’ poor jump shooting and lack of handles, Parker’s average playmaking ability and poor shot selection.

Obviously it’s a very subjective question at this point, but I kind of get the feeling one of those guys will be a superstar and may really make a team regret drafting the wrong guy.

r377r377
    r377
    Participant

There are plenty of questions. Most of these kids only played one or two seasons of college ball. They are still young and developing……

r377r377
    r377
    Participant

There are plenty of questions. Most of these kids only played one or two seasons of college ball. They are still young and developing……

Grandmama
      Participant

Nowhere near answering the question, or adding anything in terms of the discussion I wanted to start.  Thanks for the input though!!

Grandmama
      Participant

Nowhere near answering the question, or adding anything in terms of the discussion I wanted to start.  Thanks for the input though!!

Ballinmvp
    Participant

I think embiid will be a monster if he stays healthy, honestly once he becomes that knock down mid range shooter, combined with his post moves and defense, he could be a superstar. Wiggins scares me, he out of the 3 has the biggest chance to fail to live up to expectations, I watched every Kansas game of the season. The natural talent to be a star is there but he needs to protect the ball more and find better ways to score off the bounce if he wants to be special. I think parker will be the 2nd best player in the draft and a periennial Allstar, the more I watched him play the more I saw how much of a scorer he can become. His ball handling at basically 6’9 is amazing and he wants the ball in his hands in crunch time. He can score in a variety of ways and I feel once he learns to dominate in the mid post and when he has mismatchs on offense, he will take off.

Ballinmvp
    Participant

I think embiid will be a monster if he stays healthy, honestly once he becomes that knock down mid range shooter, combined with his post moves and defense, he could be a superstar. Wiggins scares me, he out of the 3 has the biggest chance to fail to live up to expectations, I watched every Kansas game of the season. The natural talent to be a star is there but he needs to protect the ball more and find better ways to score off the bounce if he wants to be special. I think parker will be the 2nd best player in the draft and a periennial Allstar, the more I watched him play the more I saw how much of a scorer he can become. His ball handling at basically 6’9 is amazing and he wants the ball in his hands in crunch time. He can score in a variety of ways and I feel once he learns to dominate in the mid post and when he has mismatchs on offense, he will take off.

max23
    Participant

I think an healthy Embiid is the best bet to be a star honestly.

The guy that would scare me if i was a bucks fan is Parker.2 reasons:

-against 14 teams in top 90 in defense,he shot 40%,and 33% from 3.Obviously destroyed weaker competition to pad his stats…

-Wiggins improved noticeably at least as a jump shooter from beginning of season to end.Parker was awesome in beginning of season,even as a passer.But when his jump shor abandonned him,instead of taking advantage of extra attention to create for teammates,just shot more…I will give him credit for going more to the hole when his jump shot wasnt working,but ive never seen him really blow by athletic,close to nba defenders.

For all i know though,him losing fat,we will see a way more explosive Parker who wont rely on his jumpshot

max23
    Participant

I think an healthy Embiid is the best bet to be a star honestly.

The guy that would scare me if i was a bucks fan is Parker.2 reasons:

-against 14 teams in top 90 in defense,he shot 40%,and 33% from 3.Obviously destroyed weaker competition to pad his stats…

-Wiggins improved noticeably at least as a jump shooter from beginning of season to end.Parker was awesome in beginning of season,even as a passer.But when his jump shor abandonned him,instead of taking advantage of extra attention to create for teammates,just shot more…I will give him credit for going more to the hole when his jump shot wasnt working,but ive never seen him really blow by athletic,close to nba defenders.

For all i know though,him losing fat,we will see a way more explosive Parker who wont rely on his jumpshot

druneave3
    Participant

Embiid has only played basketball for a few years but it is incredible how much he already understands the game. He’s got the size and athleticism. Sure he could bust/injuries while Wiggins/Parker go on to have great careers but all 3 and others from this talented class could also all go on to be generational greats. 

I am so torn between Embiid and Wiggins. If it weren’t for the medical questions this probably wouldn’t be much of a debate. If I had the top pick I would hate myself for passing on Wiggins but would ultimately go with the big man this time. Kyrie and Embiid could make for the next great PG – C combo or given injury concerns with both, a lot of DNP’s and L’s. Embiid also fits better with……….. LeBron. 

druneave3
    Participant

Embiid has only played basketball for a few years but it is incredible how much he already understands the game. He’s got the size and athleticism. Sure he could bust/injuries while Wiggins/Parker go on to have great careers but all 3 and others from this talented class could also all go on to be generational greats. 

I am so torn between Embiid and Wiggins. If it weren’t for the medical questions this probably wouldn’t be much of a debate. If I had the top pick I would hate myself for passing on Wiggins but would ultimately go with the big man this time. Kyrie and Embiid could make for the next great PG – C combo or given injury concerns with both, a lot of DNP’s and L’s. Embiid also fits better with……….. LeBron. 

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login