This topic contains 6 replies, has 7 voices, and was last updated by AvatarAvatar IndianaBasketball 5 years, 8 months ago.

• Author
    high floor
    Participant

The reports regarding VO this offseason have been glowing, and my gut is telling me that last year was just a sample of what’s to come.

I’m still blown away with how good he was. I watched a lot of Pacer games last season. Seeing this guy hit pull-up three’s above the break, stuffing front-court players dunks at the rim (Willie Cauley-Stein………. dayum…..). And most importantly, finally finishing at the rim with authority instead of finesse. He was spectacular.

2018-19 stat prediction & awards projection

• 26pts, 6rebs, 4assists, 2stls, 1blk, 48%FG, 80%FT, 2 three’s per game, 3to’s
    • All star starter
    • All NBA 2nd Team Selection
    • 7th in MVP voting    
    • 50 wins, 4th seed
    HobbyOG
    Participant

24, 5, and 5 guy…and selected as a reserve in the all-star game. I think Wall breaks out for a 23-10 season. And Kyrie leads the east in guard vote. 

Dazzling Dunks and Basketball Bloopers
    Participant

I think the next step for oladipo will be to develop into the type of player that really makes his teammates better. Last year was his individual breakout and he was still growing used to a high usage role. Considering he is going to have the ball in his hands a lot as the primary facilitator, I’d like to see him bump his assist numbers up to about 5-6 a game at minimum with keeping about the same amount of turnovers. I’d also like to see him bump his FT% to around 85%.

I’m not expecting another major step forward from him numbers wise, but I think there are some subtle advancements to his game that could make a big difference in the teams overall success. The player on the pacers that I think could really be in for a breakout season this year is Myles turner, and I think oladipo can really help him get there.

The Goat
    Participant

I’m expecting about the same again this year. Thats not a knock – he was fantastic. It’s hard to improve the amount he did then go up again, plus Tyreke played well last year and I expect he eats into VO’s touches and stat lines offensively. 

CoachWyers
    Participant

Oldadipo 30min 19pts 5reb 4ast 2stl 45%Fg 80%FT

cohenbc1
    Participant

Well if Evans is a upgrade over Stephenson, then there is certainly the option to reduce Oladipo’s minutes from the 34 he averaged last year. But from what I know McMillan’s a pretty old-school guy; I don’t think that he’s really into saving his best player for the playoffs. 

IndianaBasketball
    Participant

I agree with Dazzling Dunks . . . 

I don’t think we’ll see a huge increase in Victor Oladipo’s statistics. He won’t have to when you consider Myles Turner is due for a breakout year. You have to expect major improvement from Domantas Sabonis as well. Then you throw in free-agent acquisition Tyreke Evans.

Regardless, Oladipo will be a much better player than last season. 

– He’ll be a better decision maker when he’s double teamed while using ball screens. I expect better reads, quicker decisions and a higher IQ in those situations. 

– A goal he set for himself is to get his FT% up to the mid 80’s. 

– Better defender. Yes, he led the league in steals and had some highlight blocks, but he can become an even better on ball defender. 

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login