Noel weighs in at 218

mds0549
Noel weighs in at 218

So Noel weighed in at 218 today and "his people" say that they think he'll weigh as much as 230 by the time his first NBA game is played. If he has really put on 12 lbs since the combine I have to worry about how he has put on the weight. I also wonder what this does for teams evaluating him if they see that he can pack on some lbs.

I still worry about a guy who was 206 while rehabing his knee when most people would put on weight.

Sewok15
Sewok15's picture
When I was 19 I weighed 170

When I was 19 I weighed 170 and after 5 years of maturing and working out I weigh 205 and I didn't even really try to put on weight. I wouldn't worry about his weight a couple weeks ago considering he won't even be playing until midseason and is more of a longterm pick...I would worry about his development of an offensive game more than his skinny frame.

I would also have some concern about his ACL as well but his weight isn't a huge deal. Anthony Davis was a no brainer #1 pick at 222 lbs last year so I don't see what the big deal is.

esperanzafleet69
esperanzafleet69's picture
I really think the biggest

I really think the biggest thing for him is being able to get his knees strong enough to support more weight as he ages, matures, and gains it naturally. Davis didn't have the injury history of noel and I think they're worried about if he become the next Greg oden.

Realgm had a good article about this discussing a way to develop bigs without knee problems.

mattystars
mattystars's picture
there is a photo of him on

there is a photo of him on instagram (Nerlensnoel3) that show's a gnarly photo of his knee, i just had my ACL done and no way it looks as bad as that

Spacegrass
esperanzafleet69
esperanzafleet69's picture
Holy crap that's nuts. Scars

Holy crap that's nuts. Scars can look pretty raw. My roomate tore his lcl somehow while rolling over in his sleep And the surgery scar was pretty big. Almost as big as that. Seems like his tear was pretty severe.

mattystars
mattystars's picture
thats the one!

thats the one!

rope
There is more wrong with his

There is more wrong with his knee than the ACL, which is why he is gonna drop. I can't see taking a risk on that, given the history of players with similar slight frames that rely on springiness. That joint is almost shot and he is only 19.

TheArtistPaysth...
TheArtistPaysthePrice's picture
I hope he is not gaining weight just to shut people up

That would be terrible and immature move. Most guys gain weight while out from surgeries and it creates more inflammation and swelling in there body as a whole. I thought him being at 206 was a great thing for his rehab. 12 pounds in one month isn't muscle and reeks of being a PR move. Who cares what people post on the internet and IMO his focus should only be on a successful rehab.

raybeas
raybeas's picture
Check his pockets

for rolls of quarters or lead weights.
A 6% weight gain in one month is a red flag.
He doesn't have the frame to put on much weight. He will probably max out about 225lbs in peak physical condition.

Memphis Madness
Charles Barkley put on about

Charles Barkley put on about 25 pounds in 3 days just so Philadelphia wouldn't draft him.

RSS: Syndicate content