Who do you think will be traded or mentioned around draft day?
Here's what I think:
1. Amare Stoudemire
- I expect New York and Phoenix to talk about a potential deal. Something that involves the Knicks #8 pick along with Chandler and others going to Phoenix.
2. Gerald Wallace
- The Bobcats will look to trade Wallace and try to land Terence Williams in the draft to replace him. It makes sense with Wallace's history with injuries.
3. Kirk Hinrich
- The Wolves wanted Hinrich at the deadline. Look for talks to heat up around draft time.
4. Tayshaun Prince
- The Pistons will try to move up in the draft. Prince along with the #15 will be the likely trade scenario.
5. Tyson Chandler
- The Hornets are suffering financially, so I expect them to try to deal Chandler. I don't know if they'll be able to get a pick out of it though.
6. Jermaine O'Neal
- With Wade's situation and O'Neal being an expiring, I expect Miami to try to do something in order to further boost their roster, both from a short and long term standpoint.
7. Chris Kaman
- It's not likely Kaman will be traded due to his contract but you never know. Would the Clippers be willing to package the pick along with Kaman in order to get out of his contract? They already have Camby and Jordan.
8. Hedo Turkoglu
- If Orlando gets eliminated, I expect Turkoglu to be on the way out.
9. Chris Bosh
- With Bosh being a free agent next summer, it would make sense for Toronto to look at dealing him around draft time. I assume that's what they'll do.
10. Manu Giniboli
- The Spurs' window is closing as far as being a contender. This seems like the best time to try to deal Giniboli before he becomes a free agent in 2010. A team who's a piece of away from contending will look at acquiring him (Washington, New Jersey, Orlando).
I really think this post is great. I sure hope the Heat trade O'Neal for Chandler, Prince, or Stoudemire.
I don't think Miami would be able to get Stoudemire with O'Neal's expiring.
Phoenix wants young players and draft picks.
I like this posts but some of these guys may not be moving like O'neal. They need his contract to expire so they can sign another all star with Wade. Miami has Wade's rights so they can sign him after they use their cap room on another quality star.
I do think Miami will sign Boozer in the summer then re-sign Wade. Maybe they would be willing to keep O'Neal then.
Looks like a top four team in the east.....
Very good job Tocane. That was great display on what you think might happen. Seems very accurate. I really wanna see S.T.A.T move to New York as well as Steve Nash, even though Nash might retire. His contract is out this season and he misses his old coach, D'antoni (correct name spelling?).
I think his name is right.
I think the bulls will trade someone like a Brad Miller for a Draft Pick and another player.
I think Steve Nash is going to leave from the Suns Because the SUNS NEED YOUTH AND THEY DON'T HAVE IT. A possible trade for him could be Jermaine O'neal from the Heat.
New York needs to make trades who I who is a perfect fit for them is Ben Gordon or also Ben Gordon could go to Golden State because they need help to which would also be a good trade. They can trade Gordon And Brad Miller to the knicks for W. Chandler and David Lee Or Courtney.
Last one Jamal Crawford to the Pistons For Rip and the Knicks throw in a second round pick. For 2009.
I like this post a lot because if any of those trades happen they will most likely change the franchise they go to. As a Bulls fan, I would not mind seeing them trade Hinrich for a big, then draft Nick Calathes from Florida.
Phoenix is not trading Steve Nash unless they can get a top talent for him. They fans will not let any GM pull this off. Why would Chicago trade Miller when they wanted his expiring contract for free agency 2010. I could see Miami going for Boozer though. New York would be a good place for Gordon is money was no issue and it is so they will just draft Curry who has Gordon's scoring ability, is less streaky, and has some playmaking skills.
I think Darko is serious trade bait....he has a nice expiring contract that the Grizzlies could use to bring someone else in either through trade or draft.
Crawfords not on the knicks anymore hes on golden state
Tyson Chandler could end up in OKC where he was almost traded to at the deadline for the thunders second first rounder I can also see Utah trading their first rounder for Gerald Wallace
Darko will leave NBA when his contract expires
but im real hardcore BULLS fan and i dont think Brad Miller is going anywhere he is a expiring contract in 2010 if anything is going to happen i can see Kirk Hinrich on the move with the 16th pick and maybe try to move up in the lottory so they can grab a big and also clear money for 2010 and maybe just MAYBE..!!! Tyrus Thomas is heading to phonex with kirk and that 16th pick for Amare Stoudemire and that 14th pick.....
Heat wont trade O'Neal he has a very large expiring contract that expires 2010(i believe) and could they afford Wdae, Boozer, and 'Neal next year or wioll they have to wait till Bosh and Amare(provided he doesnt get traded to the Knicks and resigns right away)
i do not think the knicks will trade down just to get amare. if anything i think they will want to trade up to get a better rookie
You have to be on drugs to think that the knicks would trade their only 2 players worth anything to Chicago for Gordon and Miller. The knicks should and would trade down to get Amare. The players from picks 3 to 20 are all non-spectacular except possibly Jennings. Donnie wants a star. Id love to see the knicks trade down to get Terrence Williams or Tyreke Evans if hes still there. I would like to see the knicks make a deal with portland that we could get Bayless and Pryzbilla back maybe for Lee. That would give us a starting lineup of;
Maybe then we could get some blocks and we wouldnt have a red carpet all the way to our rim. At least they'd be worth watching.
Or I'd like to see the knicks trade our pick this year to Golden State for Anthony Randolph. Put whoever in to make it work monetarily
Washington has made an offer for Giniboli