Number 1 pick in 2012 Draft

canesboy6
Number 1 pick in 2012 Draft

My opinion on this one isn't the consensus, but I don't know how. The number one pick in the 2012 draft is.....

Harrison Barnes. Its pretty much a no brainer. Blake Griffin was a Sure thing. John Wall was a Sure thing. Lebron, Duncan, Durant were all sure things. Harrison Barnes is a Sure thing. He is 6-8 225 with a measured 7 foot wingspan. He can already shoot, which is something that NO athletic Wing with size has at his stage of development. He has the framework for a handle. Man on man he shut down Kyle Singler, who was a very good college player that was 3 years older as well. He struggled early, but grew, and eventually was dominant. The sky is the limit and he is a very safe bet to get there too.

Andre Drummond might be great, but he might not be. Is he Amare, or Is he a Stronger but smaller Javale Mcgee? Questions of Work Ethic And Basketball IQ are always bad signs to me. Being stronger and bigger and more athletic than your competition is easy. You don't dominate the NBA that way, and I dont think he is quite on the Blake Griffin level as an athlete, he is just very uncommonly athletic for his size and age. He hasn't challenged himself in AAU or High School and Chose not to go to college either. If there wasnt a superstar in the draft, you take a risk on Drummond. But theres a very good crop of All Star calibur prospects.

Jared Sullinger never gets the love he deserves but he is another sure thing to me. I know for a fact that he is a 20/10 guy who plays all around winning basketball. I dont know why everybody says he is undersized. He has great size for a power forward and is a little small but plenty strong and talented to be a center.

Anthony Davis has been the early candidate, and is very interesting. The Hype is there, and the highlights look good, but Ive never seen him play so I cant really say either way. Just from measurables and hype alone, I acknowledge that its possible he is in the conversation. People are sleeping Hard on Gilchrist too, that kid is a top 10 pick GUARANTEED and probably top 5. I hate UK btw. Teague is overrated. He isnt the player Brandon Knight is.

James Mcadoo is a great prospect. He is another sure thing, but he seems like a number 2 guy to me. Which is worth a very high draft pick, but In a draft like this, I cant see him being top 2. I also think he is a 2 or 3 year guy, he has said that multiple times.

Austin Rivers shouldn't be slept on either. He has NBA Size at the 2, NBA athleticism, and NBA game. He has an NBA attitude too. Id be surprised if he wasnt a top 5 pick.

And then theres Perry Jones. Who is an absolute FREAK. And Quincey Miller. All of these guys seem like sure thing top 5 players to me so Im not sure where they all fit.

So yeah, all of those guys are guys I wouldnt be surprised in the least if they ended up All Stars one day. If ever there was a year to be a sucky NBA team, its this year. Poor Cleveland, they get 1 and 4 and pick borderline starters the year before the best draft in a while lol.

As of Right now, heres my lottery

1. Harrison Barnes

2. Andre Drummond

3. Jared Sullinger

4. Anthony Davis

5. Austin Rivers

6. Michael Gilchrist

7. Perry Jones

8. James Mcadoo

9. Quincey Miller

10. Brad Beal

11. John Henson

12. Myck Kabongo

13. Ray Mcallum

14. Jeremy Lamb

RUDEBOY_
RUDEBOY_'s picture
Drummond is the number 1 pick

Drummond is the number 1 pick if he decides to enter, thats already written in concrete....

Barnes will be a top 5 pick next year and if he can get better handles he's the 2nd pick,no matter who else comes out...

Anthony Davis is very talented,but what position will he play? People are trying to make the next Durant, but he plays more like Garnett...

Gilchrist is going to surprise alot of people...

Perry Jones must become more agressive and play like a star....

McAdoo plays like a 7 year vet.....

Sullinger might be the best post player in the country..

I know i'm going to get negatives for saying this,but i dont give a dam about points.....But if Renardo Sidney can lose weight ,mature,learn to play post defense and have a great year..It'll be hard for teams not to look at him in the lottery...He's a skilled 6'10 big man and those are hard to find these days...

rileymcshea3
rileymcshea3's picture
How was Durant a sure thing

How was Durant a sure thing if he wasnt even the first pick of his draft?

But i do agree with Austin Rivers and Jared Sullinger they are both over looked

rileymcshea3
rileymcshea3's picture
I am saying like if you were

I am saying like if you were saying Durant was a sure thing first pick

meisi4
i understand what your saying

i understand what your saying but i think drummond will be the number one pick just because of his upside. he could change a francise if he becomes the player he can be. i know that there is a big IF but i think who ever gets the number one pick will fall for that.

i really like barnes and i agree with him being a sure thing but i think his upside in comparison to guys like drummond and davis will keep him from being the number one pick.

iguapops420
iguapops420's picture
No way Drummond doesn't go

No way Drummond doesn't go #1. Too much natural ability and skill. Drummnd is the type of guy like T-Mac who could practice very little and still manage to have a terrific career. Don't make a mistake and compare him to McGee. The skill level between the two is on completely different levels.

