This topic contains 40 replies, has 15 voices, and was last updated by AvatarAvatar Sewok15 10 years, 10 months ago.

• Author
    Dhph8711
    Participant

Bleacher Reports Predicting Landing Spot For This Year Free Agent List???? Do you agree or not (on the potential spot)

1. Al Jefferson likely land spot is Rockets, Hawks, & Mavericks
    2. Andrew Bynum likely land spot is Suns & Bobcats
    3. Dwight Howard likely land spot is Rockets, Hawks & Mavericks
    4. Josh Smith likely land spot is Mavericks or Cavs
    5. Monta Ellis is likely land spot is Mavericks or Hawks
    6. OJ Mayo is likely land spot is Timberwolves & Blazers

Mikez
    Participant

no, no, no, probably not, yes, yes

Mikez
    Participant

no, no, no, probably not, yes, yes

r377r377
    r377
    Participant

Corey Brewer ?
    Iggy ?
    Gerald Henderson ?

r377r377
    r377
    Participant

Corey Brewer ?
    Iggy ?
    Gerald Henderson ?

Chilbert arenas
    Participant

It’s pretty clear the Mavs are going to have a busy off-season and will be a very different team next year.

Chilbert arenas
    Participant

It’s pretty clear the Mavs are going to have a busy off-season and will be a very different team next year.

festar35festar35
    festar35
    Participant

Tyreke Evans???

festar35festar35
    festar35
    Participant

Tyreke Evans???

Jordo
    Participant

Rubio Mayo backcourt 🙂

Jordo
    Participant

Rubio Mayo backcourt 🙂

The Scare Crow Rises
    Participant

Fuck Bleacher Report dot com, when have they ever been right about anything???

They state that Bynun would sign with Phoenix or Charlotte but don’t have the Philadelphia 76ers signing anyone with the Cap space they’ll get when Bynum leaves….

Ghost01
      Participant

The Sixers just hired an analytics heavy GM, I doubt they are going to pay Bynum the money that some of these teams will offer him.

The Suns have been so thirsty for a star (Gordon, Gay, J Smith) or rather, someone they could fool everyone into thinking is a star, so I bet they got hard for Bynum.

Ghost01
      Participant

The Sixers just hired an analytics heavy GM, I doubt they are going to pay Bynum the money that some of these teams will offer him.

The Suns have been so thirsty for a star (Gordon, Gay, J Smith) or rather, someone they could fool everyone into thinking is a star, so I bet they got hard for Bynum.

The Scare Crow Rises
    Participant

Fuck Bleacher Report dot com, when have they ever been right about anything???

They state that Bynun would sign with Phoenix or Charlotte but don’t have the Philadelphia 76ers signing anyone with the Cap space they’ll get when Bynum leaves….

HobbyOG
    Participant

Would love to see Al Jefferson to the 76ers, OJ to the timberwolves, Bynum to the suns (because of there training staff)

HobbyOG
    Participant

Would love to see Al Jefferson to the 76ers, OJ to the timberwolves, Bynum to the suns (because of there training staff)

HobbyOG
    Participant

Lol Josh Smith to the cavs…I don’t see it. I see cavs trying to save money to go after Bron. Wade getting old, why would he not want to play with Kyrie, Noel and possibly a top 3 pick in next year draft?

HobbyOG
    Participant

Lol Josh Smith to the cavs…I don’t see it. I see cavs trying to save money to go after Bron. Wade getting old, why would he not want to play with Kyrie, Noel and possibly a top 3 pick in next year draft?

machu46
      Participant

Lol, if they drafted Noel and got Josh Smith, they would have negative court spacing. Kyrie would be the only guy with a semblance of a jumpshot.

machu46
      Participant

Lol, if they drafted Noel and got Josh Smith, they would have negative court spacing. Kyrie would be the only guy with a semblance of a jumpshot.

Hitster
    Participant

A lot regarding Charlotte, Cleveland and maybe to a lesser extent the Suns could depend on who they land in the draft. Cleveland may have one eye on all the guys on rookie deals on their roster and what renewals will cost down the years.

