Who do you guys predict will be the final 4 teams in the Eastern Conference?
4) 76ers (If the 76ers trade Iggy then watch out for this team, great coach, top12 pg, Evan Turner will be good, Young 6 man of the year???)
Alright ill shy away from saying my normal "You can't predict the season" thing and try it.
1)Bulls - Derrick Rose will only improve and with a healthy Noah and Boozer we will (hopefully) see a fully healthy bulls team at work all season. As long as they get a solid SG that doesn't mess up chemistry your looking at the 1st or 2nd best defensive team in the league with at least a 5-10 ppg increase for the Bulls. hopefully Deng can stay consistent and this team could have a much better chance at contending against the heat in the playoffs.
2)Celtics - In my opinion, the celtics will suprise everyone as long as they get good play at Center. If rondo continues to work on his jumpshot over the summer he can become Elite in a league where PG position is very strong nowadays. Ray Allen will keep his jumpshot as he has aged well and seems to be in more shape than most in the league. Pierce is the most important piece as I thought he struggled with being a consistent scorer. He needs to get his jumpshot back to par and improve his defense and tenacity. Garnett should be his normal self. This team knows this is probably their best chance at a championship as they continue to get older and in order to be great they must want it more than the Heat.
3) Heat - They got the big 3 and I see them being slightly better than last but I still think they will struggle in this eastern conference that continues to get stronger. Expect them to have more chemistry but I don't see them having the ability to get a better bench in the offseason or a Pg better than Chalmers. The big 3 must work hard in the offseason as Championships don't come easy. In a conference that continues to get so much stronger they will have to face the bulls, Celtics, Knicks, Nets(who at least have an Elite PG and solid center so they can pull a couple upsets), Magic(at least until D-Howard is gone they are still really good), 76ers, and Pacers(who gave heat some trouble) they will have a tougher road than last year if they want to make it back to the Finals.
4) Knicks - They have a top 3 SF, top 3-5 PF, and a Great leader at Point they are going to be good. They have 2 of the best scorers in the League and if they do they right thing and find a coach that fits the team better you need to watch out as they could be contenders. They need help from the bench and rebounding but Melo has shown the ability to be a good defender when he tries. Just don't sleep on this Knicks team.
Wow I guess i wasted typing all that^
1. Bulls-add a SG who can create shot and servicable on D. They will be better (J.Rich maybe or someone similar)
2. Heat-will be about same. It will be tough to fill out roster with the perfect pieces. (Bulls-Heat will be the rivalry to watch)
3. Celtics-Need a solid center to compete for title (Athletic, not a scrub on either end). Rondo has got to hit shot consistently. Only getting older.
4.Hawks-Gotta shake things up though. Good depth at guard, JSmooth is legit, All Star in Horford. Solid Center could be the answer (Dalembert type)
Rest of playoff teams
76rs, Knicks, Pacers, Nets (all depend on moves made)
stevie i think you took the safe route except for the 76ers. i agree than can be really good but there is no way that they're going to jump past the knicks, magic, and hawks
I agree with the bulls and heat being the frontrunners. I think the celtics will be just as good as they were this season, but that's not too good because I do believe the Knicks will be a lot stronger after having a summer together and part of a season together
I do see the bulls being the strongest team top to bottom in the conference. I stilll think if they meet in the playoffs, they'll lose to the heat. I dont think the Celtics can get any better. Thats why I think they will drop to 4th or 5th. I also think the Orlando Magic, can sneak into that 4th spot with Gilbert Arenas having a freesh start with them this year and a healthy J.J, Reddick. Nonetheless, Dwight Howard will dominate all Eastern Conference Bigs
Bulls need to sign Vince Carter