This topic contains 22 replies, has 8 voices, and was last updated by AvatarAvatar Mopgrass 8 years, 9 months ago.

• Author
    SkalAndJamal
    Participant

MVP: Anthony Davis

Firsr team:

F| Anthony Davis

F| LeBron James

F| Kevin Durant

G| Russell Westbrook

G| Stephen Curry

ROY: D’Angelo Russell

Rookie first-team

C| Myles Turner

F|  Karl Towns

F| Stanley Johnsond

G| D’Angelo Russell

G| Emmanuel Mudiay

Most Improved Player: Dante Exum

6th man: Andre Iguodala

COY: Alvin Gentry 

SkalAndJamal
    Participant

Never mind I’m going with Pop for COY

SkalAndJamal
    Participant

Never mind I’m going with Pop for COY

Memphis Madness
    Participant

NBA First Team

G Steph Curry

G Russell Westbrook

F LeBron James

F Anthony Davis

C Marc Gasol

NBA Second Team

G Chris Paul

G James Harden

F Kevin Durant

F Blake Griffin

C DeAndre Jordan

NBA Third Team

G John Wall

G Klay Thompson

F Kawhi Leonard

F Carmelo Anthony

C DeMarcus Cousins

MVP: Russell Westbrook

DPOY: Nerlens Noel

ROY: Jahlil Okafor

6th man: Lou Williams

Most Improved Player: Anthony Bennett

COY: Billy Donovan

Whoever wins the West will win the title.  My top 4 picks: Warriors, Spurs, Clippers, and Thunder.

Memphis Madness
    Participant

NBA First Team

G Steph Curry

G Russell Westbrook

F LeBron James

F Anthony Davis

C Marc Gasol

NBA Second Team

G Chris Paul

G James Harden

F Kevin Durant

F Blake Griffin

C DeAndre Jordan

NBA Third Team

G John Wall

G Klay Thompson

F Kawhi Leonard

F Carmelo Anthony

C DeMarcus Cousins

MVP: Russell Westbrook

DPOY: Nerlens Noel

ROY: Jahlil Okafor

6th man: Lou Williams

Most Improved Player: Anthony Bennett

COY: Billy Donovan

Whoever wins the West will win the title.  My top 4 picks: Warriors, Spurs, Clippers, and Thunder.

SubZero
      Participant

I’m a huge Thunder/Westbrook fan, but no way he wins it with a healthy KD. If either, Durant wins it but I think more than likely they’ll take away from each other’s MVP campaign, whereas Anthony Davis is the only superstar on his team and is free to put up basically whatever stats he wants

SubZero
      Participant

I’m a huge Thunder/Westbrook fan, but no way he wins it with a healthy KD. If either, Durant wins it but I think more than likely they’ll take away from each other’s MVP campaign, whereas Anthony Davis is the only superstar on his team and is free to put up basically whatever stats he wants

nateoak10
    Participant

Iguodala is the best 6th man in the NBA but his basic per game numbers won’t be enough for him to win 6th man unless the voters all of a sudden start voting differently than they historically do. They tend to favor guys who put up what typical starter level per game numbers would look like off the bench. Iggy probably doesn’t get that with all the depth in GSW and considering his role to the team. 

nateoak10
    Participant

Iguodala is the best 6th man in the NBA but his basic per game numbers won’t be enough for him to win 6th man unless the voters all of a sudden start voting differently than they historically do. They tend to favor guys who put up what typical starter level per game numbers would look like off the bench. Iggy probably doesn’t get that with all the depth in GSW and considering his role to the team. 

SkalAndJamal
      Participant

I was thinking that too but maybe last year puts him on notice again. I can see Jordan Clarkson win it too if he’s the 6th man

SkalAndJamal
      Participant

I was thinking that too but maybe last year puts him on notice again. I can see Jordan Clarkson win it too if he’s the 6th man

Skeating12345
    Participant

No way James Harden is not first team All-NBA. I think Houston picking up Lawson was huge not only for the Rockets but for Harden. He may not put up as big numbers as he did last year, but I think his efficiency will increase due to not have as much offensive responsibility. I think people also forget that he is still wet young (not even 26 yet). This guy is going to be a problem for years to come.