As a Phoenix fan, I’d love a big signing but would not overpay and then miss out on a shot at say Wiggins or Parker next year.

Dallas will surely make one big FA signing and Atlanta will also likely do to.

Utah could be another team to watch as they have cap space too.

A lot will depend honestly on how many FA’s do move for it creates a cascade effect as their former team has a whole to fill and this often brings the next tier of FA’s into play.

Bynum will be interesting to see what happens with, does someone offer him a long term deal or does he only get a shorter deal to prove his fitness. If he took a one year deal and came back to 18/10 form with whoever signs him then come next summer they are in a very strong position to resign him as they can offer a 5 year deal.

Also how many existing teams will offer their FA’s 5 year deals, would Atlanta push the boat out on Josh Smith – maybe 50/50 at the moment. But I would not see say Utah giving Al Jefferson a 5 year $85 to $90 million deal as they have ready made replacements already in situ.

Hitster
    Participant

A lot regarding Charlotte, Cleveland and maybe to a lesser extent the Suns could depend on who they land in the draft. Cleveland may have one eye on all the guys on rookie deals on their roster and what renewals will cost down the years.

As a Phoenix fan, I’d love a big signing but would not overpay and then miss out on a shot at say Wiggins or Parker next year.

Dallas will surely make one big FA signing and Atlanta will also likely do to.

Utah could be another team to watch as they have cap space too.

A lot will depend honestly on how many FA’s do move for it creates a cascade effect as their former team has a whole to fill and this often brings the next tier of FA’s into play.

Bynum will be interesting to see what happens with, does someone offer him a long term deal or does he only get a shorter deal to prove his fitness. If he took a one year deal and came back to 18/10 form with whoever signs him then come next summer they are in a very strong position to resign him as they can offer a 5 year deal.

Also how many existing teams will offer their FA’s 5 year deals, would Atlanta push the boat out on Josh Smith – maybe 50/50 at the moment. But I would not see say Utah giving Al Jefferson a 5 year $85 to $90 million deal as they have ready made replacements already in situ.

rwd5035
    Participant

I think Dwight is going to Houston, the best place for him.

rwd5035
    Participant

I think Dwight is going to Houston, the best place for him.

SmooveKRYPT
    Participant

JJ Redick
    JJ Hickson
    Paul Millsap
    Jose Calderon
    Rodney Stuckey

SmooveKRYPT
    Participant

JJ Redick
    JJ Hickson
    Paul Millsap
    Jose Calderon
    Rodney Stuckey

The Scare Crow Rises
    Participant

Still could see him being moved at the draft/deadline

The Scare Crow Rises
    Participant

Still could see him being moved at the draft/deadline

OGG
    Participant

As a Jazz fan I hope that Jefferson, Millsap, Mo, and Foye all find new teams. The vets really hurt the Jazz this year.

Sewok15
      Participant

Milsap was actually the 6th best PF in the NBA this year behind Griffin, Duncan, Aldridge, West and David Lee according to the Estimated Wins Added metric.

Al Jefferson was ranked the 2nd best Center in the league behind Brook Lopez. He also had a PER of 20.99 which was over 1 point higher than Howard, Gasol and Horford.

If they don’t resign either of these guys they will be losing a combined 32 points 16 Rebounds a night. I like Kanter and Favors and understand why they would want to move them into the starting line up but Jefferson and Milsap held this team together this year. They almost made the playoffs with Jamal Tinsley starting 32 games at PG. If you want to blame the vets who hurt the Jazz this year it wasn’t the front court. Foye and Williams aren’t NBA level starters at this point but Jefferson and Milsap formed one of the 3 best front courts in the league without question.

OGG
        Participant

I thought that Jefferson and Millsap did a respectable job but they played too many minutes. Often they were tired and could not close out games.

I agree with you that Mo and Foye were not a good combination.

I will also add that it is time for the Jazz to move on from those four vets. This team needs to be turned over to the younger players and let them take control. I think that you will find that they will compete harder night in and night out with Hayward/Favors leading the team.

