Players Ready to Take Next Step
1. Jrue Holiday - Game Changing PG (Collins is harnessing this kids PG skills)
2. Evin Turner - MIP award next year (Improved throughout the year, learned to use his size to advantage)
3. Branden Jennings - Game Changing PG (will come back more physically developed next year, better finishing at rim)
4. Tyreke Evans - Elite status (Kings darkhorse to make playoffs 8th seed)
5. James Harden - Game Changing SG (possible All-Star selection; key player for Thunder)
1. Michael Beasley - Elite status (PPG will increase more involved in offense; will fight for All-Starbid/8th seed contention)
2. Austin Daye - Contributer (increased role; lanky, mobile, sweet stroking 3 man with improved ball skills)
3. Danilo Gaillinari - Game Changing SF (offense is built for him and around him)
4. Wes Johnson - Game Changing SF/SG (impact on defense alot, improved shot selection and consistency)
5. Nicolas Batum - Game Changing SF (6th man of year award; 2nd unit will run through him)
Big Men -
1. Darrell Arthur - Contributer (key contributer off bench for athletic Grizzlies team)
2. Greg Monroe - Game Changing PF (teams focal point on offense with advanced passing skills)
3. Demarcus Cousins - Game Changing C (main reason why Kings will be competitve next year, maturation will begin)
4. Anthony Randolph - Contributer (key triple threat off bench that will impact his team)
5. Tyrus Thomas - Game Changing PF (will contend for DPOY award)
I think Jeff Teague should be a top the list of guards. Have you been watching the Bulls/Hawks series?
And the day Tyrus Thomas becomes a game changing PF, let alone DPOY, I will happily donate all of my points to the McDunkin fund to help save under based children.
i think favors will have a great year next year.
favors will start to contribute at a higher and more efficient rate i wouldnt say great, 14 ppg 7-8 rebs?
Tyrus Thomas was having a quiet break out year for Charlotte, not really showing in the stats department but if you watch (which most people on here dont..) he has made huge strides in his game until his knee injury. I could see him posting over 11 rebs/gm and have over 2 blocks and a steal. Yes i think he could contend.
Did this list before the playoffs and forgot to alter it, yes i do have teague up there but i wouldnt say hes guaranteed to contribute more than the 5 guys i mentioned. Teague will start for the Hawks next year and get his 15 ppg and 7 asst while leading them to the playoffs. I just see the other guys still having more of an impact overall on there teams.
Serge Ibaka, Evan Turner, Derrick Favors, Danilo Gallinari, Xavier Henry
Serge belongs on my list for bigmen but i wanted to be bold on those picks.
I dont believe Henry will have a great year next year either, maybe a slight bump in his averages but hes not consistent or very efficient. Does play some good D though (ex kobe bryant earlier this year). He seems laid back and doesnt really try to exert himself in game situations
I really think what held him back was being out of summer league and training camp because of his contract problem. I feel once he goes through training camp(if there is one next year), he will come back much improved.
i agree to an extent, i still dont think hes better than mayo nor warrants more playing time over Mayo or T. Allen as those two are perfect opposites
Marcin Gortat, Demarr Derozan
MOZGOV!! me angry now turn into golden man get a cup of coffee and start and find out if martini better shaken or stirred?
True I dont expect Henry to start, but either mayo,henry, or allen will get traded, unless mayo improves his pg skills and that becomes his new position which I doubt. Most likely Henry will be traded and will have a new start somewhere else. but I still expect an improved player from his rookie season, even if it doesnt show in his stats
Tyrus Thomas is a head case, a cancer and a dolt. He will not somehow, in his 7th year, breakout and be a game changing player.
I agree with Demar DeRozen, with Bargs likely on his way out, he will become the new number 1 option.
Gortat- He's gonna be the suns starter next season, with lopez as a back up. He showed good defense,rebounding, scored some points, and blocked some shots.Finally gets his chance to show us what hes got
Mozgov- He might get his chance to start, and has shown flashes of what he can become
LOL at DanEboy...hahhaha... I somewhat closed my door on Tyrus Thomas taking his game to the next level... He'll never be more than Stromile Swift 2.0....
Michael Beasley should be interesting next season along with Demar Derozan...
you think about coffee martini - grab martini and place him in a boiling cup of coffee for forgeting my man mozgov I make a great coffee martini
I totally agree with that whole list of potential breakout players. I think demar derozan jeff teague gordon hayward eric bledsoe paul george jj hickson and deandre jordan could be potential breakout players as well.
tyrus thomas, another athletic lsu player who cant seem to reach his potential. Its kind of like they all have the same mindset that they dont need to try since they have a high vertical
chase budinger, paul george, and javale mcgee are all possibilities too
Keep an eye on these guys next year..
4.Patrick Patterson(if he gets the playing time)
Jerryd Bayless should be taken into consideration as I see him getting the start next year. Others would be:
DeAndre Jordan, Jordan Crawfod, Jeff Teague & Paul George
Will be very interesting to see what happens with Nick Young/Jordan Crawford. I hope they favour Crawford to stick around with Wall, given that they are draft-mates and will form a dynamic, athletic core whose potential has only barely been scratched. Plus, Crawford seems a more high IQ player.
I'm surprised no one has listed Gordon Hayward, he started playing very well the last month or so of last season and should have a very good year next season. I see Gordon starting at the 2 next year.
I hope Favors has a great year, it will depend on how hard he works this off season.