PG sleeper in 2011 draft

Meditated States
Meditated States's picture
PG sleeper in 2011 draft

Do you believe Irving is the best PG or will someone be a lot better than him in the pro's? Who?

lalaila
lalaila's picture
as a true point guard maybe

as a true point guard maybe not but overall as a player i think Knight has a chance to be better.

xavier328
xavier328's picture
Ryan Harrow(Nc State) and Ian

Ryan Harrow(Nc State) and Ian Miller(Fla State)....not saying they are going to be better but they will have pretty good careers.....I dont see Knight as a true PG hes more in the Jason Terry and Mo Williams mode.

xavier328
xavier328's picture
Ryan Harrow(Nc State) and Ian

Ryan Harrow(Nc State) and Ian Miller(Fla State)....not saying they are going to be better but they will have pretty good careers.....I dont see Knight as a true PG hes more in the Jason Terry and Mo Williams mode.

canesboy6
i like Miller

Miller is nasty. If he can become a PG, theres no doubt in my mind that Selby is the best in the country. We all forgot about him, but he is head and shoulders above Irving.

canesboy6
Another one

Nobody is talking about him and he wont be 2011, but Shabazz Napier is the truth for Uconn.

Im Your Father
Im Your Father's picture
I don't think Selby is better

I don't think Selby is better than Irving at all. He is certainly not "head and shoulders" better than him.

The Squirrelyq
If anyone is "head and

If anyone is "head and shoulders above Irving" I don't want to play against him. Duke dominated the game against K-State because Irving controlled the tempo on offense AND managed to shut down Jacob Pullen. Irving can get anywhere on the court anytime he wants and has an outstanding basketball IQ. I didn't think he would be nearly this good before the year started

Meditated States
Meditated States's picture
True on Shabazz

Seems to run the point real well the way a point should. Has good judgment for a young player.

jaysmith1987
not really sleepers but not mentioned as often

Kemba Walker looks like the real deel. It seems he isnt being talked about as much as the other point guards because hes a junior but he went up againts kentucky and Brandon Knight and shut Brandon Knight down and torched him for 29 points. Everyone roots for the freshman but sometimes its better to take the more experienced player. He to was a Mcdonalds All Amerian and has improved every year.

jaysmith1987
big sleeper pick

My biggest sleepers point gaurd are Demetri Mccamey and Nolan Smith. I think Nolan Smith can be a Derrick Fisher type point gaurd in the nba. Not spectacular but really good and a winner who makes the open shot and plays great defense. As for Demetri Mccamey I see a less athletic version of Deron Williams a big poing gaurd who can pass and shoot I think this guy will suprise alot of people when he makes it to the Nba.

JNixon
JNixon's picture
Demetri McCamey and Jimmer

Demetri McCamey and Jimmer Fredette both get slept on because they aren't explosive athletes. I think both will make good NBA PG's and I think both are slept on by alot of fans.

Cardinal_Fan
Not sold on Knight as being

Not sold on Knight as being able to run a team he is looking for his own shot as the 1st and 2nd option. I have yet to see Knight create for his teammates or make them better. Irving at this point is the more well rounded, polished, pro ready prospect and i think he is ready to play right now.

the lake show
i can understand why some

i can understand why some people root for the freshmen when match up against a upperclassman. Look at it like this, lets say a Sr out plays a freshman and scores 23points to the freshman's 14. What some may not see is that by the time the freshman is a Sr(if he would stay that long) he has a better chance to have a better Sr year then the other guy because hes better as a freshman then the other guy was as a freshman. That's how the thought process goes with some of the scouts but the problem with that is does the scout know the freshman is gonna continue to develop at the rate that he hopes to? Thats when the word potential comes in.

scoutguru
I was gonna express those

I was gonna express those same points Iggy... I agree

mattholdenbrown
mattholdenbrown's picture
ian miller is the most

ian miller is the most explosive

midwestbbscout
midwestbbscout's picture
McCamey

in the right system could be a solid starter.....if you consider Walker a sleeper than he is the star....this draft is gripped up with good ass PG's....

RSS: Syndicate content