Sewok15
          Participant

I trust your opinion since I am sure you watched more Jazz games than I did. I can agree it is time to move on especially with Favors and Kanter barely getting playing time and both being top 5 picks. As a Sixers fan I wouldn’t mind seeing either Jefferson or Milsap in Philly next year….they are a major upgrade over the bigs the Sixers have.

Sewok15
          Participant

I trust your opinion since I am sure you watched more Jazz games than I did. I can agree it is time to move on especially with Favors and Kanter barely getting playing time and both being top 5 picks. As a Sixers fan I wouldn’t mind seeing either Jefferson or Milsap in Philly next year….they are a major upgrade over the bigs the Sixers have.

OGG
        Participant

I thought that Jefferson and Millsap did a respectable job but they played too many minutes. Often they were tired and could not close out games.

I agree with you that Mo and Foye were not a good combination.

I will also add that it is time for the Jazz to move on from those four vets. This team needs to be turned over to the younger players and let them take control. I think that you will find that they will compete harder night in and night out with Hayward/Favors leading the team.

Sewok15
      Participant

Milsap was actually the 6th best PF in the NBA this year behind Griffin, Duncan, Aldridge, West and David Lee according to the Estimated Wins Added metric.

Al Jefferson was ranked the 2nd best Center in the league behind Brook Lopez. He also had a PER of 20.99 which was over 1 point higher than Howard, Gasol and Horford.

If they don’t resign either of these guys they will be losing a combined 32 points 16 Rebounds a night. I like Kanter and Favors and understand why they would want to move them into the starting line up but Jefferson and Milsap held this team together this year. They almost made the playoffs with Jamal Tinsley starting 32 games at PG. If you want to blame the vets who hurt the Jazz this year it wasn’t the front court. Foye and Williams aren’t NBA level starters at this point but Jefferson and Milsap formed one of the 3 best front courts in the league without question.

OGG
    Participant

As a Jazz fan I hope that Jefferson, Millsap, Mo, and Foye all find new teams. The vets really hurt the Jazz this year.

The Scare Crow Rises
    Participant

I think Al Jefferson goes to The Eastern Conference(Sixers and Bucks are said to be chasing him)

Paul Milsap might actually try to join a team like Indiana if they can afford him

Mo Williams can help a team like Dallas if they sign Dwight Howard to pair up with Dirk

The Scare Crow Rises
    Participant

I think Al Jefferson goes to The Eastern Conference(Sixers and Bucks are said to be chasing him)

Paul Milsap might actually try to join a team like Indiana if they can afford him

Mo Williams can help a team like Dallas if they sign Dwight Howard to pair up with Dirk

Hitster
    Participant

As regards Utah, I’ve always been of the opinion they need to keep one of Millsap and Jefferson and let the other move on and then run a 3 man big rotation with the one who stays plus Kanter and Favours. They could all get 30mpg plus and they then have a young prospect and or a veteran minimum to take the garbage minutes.

Personally I’d figure they would look to keep Millsap as he is a bit younger, will be cheaper to renew than Jefferson and has been on the roster all his career so is a bit of a legend with the fans.

I’d agree with Scarecrow that Philly would be a great fit for Jefferson as they could use his reliable 18/10 contributions and post game. Also Atlanta might be another good fit for him if Josh Smith bolts and it allows Horford to move across to PF perhaps.

Hitster
    Participant

As regards Utah, I’ve always been of the opinion they need to keep one of Millsap and Jefferson and let the other move on and then run a 3 man big rotation with the one who stays plus Kanter and Favours. They could all get 30mpg plus and they then have a young prospect and or a veteran minimum to take the garbage minutes.

Personally I’d figure they would look to keep Millsap as he is a bit younger, will be cheaper to renew than Jefferson and has been on the roster all his career so is a bit of a legend with the fans.

I’d agree with Scarecrow that Philly would be a great fit for Jefferson as they could use his reliable 18/10 contributions and post game. Also Atlanta might be another good fit for him if Josh Smith bolts and it allows Horford to move across to PF perhaps.

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login