Odds more than 3 One & Done Prospects return in 2012?

Windy City Assassin
Odds more than 3 One & Done Prospects return in 2012?

Everyone just "knows" that the 2012 Draft class will be stacked with Fr. but I would like to say who is to say some of the Top guys won't return.

• Austin Rivers- Eager to play on the next level with the BEST, but who is to know or not if he will enjoy college & want to stay to win a title. It is not like he is hurting financially.
  • Bradley Beal- Highly rated prospect who is expected to take over & do some big things. Also who is to say he won't buy into Donovan's system to make him become a better player for staying at least 2 seasons or more.
  • James McAdoo- A lot of guys on the forum always want to dispute with me when I say he is not a One & Done prospect, but never give their valid points to backup why he is. I think he has good people around him who will not let him jump out there unless he has a helluva year in college.
  • Myck Kabongo- I know he is high on a lot of guys radar on this forum. I believe he will be a smart kid & stay 2 years. He has a lot of maturing to do physically as well as learning on the court. All he does is pass & force passes not knocking his abilities as a NBA prospect, but he has to do something on the court other than pass the ball well.

surve
surve's picture
I think Rivers and McAdoo

I think Rivers and McAdoo will stay before Kabongo and Beal. Rivers and McAdoo can work on their games and be high picks the following year. Kabongo and Beal offer attractiveness that they may not be able to turn down due to their more unique abilities. Beal is an athletic pure shooter under the Ray Allen/Rip Hamilton prototype and Kabongo is a pure PG...probably the purest outside of Kendall Marshall for the upcoming year.

Windy City Assassin
What else does Kabongo bring

What else does Kabongo bring to the game is what I would like to know?

shipargos
kabongo

Attack the rim

DunksNJordans23
DunksNJordans23's picture
Michael Gilchrist might, he

Michael Gilchrist might, he seems like he might be the odd man out of the starting line up for UK so he might pull a Terrance Jones and come back to be a leader his Sophmore year.

cward23
Rivers is one guy who i think

Rivers is one guy who i think will leave. He already has that pro attitude and mentioned going pro if they didnt have the one year rule. I think Davis goes as well because just about every interview i've seen him he mention's going to the NBA or that Coach Cal helps players get to the NBA etc

As far as Gilchrist and the starting line up i see no way that he doesn't start. He's just hat good (better than lamp and miller

Starting line up
Teague
Lamb or miller(Miller started over Lamb last season)
Gilchrist
Jones
Davis

knicksfan7
I think Rivers is a 2-3 year

I think Rivers is a 2-3 year player. I don't think Doc will let him be a one and done guy. I just don't see it. McAdoo will be a 2 year prospect b/c he won't be a stud in year 1, and get enough attention. I think the best candidates for one and dones are Teague, Anthony Davis, and Myck Kabongo. Brad Beal will be playing behind Walker, Boynton, and Rosario, so I don't see him leaving either.

Windy City Assassin
Texas has their own network

Texas has their own network this year so we will be able to see EVERY Kabongo game! Please tell me during the season why he is not going to stay.

GottaBeTheShoes
Knicksfan7, I don't think

Knicksfan7, I don't think Austin and his dad really have a great relationship. Rivers has a NBA ready game and he is cocky/extremely confident so I think he will go to the Nba after 1 year.

surve
surve's picture
@memphis tyga23

I didnt say Kabongo WILL leave, but I can see it happening. He is not the best prospect out there, but given the over abundance of shoot-first PG's, he will be really attractive to teams due to his athleticism, IQ, and love for the pass and getting others involved. Any team loaded with scorers will be keeping a close watch on him this year.

surve
surve's picture
Gilchrist

I can see why you may think Gilchrist would be the odd man out, but I dont believe he will be, the odd-men out will be between Vargas and Miller. Then depending on the year he has, Gilchrist by draft time would be a better prospect than Jones.

Windy City Assassin
"didnt say Kabongo WILL

"didnt say Kabongo WILL leave, but I can see it happening. He is not the best prospect out there, but given the over abundance of shoot-first PG's, he will be really attractive to teams due to his athleticism, IQ, and love for the pass and getting others involved. Any team loaded with scorers will be keeping a close watch on him this year."

This was my reply.............What else does Kabongo bring to the game is what I would like to know?

think the best candidates for one and dones are Teague, Anthony Davis, and Myck Kabongo. Brad Beal will be playing behind Walker, Boynton, and Rosario, so I don't see him leaving either.