Skeating12345
    Participant

No way James Harden is not first team All-NBA. I think Houston picking up Lawson was huge not only for the Rockets but for Harden. He may not put up as big numbers as he did last year, but I think his efficiency will increase due to not have as much offensive responsibility. I think people also forget that he is still wet young (not even 26 yet). This guy is going to be a problem for years to come.

Skeating12345
      Participant

having*/very* 

Skeating12345
      Participant

having*/very* 

TRC1991
    Participant

The most improved player will be CJ McCollum. Watch. 

TRC1991
    Participant

The most improved player will be CJ McCollum. Watch. 

Memphis Madness
    Participant

For 1st team guards, pick two: Steph, Russ, CP3, Harden.

Could come down to team record.  If the Rockets win more games than the Thunder then Harden could get that spot.  If not, why not Westbrook?  

Should be a good year.  The West is deadly, with 5 or 6 really, really good teams, and several teams a notch below that who should be highly competitive.

I think whoever comes out of the West will beat the Cavs for the title.

Not many guys win back to back MVP awards, but at this point, even with all the great candidates, it is still Steph Curry’s to lose.  I have Westbrook winning it, but it could come down to the wire (again).

If the Warriors steamroll the league yet again and win 65 plus games then I can see Steph Curry being the frontrunner for the MVP award with Iggy having a good shot at winning the 6th man award.

Memphis Madness
    Participant

For 1st team guards, pick two: Steph, Russ, CP3, Harden.

Could come down to team record.  If the Rockets win more games than the Thunder then Harden could get that spot.  If not, why not Westbrook?  

Should be a good year.  The West is deadly, with 5 or 6 really, really good teams, and several teams a notch below that who should be highly competitive.

I think whoever comes out of the West will beat the Cavs for the title.

Not many guys win back to back MVP awards, but at this point, even with all the great candidates, it is still Steph Curry’s to lose.  I have Westbrook winning it, but it could come down to the wire (again).

If the Warriors steamroll the league yet again and win 65 plus games then I can see Steph Curry being the frontrunner for the MVP award with Iggy having a good shot at winning the 6th man award.

Zouldiers
    Participant

Turner, as good as he is, won’t get enough touches for a Pacer team that has PG13, Ellis and George Hill but I think he is all rookie 2nd team. I’ll put Okafor instead of Turner for All rookie 1st team because Okafor will get a lot of touches for the Sixers now that Embiid is out.

Mopgrass
      Participant

Towns won’t get the minutes he’s need to get ROY and Okafor might be worthy of the award, but I think Mudiay gets it. I think he’ll be nearly as productive as Okafor, but he’ll be way more entertaining… and that’ll get him votes. I do think Stanley Johnson and maybe Turner will be in the running. I think Russell will need to adjust to Clarkson and Kobe this year. Hezonja, WCS, and the others won’t get the minutes (sadly). 

Mopgrass
      Participant

Towns won’t get the minutes he’s need to get ROY and Okafor might be worthy of the award, but I think Mudiay gets it. I think he’ll be nearly as productive as Okafor, but he’ll be way more entertaining… and that’ll get him votes. I do think Stanley Johnson and maybe Turner will be in the running. I think Russell will need to adjust to Clarkson and Kobe this year. Hezonja, WCS, and the others won’t get the minutes (sadly). 

Zouldiers
    Participant

Turner, as good as he is, won’t get enough touches for a Pacer team that has PG13, Ellis and George Hill but I think he is all rookie 2nd team. I’ll put Okafor instead of Turner for All rookie 1st team because Okafor will get a lot of touches for the Sixers now that Embiid is out.

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login