This topic contains 17 replies, has 7 voices, and was last updated by AvatarAvatar European Basketballer 10 years, 11 months ago.

• Author
    European Basketballer
    Participant

Nikos Gikas plays on the senior men’s team of Filathlitikos in the second division of Greece.

That is a FULL pro league and for men – NOT the same as the under 18 league Giannis Adetokoubo also plays in – the SENIOR team is the only team Gikas plays in, which is a full professional league.

Gikas is the starting point guard on the senior team of Filathlitikos and Giannis Adetokoubo is his backup.

Gikas is a 6’1″ point guard and he is a very talented player. Even though he is a college age player, he is definitely one of the best players in the Greek second division.

He is a really good point guard that can run the offense well, set the rhythm of the game, and control the tempo. He is very good and running pick and roll and throwing lob passes. He can make pretty much every kind of pass, can create his own shot and for others, and he is a very good shooter.

He can shoot off the dribble and off the catch. He is also quick and he has good elevation and release on his jump shot. In addition to this, he is also a good defender. He is probably the best player on Filathlitikos.

If he played in NCAA he would be drafted I think.

Here he is in YouTube:

Sotos14
    Participant

“If he played in NCAA he would be drafted I THINK.”

you’re slllooowwwllyyy learning not to overestimate the s*** out of these guys.

European Basketballer
      Participant

Don’t be a jerk. He is white and short so they would still show some racism to him even if he played in NCAA.

Based on talent and skills…he EASILY would be in the NBA. EASILY.

Sotos14
        Participant

I’m not being a jerk, just a realist. I am Greek too and would love nothing more than these guys to be absolute studs and dominate the NBA, but that’s not the case. Greece is a top 3 nation in bball, but because of their chemistry, smarts, physicality, and shooting, not because their athleticism, which is vital in the NBA.

European Basketballer
          Participant

BULLSHIT

NBA is LOADED with players that lack athletic ability, are slow, are stiffs, etc.

LOADED with such players.

Gikas is much more athletic than Andre Miller, Pablo Prigioni, Jason Kidd, Steve Nash, and MANY other NBA point guards. So don’t give me that fucking BULLSHIT.

Leonard Washington
            Participant

Well I mean they are almost 40 lol…with that being said they’d still contribute more than Gikas.

Sotos14
    Participant

I love how the pg’s you picked are super dominant passers. Plus Andre Miller and Jason Kidd have substantial size on Gikas. And to say Nash isn’t athletic, even at his current age is a joke. Just because he doesn’t have a 40inch vert does not mean he isn’t a great athlete.

European Basketballer
    Participant

I named them to show that you are full of it. Them and MANY others in NBA are NOT athletic in even the slightest way. But you say Gikas or all Greeks can’t play in NBA because of athleticism issues.

Because it is UNTRUE since NBA is loaded with guys with no athletic ability.

And yes, Gikas is much more athletic than whole bunches of NBA point guards. And he IS a passer idiot.

This RACIST crap has to end.

Nash is athletic huh? Nash is athletic but Gikas isn’t?

Gikas is way more athletic than Nash ever was in his whole career. And don’t give me this “passing” nonsense. Because Gikas is a GREAT passer and creator.

All this freaking RACIST crap needs to stop.

Substantial size? 1 inch is “substantial size”………………..

Leonard Washington
      Participant

Yes we shall end our racist crap when you post a thread that makes sense or one where you’re not crying about all your homies in the high powered Greek league never getting drafted based on the fact that they’re white or Greek.

WolfRob
    Participant

Nash is 6’4 ish, so that would make him 3 inches taller. Why do you take these clowns and try to call them great athletes? Just say it how it is, they are solid european basketball players with good skills.

European Basketballer
      Participant

Nash is nothing close to 6’4″. He’s about 6’2″ in shoes at most.

mavsatx
    Participant

looks like he is pretty good though… hit shot is wet for sure and his handle looks nice. The passes seem to be like some pretty good looks…hard to tell without watching a whole game however about his overall impact on the game

European Basketballer
    Participant

He is very good. For his age, his level of production at the level he plays at (one of best teams in A2 league) is incredible. Big teams from all over Europe are thinking about going after him this summer.

As a comparison for example, Nedovic ’91 is in almost all the mock drafts, and he’s not even close to the skill set for a point guard that Gikas has. Westerman ’92 is closer, but he sure does not have the shot that Gikas has.

Gikas is one of the best point guards in Europe in his age group, and probably has the most skills.

pohani komarac
      Participant

LOL

you compare Greek 2nd division player to Eurolegue players who are anlso younger then Greek 2nd division player

European Basketballer
        Participant

lol Nedovic isn’t younger than Gikas.

lol at Westermann and Nedovic being true Euroleague level players right now.

lol at you thinking those two are more skilled than Gikas.

lol at you.

pohani komarac
          Participant

OK, great arguments once again. But in video it says Gikas is 90.born (btw. it means he can’t get drafted anymore)

well Nedovic is 91.. I’m not Stephen Hawking but I guess people born 1991. are younger then those born 1990.

Nedovic and Westerman were playing Eurolegue and were playing ABA and VTB legue…but well maybe competition they played is not good as Greek 2nd division

When I see Gikas playing high evel basketball then I will be able to compere him with players that you say he is better

European Basketballer
            Participant

Gikas is listed as ’91 born.

ProudGrandpa
    Participant

If there’s one thing I’ve learned in 18 years of life, its that you should never sleep on a 6’1″ guy that’s dominating the Greek Second Division…

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login