This was my reply.........Texas has their own network this year so we will be able to see EVERY Kabongo game! Please tell me during the season why he is not going to stay

Hitster
Hitster's picture
Both Austin Rivers and James

Both Austin Rivers and James McAdoo of course will have their father's experience and connections to guide them apart from both being unlikely to have to be "one and done" for any financial reasons so I could see there being no way they declare if they are not considered ready.

Also with a lot of returners this year some top freshmen may suddenly find their playing time reduced or having to come from the bench so it could have a domino effect on them returning to their college's for the 2012/13 season.

jeff416
I could see Adonis Thomas

I could see Adonis Thomas returning if he's not going to be a lottery pick.

Windy City Assassin
I pray Adonis stays! It can

I pray Adonis stays! It can only help him.

Windy City Assassin
^

See this face---------> O_o We will see ALL year long what he is made of!

cward23
Doc wont let him?..there have

Doc wont let him?..there have been plenty of players who have dads working in the NBA but they don't stay, its not the Dads decision its the son's. That may fly when a player is 8 but not 18. 99 percent of the dads and mom's say they want there kid to stay and get thier degree but that doesn't happen often

cward23
Plus fanicial reason's is not

Plus fanicial reason's is not the only reason's guy's leave early. There are plenty of players who come from family's that have money. The thing people fail to realize is the kids want there own money and live the NBA life. I'm guessing some of ya'll haven't followed the draft too long if you think a player is gonna stay longer just because their dad has played in the NBA or coach's in the NBA.

And what does the texas network have to do with a player staying or gong? Nothing at all. That doesn't stop other players from top schools from going even though they are on T.V all the time (Kentucky,UNC)

Windy City Assassin
And what does the texas

And what does the texas network have to do with a player staying or gong?

Dude you misread every f*ckin thing that was said!

Texas has their own network this year so we will be able to see EVERY Kabongo game! Please tell me during the season why he is not going to stay.

cward23
So are you saying he is gona

So are you saying he is gona stay because he's not good enough?..Not understanding what the Network has to do with him going or staying when NBA scouts will see him the same amount of time reguardless if there is a newtwork or not

Might wanna try anger management, usually when people resort to cursing they cant think of anything intelligent to say, don't let the anger control you, control the anger its only basketball chat

GottaBeTheShoes
I think what memphis tyga is

I think what memphis tyga is saying is that he wants to know why Kabongo is not going to stay and then wants to be told during the season after you watch him play on the longhorn network...basically he thinks Kabongo will be really good and doesn't see how Kabongo won't leave. I don't know for sure but thats the way I read it.

Windy City Assassin
Agent Zero

BINGO!

We will be able to see all flaws etc.

r377
r377's picture
I think Kabongo will be

I think Kabongo will be watching closely how Cory Joseph goes in the pro's before he decides.

I think McAdoo will stay as he will not stand out on that team in year 1

mess.eee
mess.eee's picture
The two guys I only see

The two guys I only see staying is McAdoo and Kabongo.

For McAdoo - He will playing for a team with 2 highly rated forward (Henson and Barnes), he may not get enough opportunities to really showcase himself, and may be forced to stay to better establish himself.

For Kabongo - Yes he is a good pure PG, but he has a ton of work to do physically, and as a scorer. He is a very poor outside shooter, and struggles to finish inside the lane. Hes a talented passer, but unfortunately that is all he can offer as of now, he needs to polish his game a little more and may end up staying. That is why Teague is often rated ahead of Kabongo, its because Teague can hurt you both as a passer and as a scorer, Kabongo is too one-dimensional as a PG as of right now.

Windy City Assassin
"For Kabongo - Yes he is a

"For Kabongo - Yes he is a good pure PG, but he has a ton of work to do physically, and as a scorer. He is a very poor outside shooter, and struggles to finish inside the lane. Hes a talented passer, but unfortunately that is all he can offer as of now, he needs to polish his game a little more and may end up staying. That is why Teague is often rated ahead of Kabongo, its because Teague can hurt you both as a passer and as a scorer, Kabongo is too one-dimensional as a PG as of right now."

Thank God someone finally sees what I see

Windy City Assassin
How does the list look now?

How does the list look now?

scoutguru
Too early to say for sure.

Too early to say for sure. And for the record I think all should stay 1 or more years.

