This topic contains 26 replies, has 11 voices, and was last updated by AvatarAvatar BothTeamsPlayedHard 8 years, 3 months ago.

• Author
    SlickBouncePass
    Participant

I’m at the point where I don’t believe there are enough minutes to share for all 3 of our bigs, that they won’t fit together in the future, and trades should be made.  The highest tradeable asset at this point is probably Okafor.

I am reaching here, but how is this for a scenario.

We trade Nerlens Noel for Jabari Parker.  Both guys are trying to find their roles on struggling teams. 

This assumes we miss on Ben Simmons.  

So we’d have

1. FA PG,

2. Brandon Ingram

3. Jabari Parker

4. Jahlil Okafor

5. Joel Embiid

with Dario Saric to play wtih both bigmen.  

Those 3 Dukies, might as well bring in Coach K to run the show and bring a winner mentality to the team (though I really like Brett Brown, I don’t get some of his rotation moves and I dont’ know why we haven’t yet played the hi-lo like the Gasol-Bynum Lakers did with Oak-Nerlens.)  

ballislyfe25
    Participant

Nerlens Noel for Jabari Parker…reaching is an understatement.

SlickBouncePass
      Participant

i don’t think he’s a fit on that team.  there’s too much length on that team.  I think they’ll have to get rid of Giannis or Jabari just like Philly is gonna have to trade away some of its bigs.  

Nerlens right now defensively isn’t in his optimal position.  He’s a really really good defender.  I dont’ think its that far fetched.  

adum
        Participant

The Bucks need Scoring.

Last time I checked Nerlens isn’t even in the top 3 in ppg on the Sixers.

adum
        Participant

The Bucks need Scoring.

Last time I checked Nerlens isn’t even in the top 3 in ppg on the Sixers.

SlickBouncePass
      Participant

i don’t think he’s a fit on that team.  there’s too much length on that team.  I think they’ll have to get rid of Giannis or Jabari just like Philly is gonna have to trade away some of its bigs.  

Nerlens right now defensively isn’t in his optimal position.  He’s a really really good defender.  I dont’ think its that far fetched.  

ballislyfe25
    Participant

Nerlens Noel for Jabari Parker…reaching is an understatement.

Illadelph
    Participant

supposedly the Sixers have reached out to Shane Battier and Elton Brand to come in and provide veteran leadership.  THAT would be a Duke Philly team.  

Sewok15
      Participant

Eww..but that reported offer is for front office jobs to mentor the younger players not to actually play basketball.

Sewok15
      Participant

Eww..but that reported offer is for front office jobs to mentor the younger players not to actually play basketball.

Illadelph
    Participant

supposedly the Sixers have reached out to Shane Battier and Elton Brand to come in and provide veteran leadership.  THAT would be a Duke Philly team.  

DukeDaSquad
    Participant

As a gm in wouldn’t trade Jabari for Nerlens. Plus I don’t think Nerlens is as good as Henson and Henson doesn’t start. 

DukeDaSquad
    Participant

As a gm in wouldn’t trade Jabari for Nerlens. Plus I don’t think Nerlens is as good as Henson and Henson doesn’t start. 

negguary
    Participant

i think you would have to give noel and either the okc or mia pick or maybe both plus Noel.

negguary
    Participant

i think you would have to give noel and either the okc or mia pick or maybe both plus Noel.

terrancebower
    Participant

The bucks wouldn’t be able to play Monroe with Noel so they’d be wasting a prospect by keeping Noel on the bench. Paired with Monroe they would have the same spacing issues Philly currently has, and like Detroit last year. You’d also be losing Noel’s shot blocking by putting him on stretch 4s, or you could have Monroe guard the 4s but they’d just blow past him if he stepped out of the paint.

terrancebower
    Participant

The bucks wouldn’t be able to play Monroe with Noel so they’d be wasting a prospect by keeping Noel on the bench. Paired with Monroe they would have the same spacing issues Philly currently has, and like Detroit last year. You’d also be losing Noel’s shot blocking by putting him on stretch 4s, or you could have Monroe guard the 4s but they’d just blow past him if he stepped out of the paint.

GBee
    Participant

After reading all the excuses that people make for Noel and all the conditions that he supposedly needs to be effective, I’m struggling to think of too many optimal frontcourt pairings for him.  If all these conditions are necessary for him to be maximized, he’s sounding like a future 3rd big to me.

ballislyfe25
      Participant

It seems like Noel is most comfortable at the 5. He is quick (for a big) which enables him to recover onto slower, less athletic bigs. As he adds weight and matures he will gain strength and hopefully be able to use that and his length to hold his own against guys like Cousins. I see him, on both ends, as a Tyson Chandler type.

I doubt it will happen, but if Saric comes over next year he could start at the 4 and move Noel to the bench. A rotation of Okafor/Noel/Saric would be interesting and Noel and Okafor could still log some minutes together.

ballislyfe25
      Participant

It seems like Noel is most comfortable at the 5. He is quick (for a big) which enables him to recover onto slower, less athletic bigs. As he adds weight and matures he will gain strength and hopefully be able to use that and his length to hold his own against guys like Cousins. I see him, on both ends, as a Tyson Chandler type.

I doubt it will happen, but if Saric comes over next year he could start at the 4 and move Noel to the bench. A rotation of Okafor/Noel/Saric would be interesting and Noel and Okafor could still log some minutes together.

GBee
    Participant

After reading all the excuses that people make for Noel and all the conditions that he supposedly needs to be effective, I’m struggling to think of too many optimal frontcourt pairings for him.  If all these conditions are necessary for him to be maximized, he’s sounding like a future 3rd big to me.

holefillers1
    Participant

Noel is much better when he can patrol the paint. Blocks and steals increase and you can see opposing players peel off or pass the ball to avoid getting their shots blocked. When we talk about maximizing Noel’s talents it needs to be on the defensive end and if Embiid returns healthy next year Nerlens will be the first big off the bench. t

holefillers1
    Participant

Noel is much better when he can patrol the paint. Blocks and steals increase and you can see opposing players peel off or pass the ball to avoid getting their shots blocked. When we talk about maximizing Noel’s talents it needs to be on the defensive end and if Embiid returns healthy next year Nerlens will be the first big off the bench. t

ncballer

This thread makes me want to throw up.

ncballer

This thread makes me want to throw up.

BothTeamsPlayedHard
    Participant

If a team not only has but woefully overpaid John Henson, then why would they want Nerlens Noel? For both good and bad, those two are really similar.

BothTeamsPlayedHard
    Participant

If a team not only has but woefully overpaid John Henson, then why would they want Nerlens Noel? For both good and bad, those two are really similar.

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login