up next eurobasket 2011

MCRIZZ
MCRIZZ's picture
up next eurobasket 2011

There have already been a wide range of posts on jonas valancious' abilities, highlights mvp, tournament etc...but this article is a great breakdown of the tournament and what is next for the young man

http://tsn.ca/nba/story/?id=371530

Heres a "coles notes version of the article"

As satisfying it was for val's supporters and eye opening for his detractors there wasn't really a lot to learn about Valanciunas that those who have seen him play didn't already know. What the tournament did do however is possibly give him a noteworthy role with the senior team this August when the Eurobasket tournament kicks off. Being just 19-years-old, Valanciunas may not merit considerable minutes with the big boys in his first go with the team, so any edge he can get to earn court time (like dominating the U19 ranks), he'll take.

For me the most exciting part of the article:

"Throw in the fact that guys like Joakim Noah, Marcin Gortat and the Gasols could be taking part this summer and suddenly having a guy like Valanciunas in reserve becomes something of an asset, even if he is a little young to be cracking the senior rotation."

Seeing val play against some of the nba's elite is something I am really looking forward to!

boshjonesford
He is getting alot of

He is getting alot of experience at a young age....i think he would be top 3 pick had he come out next year (next years draft doesnt have centers)

rileymcshea3
rileymcshea3's picture
WOW i like how everybody

WOW i like how everybody starts thinking he is good now when i said he was like 2 months ago

Chrispy
Chrispy's picture
Hey Riley

Don't be that band guy. "Iliked them before you all jumped on the wagon, now I need to restate that fact over and over"... on every Jonas V post. We get it! You have the power of foresight... perhaps you are even bulemic and can read minds.

rileymcshea3
rileymcshea3's picture
ok your a funny guy ChrisP

ok your a funny guy ChrisP

RSS: Syndicate content