McAdoo probably won't stand out much as you all noted. But who knows, he may have a Marvin Williams, Ed Davis freshman year impac late in the season and in the tourney that compels him to come out after seeing his stock rise. I still need to see more of and from him as well as figure out if he's a top 2 option, or bench guy for the next level or somewhere in btw.

Beal seems to be a good guard with some nice shooting and solid driving ability. Could continue to use some seasoning.

Rivers has nice potential as a scorer but just hasn't pieced it all together yet offensively and defensively.

Kabongo just needs to add strength and seasoning as well as continue to work on his shot and being a floor general at this high level.

OhCanada-
OhCanada-'s picture
There are many reasons why

There are many reasons why different players may stay and may leave, whether they want a Championship, a better draft ranking, need more experience, or just want to start and experience more college ball. Heres some guys I think will stay.

Adonis Thomas

Josiah Turner

James Mcadoo

Tony Wroten

Heres some bubble guys that may want a higher draft position.

Austin Rivers

Cody Zeller

Brad Beal

Lebryan Nash

Windy City Assassin
Out of your bubble guys I

Out of your bubble guys I would love to see Nash stay to try & dominate the collegiate level. Dude is just a FREAK.

OhCanada-
OhCanada-'s picture
Yeah Nash's physique is

Yeah Nash's physique is insane, but have you seen Cezar Geurrero? That kid has something else in his blood! He plays with the confidence of Micheal Jordan, has a great shot, good vision, and is lightning quick. Too bad he is probally not even 6 feet tall and cant defend...although he did have one clutch defensive play in Oklaholma States OT win.

DMV_LeGenD
DMV_LeGenD's picture
LeBryan Nash would be making

LeBryan Nash would be making a huge mistake if he was one and done. Kid is very raw and needs to mature both on and off the floor. I'm not a believer in him. IMO hes all braun, no brains with more swagger than substance.

JNixon
JNixon's picture
LeBryan Nash already looks

LeBryan Nash already looks like an NBA swingman, he just needs polish. He will be a good scorer in the future though, I think he will be hitting stride in Big 12 play. He will only improve as the season goes on.

I've always liked Guerrero, he's like Denis Clemente but with even more shooting ability. He is SUPER fun to watch and a great fit for the OK State offense. OK State might have the most firepower all around on the offensive end in the Big 12. We havent even said anything about JP Olukemi, who's quite an underrated scorer as a mismatch forward himself.

providencefriars1
providencefriars1's picture
Nash might be like Jordan

Nash might be like Jordan Hamilton in the sense that he doesnt quite live up expectations at first but has a great sophmore year

estebansf
I think Rivers is definitely

I think Rivers is definitely gone because even though he hasn't dominated offensively so far this year, he has improved on his weaknesses which are defense and going left. At Duke, he doesn't get enough shots to dominate games so if he comes out of the gate hot, his 12 shots are good and he will put up 25 points. If he comes out cold, Duke has so many peices he can't get into a rythem and will end up with more like 10 (think MSU). He is a shooter and a guy who can put up big-time points, but his game does not suit college and offensively him and Duke do not work as Duke is a school where they play unselfishy and one guy does not always shoot the ball. They have many options. Rivers thrives when he can shoot a lot of shots, as he will eventually get it going and be unstoppable. He will continue to improve, dominate some games offensively, and then be shooting in the NBA next year.

McAdoo is coming back becasue he is a tweener who is not a great athlete. He won't get a ton of playing time to showcase his skills so he will come back and be a POY candidate next year.

Kobango will leave as he s playing tons of minutes and looks like an NBA point guard. The NBA is a point-guards league and teams will take him high.

Beal will leave as he doesn;t have any glaring weaknesses, so everything he does can be polished in the NBA.

I think Teague comes back though as he has struggled early, and even though I see him improving a lot, I just don't see him beeing ready. He has tons of athletic ability and I think after 2 years he could be a star. Kentucky has no 5 star point guard coming in for next year, so he will get tons of minutes and Calipari will want him back. Kentuck has Ryan Harrow eligible for next year, but Teague won't have much to worry about.

Malik-Universal
Malik-Universal's picture
mcadoo will def. come

mcadoo will def. come back

after i watched the unc vs msu game, my spidey senses tiggled

and i came up with the conclusion that he will come back to unc next yr cuz hes so damn raw

and he had four fouls in 17 min...

RSS: Syndicate content