Personally, I think he could come in right now and have a VERY Amare type rookie year. HE's definitely a 20-10 type guy as early as his 2nd year IMO.

Hitster
Hitster's picture
Drummond, Barnes and Davis

Drummond, Barnes and Davis are the 3 guys who I think have the best shot of going number 1. But outside of that Aran has McAdoo listed at two on his mock and he's a fairly good judge of talent so if McAdoo had a big year he could go number one on upside and family reputation especially as he'll be matched alongside Barnes

There has been a lot of love for PG's in recent years so you could see Teague or Rivers again both with an NBA connection and both being on a powerhouse team making strides up the boards.

canesboy6
Sure thing

When I say sure thing, it doesnt mean Sure thing 1st Pick. It means sure thing All Star, no risk pick. When you get a chance to make one of those, history has shown it is foolish not to just to get a big with potential. IMO people are making Drummond seem like he is farther along than he really is. Not to say the potential isn't enormous, but Amare Right now? 20 /10 in 2 years ? nooo way. He doesnt always put up 20/10 in high school, and hasnt really developed enough in the past 2 years to make me think that his next season in high school (again) and a rookie season on bad team will be enough to magically make him play hard and be a 20/10 guy in the league.

Barnes is the guy this year. Perry Jones is being slept on too.

canesboy6
20/10

That is a night in Night out stat line for a big man. It comes from consistent guys.

These are the 20/10 guys in the NBA. Not all of these guys accomplished that last year, but usually or frequently do. They are as consistent as it gets.

Kevin Love

Dwight Howard

Zach Randolph

Blake Griffin

Pau Gasol

Al Jefferson

Kevin Garnett

Tim Duncan

I just cant guarantee Drummond is that type of guy, and I cant guarantee he will be able to do that any time soon either. Barnes is a sure thing to me, for sure a 20 ppg scorer and team leader, hard worker, good frontman for an organization. Drummond is the kind of guy you will have to build. Barnes built himself and you build around him.

DMV_LeGenD
DMV_LeGenD's picture
After watching Perry Jones, I

After watching Perry Jones, I concluded that he is a more mechanical form of Memphis guard Rudy Gay. Smaller hands.

Jared Sullinger is basically Big Baby with better touch around the rim. He looks even shorter than Baby. Sullinger is always going to be a 6th man bench player on a championship team because he gives up defense everything that he earns for you offensively. Those type of players are normally bench players on a deep playoff teams. Jason terry of powerforwards.

Definitely not a two way player but a helpful player. You always run the problem of stephen curry playing shooting guard trying to guard kobe bryant. Same thing happens with sullinger. Very good offensively but can't be a starter because he can't guard the top powerforwards in the game effectively because he is undersized.

iguapops420
iguapops420's picture
Not something I care enough

Not something I care enough to get int detail and argue about. You have your opinion I have mine. Drummond has above average size,athleticism, rebounding, and skills. Sometimes a lack of motor in high school is due to lack of competition and NEED to go as hard as you possibly can.

Just ask Kevin Durant.

canesboy6
Oz

Yeah, but he is 2 inches Taller than Gay, and has a longer wingspan than Gay, who is already a very good NBA player in his early twenties and makes almost max money. So If he is going to be Gay, he should be a very high draft pick.

IDK how people can knock Sullinger either. People said all the same things about Kevin Love. He has been a winner at every level, is cutting weight, and has plenty of tools for the next level. He is going to be a great player from day 1. He is a better athlete than love, is a legit 6'9 275 in shoes with an ok wingspan, and can shoot, pass, and put the ball on the deck. No brainer to me. He isn't out of shape like Guys like Sweetney, and he is also Younger, and was dominant from day 1.

Penny Jr.
Can, yall kill the davis and

Can, yall kill the davis and garnett comparisons can somebody show me a dang mixtape where he shows a post move that makes you think oh that reminds me of KG or any post move at all, okay we know he has a KG body build but that doesnt mean he plays like him, last time i seen him play he was puttin the ball on the floor like a gaurd and we kno KG could put the ball on the floor too but Davis is a way more advanced ball handler than he was at this level

DMV_LeGenD
DMV_LeGenD's picture
^^

Yeah. KG was obviously just as skilled in the post in HS as he is now. *rolls eyes*

RSS: Syndicate content